Audio or Engine?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2004, 10:11 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audio or Engine?

I am in a fix. I dont know wether to spend the money i have now on engine mods or go for the audio. I have enough to do the audio right(not just replace speakers)...but i also have the money for headers, intake, pullies, and one more mod......i know its more on preference....but any input will help...thanks

Jim
Old 12-04-2004, 10:26 AM
MIA

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
I would say performance mods over audio, or half and half. My
Old 12-04-2004, 10:31 AM

what are u more into.. performance or audio me personally went with audio 1st only bc i got a really good price on a system
Old 12-04-2004, 10:34 AM
Resident Troll.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I decided to go with engine mods first... some of the mods like headers and the pulley really make it feel like a whole new car and it is alot more fun to drive!
Old 12-04-2004, 10:46 AM
El Presidente

both! just be patient my friend
Old 12-04-2004, 12:50 PM
Banned

engine!...beating up on more expensive cars with your modded TL is FAR more entertaining!

Believe me, I have small mods on my engine and I love the looks on the Germen car owners faces when I beat them!
Old 12-04-2004, 12:58 PM
Instructor

yeah i think i might go engine...fuck up all these fagets at my school....and my bragging friend.....but just to ask...what else to the engine should i do besides I/H/P..exhaust is my last perf. mod...what ya think..NOS,V-afc..? thanks

ohh yeah and ill have to beat thsi kid at my school who also just got a 2000 TL...show him whos better...he doesnt respect that car anyway...
Old 12-04-2004, 01:17 PM
MIA

Originally Posted by bondboy76
ohh yeah and ill have to beat thsi kid at my school who also just got a 2000 TL...show him whos better...he doesnt respect that car anyway...
As far as the whole looks vs. performance deal...Why look the part if you can't play it, so I think you should go for performance LOL ...I'll race that kid too and then he can feel bad he got beat by a girl with a better car...j/k...Do a search though, you'll find a lot of info about possible engine mods...S/C, you could get a new TB, a bunch of things...
Old 12-04-2004, 01:21 PM
Instructor

yeah i really want to get a type-s throttle body....but they are rather hard to find...and s/c....just a lil exspensive
Old 12-04-2004, 01:21 PM
El Presidente

yeah i think i might go engine...fuck up all these fagets at my school....and my bragging friend.....but just to ask...what else to the engine should i do besides I/H/P..exhaust is my last perf. mod...what ya think..NOS,V-afc..? thanks

yeah u could go I/P/H/E, then get a V-AFC and make sure to get it tuned at a pro-shop. next would probably be some springs/struts/sways and definatley some good tires.
Old 12-04-2004, 01:24 PM
El Presidente

oh man! S/C would be the ultimate!
Old 12-04-2004, 01:24 PM
MIA

yeah i really want to get a type-s throttle body....but they are rather hard to find...and s/c....just a lil exspensive
Look at some salvage yards if you can't find a new one...

Originally Posted by Dark DJ
oh man! S/C would be the ultimate!
I definately want one...too bad I have rent and a million bills to pay each month
Old 12-04-2004, 02:16 PM
Banned

fuck up all these fagets at my school....and my bragging friend.....

Man this shit is too funny... What year TL do you have? It sounds like there's some competition going on. Back when I was in high school noone had fast cars at all. All were riced out civics, eclipses, or integras. Except for this kid Thomas, who had a red 5.0 Mustang though which he claimed was running low 13s. He was all proud he had the fastest car in the school. He always bragged how he could beat anyone. One day I revved on him after school and he tried to take off and ran into the back of a pickup truck which totaled his shit. I laughed so hard I almost ran up on a curb. Even more funny his ugly ass girl was in the car too when it happend. Just telling you this so it doesn't happen to you. Don't let your ego mess up your TL and be careful when you race that 00' TL.
Old 12-04-2004, 08:08 PM
Instructor

yeah it is a lil odd having two 2000 TL in the same damn color..at the same highschool. And ive said before he has no idea what hes driving tho....hes always saying ohh its just a family car...fuckin idiot....and yeah at my school there are 4 STI's, 3 WRX's, 2 EVO's, a nasty integra, 2 mustang GT's, and my friend has the 2004 accord coupe V6 6 speed(intake and exhaust).....my school is preety damn loaded...lots of rich people moving out here...and dont worry im paranoid bout that car..ill let the other guys crash..and then laugh at them while i pull them out of the flaming reckage..ha
Old 12-05-2004, 07:58 AM
Instructor

ohh and i cant forget the 3 IROK camaros......one guy drove his over a curb into another kids car the other day...he got his ass beat
Old 12-05-2004, 11:20 AM
MIA

