ashtray/lighter conversion?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2001, 12:30 AM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post ashtray/lighter conversion?

anyone have this and what is this exactly? i know the stock tray is lined and you get a power port on the other side. does this option replace the entire unit, or is it nothing more than a cigarette lighter?

since there is a power port inside the center console, i thought about getting the cigarette lighter so i could use it to burn something in case of emergencies. plus leaving a cell phone adapter is kinda unsightly.

thanks!
Old 05-20-2001, 10:27 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To install the optional ashtray and lighter you have to dismantle the entire console. All of that sparkly grey trim that Acura uses around the shift and under the radio scratches easily. If the dealer screws it up, they have the responsibility for fixing it. Best left to the dealer IMHO.
Old 05-20-2001, 01:39 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts
Originally posted by StanMan:
anyone have this and what is this exactly? i know the stock tray is lined and you get a power port on the other side. does this option replace the entire unit, or is it nothing more than a cigarette lighter?

since there is a power port inside the center console, i thought about getting the cigarette lighter so i could use it to burn something in case of emergencies. plus leaving a cell phone adapter is kinda unsightly.

thanks!

A cigarette lighter wont just plug into our power outlets and work, the unit has to be changed. As far as the cell phone goes, use the power outlet in the storage compartment between the seats. Their are even notches in the top bin to allow you to run the wire from the bottom storage area to the top one.

The following users liked this post:
Morgan Smith (02-06-2021)