APPLEr10

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2005, 03:23 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
APPLEr10

[b] Apple, or if prefered I can address you by your real name ? If you read carefully you'd see that specificaly I stated YOU won't find the incidence report' "REPORT'S" ( There are other's involving a young victim in a coma for a week) on or IN the NHSTA website, so strike that from your post.

I would also hope your memory served you better ,but since it failed you ,you'll note Honda told me that the 2004 tl had a NEW transmission ,in fact it was the EXACT transmission from the Acura NSX . Call me gullible , desperate for a solution ( Had NO car for 3 month's) ,but I did TRUST and believe that Honda was looking out for my best interest and that is exactly what they told me ,they stated they arranged all of that for me ( Special treatment) " WHATEVER" Heinsight, you know the cliche!

But your comment on controling your car when a transmission locks-up as well as your comparison to the firestone tragedy ? Well I should expect that is your defense ,afterall that is the nature of your business ,however Apple ,it is a very WEAK defense at best as the outcome of the firestone episode proved.

You've posted this stuff again and again. In fact, aren't you trying to sue HOA or your dealer for your 'incident' on top of the schlep that rearended you? Isn't it you who bad-mouthed your car and HOA/Acura so much for their product and service that you got another Acura?

Being in the claims business, and having some other nameless person asserting transmission failure was a result of the loss and having 'some' access to the NHTSA complaint register and research results, transmission failure does not seem to be the PROXIMATE CAUSE of any crash or claim, rather, it was in conjunction of pulling out in front of someone, cutting someone off, or someone already riding your @$$. There is no evidence the transmission failure included a lockup (except one that I know of that was repaired--not replaced--twice by a single dealer and appears to be solely a technician/dealer error causing the lockup). Evidence dictates a hard downshift and/or wandering gears when the failure hits--not abruptly stopping your car. As the driver, you have a great deal of control over your vehicle--just as in a blowout.

As i have posted here before, despite the number of Firestone/Ford cases with settlements, verdicts, etc., and again, there is evidence of design flaws with Ford and certainly the Firestone tire, 99% of all of those cases were people driving on tires either worn well below recommended replacement and more importantly, when the blowout occurred people SLAMMED ON THEIR BRAKES which is absolutely the wrong thing to do with a blowout, much less one with a loaded SUV.

As I have said a million times, you have control of your car, other drivers have control of theirs. If we were all using common sense when we drove and following the applicable traffic laws and rules of the road (which is a lot of what the NHTSA considers with any want of a recall), a tranny failure won't cause an accident. I agree there is a problem with the transmission that hopefully is fixed properly (I have over 40k modified, hard-driving miles on my new one that works perfectly fine), but the point of your post continues and continues and simply rehashes stuff already covered...I won't even go into my thoughts and evidence on accleration/deceleration injuries and whether or not shifting gears would cause them (disk injuries either)...