Attn: Hyde/Car Freak/Tuff Gong...and whoever else.....my 6000k came in!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2002, 01:08 PM
O.G.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Attn: Hyde/Car Freak/Tuff Gong...and whoever else.....my 6000k came in!!!

WOOHOO!!!!!

My 6000k came in today guys. So is this coming Saturday June 29th a good date for you guys to help me install the lights??? Let me know cause I want to install it ASAP! It doesn't matter what time so let me know.
Old 06-27-2002, 01:42 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm busy in the AM till noon(early afternoon?).......let Ben and Sandeep come up with a time and location so I can see if I can come help.

Are you coming out to Queens/Nassau area Binh? ****, come out Friday night(or even tonight), I'll help ya. You'll get to enjoy the lights more so when you first turn them on at night.
Old 06-27-2002, 02:01 PM
O.G.

Originally posted by TUFF GONG
I'm busy in the AM till noon(early afternoon?).......let Ben and Sandeep come up with a time and location so I can see if I can come help.

Are you coming out to Queens/Nassau area Binh? ****, come out Friday night(or even tonight), I'll help ya. You'll get to enjoy the lights more so when you first turn them on at night.
Chris, I heard it's gonna rain tonight so tomorrow night is fine with me (what time?). Yea, I will be driving out to you guys. It's the least I can do since you guys are helping me out. Now hopefully Sandeep and Ben can stop by tomorrow night, they better. So where do you want to meet up. I need an address so I can plug it in the navi cause I am not that familiar with the area.

BTW, everybody else is welcome to join us. We can have our own little meet.
Old 06-27-2002, 09:47 PM
O.G.

Guys, don't forget that I got the D2S bulbs so I need to do that little modification. Do any of you guys have that dremel tool or whatever you guys used to install the D2S bulbs???

So let me know what time tomorrow and where (need address)!!! Thanks and I'll see you guys tomorrow.
Old 06-27-2002, 09:58 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by BlackShadow
Guys, don't forget that I got the D2S bulbs so I need to do that little modification. Do any of you guys have that dremel tool or whatever you guys used to install the D2S bulbs???

So let me know what time tomorrow and where (need address)!!! Thanks and I'll see you guys tomorrow.
I think Sandeep has a dremel but I have no idea what his schedule is. We'll wait to see if they respond tonight or tomorrow AM. I would guess I can bring a file (rudimentary but still effective enough)........but I tried to cut the tip of my index finger off a few days ago by accident. No biggie, email me your phone # so I can call you from work tomorrow at TUFFGONG@nyc.rr.com.

Later.
Old 06-27-2002, 10:06 PM
O.G.

I think Sandeep has a dremel but I have no idea what his schedule is. We'll wait to see if they respond tonight or tomorrow AM. I would guess I can bring a file (rudimentary but still effective enough)........but I tried to cut the tip of my index finger off a few days ago by accident. No biggie, email me your phone # so I can call you from work tomorrow at TUFFGONG@nyc.rr.com.

Later.
That's why we need Sandeep there just in case you cut your finger off. Ok, I'll e-mail you my cell # and we can set it up when you call me tomorrow. Thanks!
Old 06-27-2002, 11:19 PM
Three Wheelin'

heheh...one person calling another and looking for another to install a light bulb...funny sh*t.
Old 06-27-2002, 11:30 PM
Ex TL-S owner

Later.
I have the dremel too also. I'm free friday, just give me a call on my cell (e-mail me at ben2680@optonline.net for #) a couple of hours ahead of time. As for the place..i don't care.

-Ben-
Old 06-27-2002, 11:56 PM
O.G.

Originally posted by CarFreak

I have the dremel too also. I'm free friday, just give me a call on my cell (e-mail me at ben2680@optonline.net for #) a couple of hours ahead of time. As for the place..i don't care.

-Ben-
Ok guys, here is the deal. Sandeep gets out @ 6:30 pm from work so anytime after that is fine. Ben, I will call you and Chris tomorrow and we will decide on a place and time. Then we'll let Sandeep know.

See you guys tomorrow!
Old 06-28-2002, 12:22 AM
'Big Daddy Diggler'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Let me know what the address is through pm or email and maybe i will meet up with you guys since i have to go to queens.
Old 06-28-2002, 12:34 AM
O.G.

Originally posted by bigman
Let me know what the address is through pm or email and maybe i will meet up with you guys since i have to go to queens.
Once I find out all the details, I'll give you a call and you better pick up your phone!
Old 06-28-2002, 02:17 AM
Three Wheelin'

hey dinh, besides the dremel part it's very install to install the bulbs. you don't need that many help right?

hey, good luck, and let ALL of us know
Old 06-28-2002, 01:03 PM
BlingBling INSPIRE 32V

Looks like there will be a small meet at East Coast!!