Originally Posted by bacardi151
Man this shit is too funny... What year TL do you have? It sounds like there's some competition going on. Back when I was in high school noone had fast cars at all. All were riced out civics, eclipses, or integras. Except for this kid Thomas, who had a red 5.0 Mustang though which he claimed was running low 13s. He was all proud he had the fastest car in the school. He always bragged how he could beat anyone. One day I revved on him after school and he tried to take off and ran into the back of a pickup truck which totaled his shit. I laughed so hard I almost ran up on a curb. Even more funny his ugly ass girl was in the car too when it happend. Just telling you this so it doesn't happen to you. Don't let your ego mess up your TL and be careful when you race that 00' TL.
I've seen this happen many times We had alot of nice cars at my high school too, one kid had a Jag convertible (I can't think of what its called), an Escalade, 2 Mercedes... One asshole was attempting to do a burnout in his brand new 6spd Maxima in the student parking lot after hours and somehow he managed to crash into the brand new science building
Old 12-05-2004, 01:21 PM
Instructor

haha..ohh the stupid peaple..im staying away from the kids with the RWD cars...they all liek to show off thier brunouts..then they fuck up and hit someones car...then they feel real cool
Old 12-06-2004, 02:42 PM
Told Ya'LL...DYNASTY !!

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
yea my town is like one square mile but has a bunch of hot whips a few clks (one intake exhaust chipped) escalades,navigators,(on 22s,24s) a bunch of muscle cars (69 camaro ss supercharged, novas, chevelles) a few supercharged cobras, this onne kid just copped a new cts vspec. a bunch of 3 series......
Old 12-06-2004, 03:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by XxXboboXxX
yea my town is like one square mile but has a bunch of hot whips a few clks (one intake exhaust chipped) escalades,navigators,(on 22s,24s) a bunch of muscle cars (69 camaro ss supercharged, novas, chevelles) a few supercharged cobras, this onne kid just copped a new cts vspec. a bunch of 3 series......

Sounds like Lynn Univeristy, the POS college I'm currently attending in Boca Raton, FL. Actually I'm leaving next semester and going to UWF (I CAN'T WAIT!!!) for awhile and then transfer to UF/FSU (CAN'T WAIT EVEN MORE). My school is nothing but Yankees and people up north. Nothing wrong with that but all the ones I've met are retarded . I've yet to meet one person from Florida . I could write a 10 page paper on why this school sucks and how stupid the snobby, stuck up people are. There are M5s, M3s, Jags, RS6, 745s and S500s, etc.

Some kids daddy even rented/bought him a yellow 360 Modena and he totaled it not even a week after he had it. He didn't know how to drive, more or less a F1 tranny. He burnt out in front of some hot girls and stalled out. Everyone laughed at him . In the end, it just FEELS AND LOOKS better buying or help pay for at least your own car and making it look/perform good yourself. People will give you a lot more props that way to. I don't see how it can feel good getting compliments on your car when you did absolutely nothing for any of the mods.

My final
Old 12-06-2004, 03:11 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
I personally went for performance mods first. I did, in the following order, CAI, Headers, Slotted rotors and pads, and TEIN SS. All the mods improved the car substantially, but the headers were the best yet.

Josh
Excelerate LLC
Old 12-06-2004, 05:00 PM
Kollage is funn!

Originally Posted by bacardi151
Sounds like Lynn Univeristy, the POS college I'm currently attending in Boca Raton, FL. Actually I'm leaving next semester and going to UWF (I CAN'T WAIT!!!) for awhile and then transfer to UF/FSU (CAN'T WAIT EVEN MORE). My school is nothing but Yankees and people up north. Nothing wrong with that but all the ones I've met are retarded . I've yet to meet one person from Florida . I could write a 10 page paper on why this school sucks and how stupid the snobby, stuck up people are. There are M5s, M3s, Jags, RS6, 745s and S500s, etc.

Some kids daddy even rented/bought him a yellow 360 Modena and he totaled it not even a week after he had it. He didn't know how to drive, more or less a F1 tranny. He burnt out in front of some hot girls and stalled out. Everyone laughed at him . In the end, it just FEELS AND LOOKS better buying or help pay for at least your own car and making it look/perform good yourself. People will give you a lot more props that way to. I don't see how it can feel good getting compliments on your car when you did absolutely nothing for any of the mods.

My final
wow really? i got into Lynn, and almost went there. they've got BMWs and Benzs and shit?...damn. that's awesome, cept if they're assholes, then that just ruins everything. i never went down there to visit, but i always thought how awesome it would be to just pimp around FL after school......not to sound like a little kid or anything...
Old 12-07-2004, 04:18 PM
Instructor

what do you think about NOS for our cars?..i was thinking about it..get that as the last perfromance mod....but whould that mess up with the V-AFC?