Anyone know what color this is Called or the Part number for this whole panel?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2020, 02:08 AM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Anyone know what color this is Called or the Part number for this whole panel?

Hello My peeps it has been awhile, Just wondering if any of you guys know what color this is called? It is the upper armrest portion of my Door panel this particular door panel is of the Rear Drivers side Passenger? Anyone got the Part Number for it by chance? In hopes that i can find a replacement for it (yes i know it is almost a 20 year old car) Surprisingly Acura does still have new OEM parts for the 2nd Generation TL (1999-2003) I don't wanna have to scavenge a junkyard like i have in the past plus the chance of me finding one in Mint Undamaged condition in a junkyard is very very unlikely. Anyways If you guys have the Part number i would greatly appreciate it. The reason i am asking for what color the upper armrest door panel is is because i am trying to fix a small tear hole with one of those leather vinyl repair kits but mixing the right color is a challenge. So what is the that material is it Leather or Vinyl or what??? and What color is it??? I am talking about the portion that my Finger is touching in the photo. FYI The sticker on my Drivers Side Door Frame Jam says "TYPE F" Interior as the Interior Color I saw somewhere parchment or beige seems it could be those not for sure though??? I don't mind spending the money on a new Door Panel 1st picture below is the panel (as long as it is in mint Undamaged Condition) But yes if you guys know the part number i can alteast call Acura to see if they still make it or have a stock of them I called them and they told me they need the part number

Old 07-09-2020, 09:31 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,855 Likes on 1,496 Posts
Originally Posted by TL88
I don't mind spending the money on a new Door Panel 1st picture below is the panel (as long as it is in mint Undamaged Condition) But yes if you guys know the part number i can alteast call Acura to see if they still make it or have a stock of them I called them and they told me they need the part number
If I had to guess, you have to purchase the whole Lining, L Rear Door *YR169L* (Mild Beige) - Acura (83783-S0K-A00ZE) on the link below for $433.55 before shipping.

https://www.acuraoemparts.com/oem-pa...dXRvbWF0aWM%3D

Last edited by zeta; 07-09-2020 at 09:37 AM.
Old 07-09-2020, 11:03 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,747 Likes on 6,748 Posts
I'd take it to an upholstery shop and see what they could do for you before replacing it
Old 07-11-2020, 01:03 AM
Advanced

Yeah I mean Spending $500 does not faze me for something that is Like New Undamaged, I Intend on keeping the Car until 2030 atleast even Rebuilding the Engine & Transmission when that time comes (Hopefully that will be a Very Very long time away) rather than just buying another car for Commuting. Like Most people do I could even just put it on my Credit Card it's worth it for something i intend to keep for years to come. Thanks for the info on that part by the way Zeta I am considering it.
Old 07-11-2020, 02:03 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 313 Likes on 258 Posts
Are you referring to the small tear just above the door handle? Seems like a huge price to pay for such localized damage.

Have you exhausted all your efforts to find a repair kit for this? I'd wager a vinyl repair kit with color matching would get this to a "like new" state.

What about paying a service (like DentKIng) to repair it for smaller cost?

Old 07-12-2020, 07:27 AM
wng
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
If it really is those spots above and to the right of the the door handle, I would fill it with something (Plasti Dip? caulking?) and if not happy with off-the-shelf colors, you can take off the trim piece and take it to a paint store and they can match it for you and you can brush on some paint for a virtually perfect match (and touch up any other scratches in trim pieces).

Your trim piece is likely discolored from all the years of UV, so if you buy a new piece, it'll likely not match the other, UV-faded side. Given your willingness to pay full price to fix this small issue, I'm guessing the color mismatch might bug you, too.
Old 07-16-2020, 01:25 AM
Advanced

Yeah you guessed correct it will bug me i have severe OCD

Yeah it will bug me. I got one of those 3M viny/leather repair kits i tried matching it but it is very difficult to match lighter,darker etc. You get the idea we all have tried those kits in the past i don't wanna try it just yet. I did find the part with vintageautoparts incorporated however i would like to speak with a live person to ask if they could email me a photo of exactly what the part looks like i got the part number from one of the first repliers of this thread. But it is the same vague crap that the honda/acura oemparts websites and the like have they don't list any actual pictures just stick figure schematics I don't know let me see what they say on the phone today.