Have fun guys and you'll love it, Binh. Be ready for the blueness!!
Old 06-28-2002, 01:13 PM
Three Wheelin'

dammit dont forget to post the location bihn u got my number im gonna be out for a while so call me when u find out the location........maybe we can do it at the homedepot in flushing ???
Old 06-28-2002, 03:06 PM
O.G.

Originally posted by NsX Pilot
dammit dont forget to post the location bihn u got my number im gonna be out for a while so call me when u find out the location........maybe we can do it at the homedepot in flushing ???
We are meeting at the intersection of winchester blvd and union turnpike @ 6:30 pm in queens village. Don't ask me for directions cause I don't know. That's why I got the navi to help me. I'll give you a call anyways.
Old 06-28-2002, 03:07 PM
O.G.

Originally posted by rominl
hey binh, besides the dremel part it's very install to install the bulbs. you don't need that many help right?

hey, good luck, and let ALL of us know
I know it doesn't take that many people but it's always fun to chill with the guys.
Old 06-28-2002, 03:31 PM
Three Wheelin'

We are meeting at the intersection of winchester blvd and union turnpike @ 6:30 pm in queens village. Don't ask me for directions cause I don't know. That's why I got the navi to help me. I'll give you a call anyways.

Binh, I ain't calling you back since Ben spoke with ya. We are meeting at Alley Pond Park parking lot the same place I got busted by the cops for "chilling" with a girl in my car....well, nevermind that, I'll see ya all around 19:00hrs.
Old 06-28-2002, 08:52 PM
Three Wheelin'

Talking 6000K Meet

Heres Binh hard at work Dremelin' his 6000K D2S'

Old 06-28-2002, 08:53 PM
Three Wheelin'

Hyde was right!! It does only take two idiots to install the bulbs!

BlackShadow & Hyde trying to figure out how to go about the mod

Old 06-28-2002, 08:54 PM
Three Wheelin'

Excuse the poor quality pics...

Yours truly, Carfreak, Rmarin........

Old 06-28-2002, 08:55 PM
Three Wheelin'

......Rmarin's 2nd TL-S, Hyde, NSXPilot and BlackShadow

Old 06-28-2002, 08:56 PM
Three Wheelin'

last shot...before the cops kicked us out........all in all, Binh wound up doing it on his own....., it was just an excuse to have a mini meet.

I'm sorry I didn't take more shots guys.....my bad
Old 06-28-2002, 09:00 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts

That last shot is sweet Chris.

Before anyone says anything about my outfit, I stopped by on my way home from work, those are scrubs, and they are Cranberry, not Pink!!!!!!!!!!! :p
Old 06-28-2002, 09:02 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by Mr Hyde

Before anyone says anything about my outfit, I stopped by on my way home from work, those are scrubs, and they are Cranberry, not Pink!!!!!!!!!!!

:p
Uh uh, who you kidding, thats your casual jumpsuit your always sportin'
Old 06-28-2002, 09:35 PM
Ex TL-S owner

Uh uh, who you kidding, thats your casual jumpsuit your always sportin'
LOL! The last shot is awesome Chris. The sky looks cool.
Old 06-28-2002, 09:56 PM
Three Wheelin'

does anyone know where blackshadow parks his car.....i want his 6000k's....ill just leave 140 dollars stuck in each headlight.

Hey bihn how you like the way i did that honda accord on the cross bronx....lmfao.
Old 06-28-2002, 10:14 PM
Burning Brakes

Hey Chris, the pics came out real nice!!

It turned out to be a cool mini-meet. All I have to say about this meet is: Damn the NSX is sweet!!!

It was cool meeting NSXPILOT and BlackShadow and it was good to see Chris, Ben and Sandeep again!!

We should definitely get together again, but only AFTER we wash our cars!!! lol!!

-Rich
Old 06-28-2002, 10:23 PM
Three Wheelin'

i just finished washing mine ....
Old 06-28-2002, 10:37 PM
O.G.

Originally posted by NsX Pilot
does anyone know where blackshadow parks his car.....i want his 6000k's....ill just leave 140 dollars stuck in each headlight.

Hey binh how you like the way i did that honda accord on the cross bronx....lmfao.
Let me tell you my little story about my ride home. First of all, I hate NYC's roads. I hit a few bumps here and there and I thought my wheel fell off!

Talking about the honda....let's just say I put him in his place. After we left, the honda decided to tailgate me since I turned on my TVs. Then I took the upper level to the GWB and he took the lower level. I thought that was the end of it but no...after we got off the bridge, I saw some fake a$$ HIDs coming up and I knew it was the honda wanting to play again. It's bad enough it's a 94 but with 6 people in the car, I was being nice and was toying with him. I let him catch up then I burned him and repeat for close to a mile until I had to get off my exit. It's funny cause some girls in the back was waving at me. Damn they were checking my ride out and they were drooling over yours. And the way you burned him was PRICELESS!!!:wow:

Oh almost forgot....I got ripped a new a$$hole with the price of the gas. Over in NJ, premium was $1.49 so I thought it will be like within 10 cents of that price. Tell me why the fvcking gas came out to $1.89 a gallon. Damn my tank is almost empty again from the ride home.

BTW, get near my lights and you will die a slow painful death.:p How about I trade you my 6000k HIDs for your NSX?? Sounds like a fair trade to me.

All in all, it was a great mini-meet!
Old 06-28-2002, 10:42 PM
O.G.

I just want to say "thank you" to all the guys helping me out even though I did most of the dremeling. But I have to give a special shout-out to Rich and Ben for ACTUALLY helping me out while Chris and Sandeep was doing their thing.:p Thank god Rich and Ben have all the tools necessary to make the job much easier.

BTW, those were Sandeep's clubbing clothes.:wow:
Old 06-28-2002, 10:52 PM
O.G.

I don't know why but the 99 TL have a better light output than the 02. I think it must be the diffuser in the 99. As you can tell from the 1st pic of the 2nd page, that my 99TL with the D2S bulb is brighter and bluer than the D2S on a 02 TL-S. For those who can't tell, I am the last car on the right.

Then we compared the D2S bulbs to the D2R bulbs in the TL-S. We all agreed that the D2S bulbs are a little brighter than the D2R. We were comparing them side-by-side.

Overall it was a great time just hanging out with the guys! Hope we can do it again soon.

Thanks again for everything fellas!!!
Old 06-28-2002, 10:52 PM
Burning Brakes

I just want to say "thank you" to all the guys helping me out even though I did most of the dremeling. But I have to give a special shout-out to Rich and Ben for ACTUALLY helping me out while Chris and Sandeep was doing their thing.:p Thank god Rich and Ben have all the tools necessary to make the job much easier.

Anytime bro... glad to be of help!!

Don't blow up sandeeps spot with the clothes man... keep that on the down low!!!!

-Rich
Old 06-28-2002, 10:55 PM
O.G.

Did I mentioned that I love the D2S 6000k HIDs?!!! I was lighting up the whole street. Damn and I thought our regular HIDs was bright. The 6000k makes them look like halogens now.:p Just wanted to share my joy!
Old 06-28-2002, 11:00 PM
Ex TL-S owner

Did I mentioned that I love the D2S 6000k HIDs?!!! I was lighting up the whole street. Damn and I thought our regular HIDs was bright. The 6000k makes them look like halogens now.:p Just wanted to share my joy!
You're Welcome! Glad you like em.
Old 06-28-2002, 11:01 PM
Ex TL-S owner

Sorry Sandeep, but the "cranberry" scrubs look

Old 06-28-2002, 11:22 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by CarFreak

Sorry Sandeep, but the "cranberry" scrubs look

LOL
So he actually go clubbing with those?

Here's his pickup line..."Hi, I'm Dr...Hyde...would u Jekell me? "
Old 06-29-2002, 06:11 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Oh my god Sandeep, those are some pink @$$ scrubs!!! lol j/k. You should get a pair of wine colored scrubs. We just got them so I picked up a pair for myself

Rosh
Old 06-29-2002, 08:44 PM
BlingBling INSPIRE 32V

:wow:

Dang~~ I am speechless!!! Oh yeah, I have it, too.

Looks good Binh.

And chris, I didn't know you have yellow fogs. That looks great!!
Old 06-30-2002, 09:55 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts

Hey I had the most important job; Supervision!!!!!!!!!

Come on you have to admit I helped with the actual how to on where, what, and how much to dremel and making sure those bulbs fit in there nice and snug.
Old 07-01-2002, 12:26 AM
O.G.

Originally posted by Mr Hyde

Hey I had the most important job; Supervision!!!!!!!!!

Come on you have to admit I helped with the actual how to on where, what, and how much to dremel and making sure those bulbs fit in there nice and snug.
Is that what you do at your real job too, supervising??!!

Fine, if you want to get real technical, Sandeep did tell me where to dremel.:p

Quick Reply: Attn: Hyde/Car Freak/Tuff Gong...and whoever else.....my 6000k came in!!!