just wanted to know
Old 10-22-2002, 07:27 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dunno, but that body kit is gross :yack:
Old 10-22-2002, 07:31 PM
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How are you suppose to drive that thing?
Old 10-22-2002, 07:56 PM
Burning Brakes

Very carefully. Or you can push it from the shopping cart handle in the back
Old 10-22-2002, 08:08 PM
Purchased: April 28, 2001

I'm sure that's is mostly for show. Some people slam their ride as soon as they get on the showroom floor and raise it back up again before they leave. Although that kit might be questionable in taste, I do give that guy props for putting that much $$$ on such an average car like ours. One thing though...I could almost bet that he cant even open his trunk using the remote. :P
Old 10-22-2002, 08:12 PM
Banned

actually that car is from someone on this board.. also it has air suspension. do a search for fixedtl and you'll find it.
Old 10-22-2002, 09:16 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by SilverUA5
How are you suppose to drive that thing?
You dont, see the wing??? You have been cleared for take off.

Old 10-22-2002, 09:54 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by Beason

You dont, see the wing??? You have been cleared for take off.
lmfao
Old 10-22-2002, 10:29 PM
2011 SH-AWD 6MT

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts
This car has crossed the border to full blown riced out luxury. Pain job it hot, some of the ground effects and rims are but it is way to lowered.

And why have a wing on a FWD car?
Old 10-22-2002, 11:18 PM
Peach Tea

Originally posted by ABDomega
Pain job it hot, some of the ground effects and rims are but it is way to lowered.

And why have a wing on a FWD car?
um im sure the wing isnt for going fast, its a show car, same with the suspension, you really thinks he drives like that?
why do people hate on this dudes car? there have been many other threads where everyone calls it rice. i think its original and looks hot
Old 10-22-2002, 11:23 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by badazzTL

why do people hate on this dudes car? there have been many other threads where everyone calls it rice. i think its original and looks hot
If it's done one a Civic, Accord or Prelude, it might look hot. But this is a TL. The whole car's image is distorted. :yack: Throwing money on cars doesn't necessary mean it'll look better. It takes tastes and class to make a TL looks good. Sometimes subtle things speak louder than tray-top wings and bulgy bodykits

Tatewaki
Old 10-22-2002, 11:30 PM
Peach Tea

Originally posted by Tatewaki

If it's done one a Civic, Accord or Prelude, it might look hot. But this is a TL. The whole car's image is distorted. :yack: Throwing money on cars doesn't necessary mean it'll look better. It takes tastes and class to make a TL looks good. Sometimes subtle things speak louder than tray-top wings and bulgy bodykits

Tatewaki
its soo not cool to talk about peoples car because you dont like it, ur not the one paying for it. Im not saying I would make my tl look like that but he should get mad props from you guys on being extreme and doing something noone has done before. he can't please everybody...
oh and BTW if you havent noticed our car is basically the same as an accord so why could an accord owner do it and not be made fun of
Old 10-22-2002, 11:36 PM
Burning Brakes

I'm not dissing his car, Just had to make that one comment. I think it looks hot, but taking off one or two things and maybe adding some other stuff it would look even better. Its all a matter of opinion.
Old 10-23-2002, 09:13 AM
...and then there was One

I'm not sure how old that picture is, but last I heard he is removing the WING. That, and the vents in the bodykit directly in front of the front wheels are about all I don't like. Other than that, it's tight. He's put work into it. And see that car shine? Meguir's, baby. :-D
Old 10-23-2002, 09:46 AM
Three Wheelin'

a little to aggressive for me...
if he shaved the door handles, then that would be pretty tight looking. other than the wing, looks good.
Old 10-23-2002, 10:33 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Lightbulb

hehe... LMAO.. I think it's hilarious that you guys actually think he drives like that....

He's either running coilovers or airbags as someone mentioned and he lowers it for show.. and raises it to drive.

I actually like the car.. looks hot. I'm not crazy about the wing... but if he's removing it as someone said... he'll have one hot ride.
Old 10-23-2002, 10:58 AM
Mr. Self Destruct

Originally posted by str8acura
actually that car is from someone on this board.. also it has air suspension. do a search for fixedtl and you'll find it.
Yes it's fixedTL's ride and yes he's riding on air and yes he wanted to swap the wing and maybe even change the kit.

http://www.acura-tl.com/forum/showth...hlight=fixedTL

http://www.acura-tl.com/forum/showth...hlight=fixedTL
Old 10-23-2002, 11:00 AM
Shogun Assassin

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by badazzTL
its soo not cool to talk about peoples car because you dont like it, ur not the one paying for it.
oh, get over it...everyone's entitled to their own opinions. If someone said my car was a piece of sh*t, so what?

BTW, I don't care at all for what has been done to that poor TL
Old 10-23-2002, 11:53 AM

Originally posted by fahoumh
oh, get over it...everyone's entitled to their own opinions.
I dunno, I'd have to agree with badazzTL on this one. Everyone seems to think its ok to bag on people ride, then hide behind the shield of "its a public forum...I can say what I like yata yata". True you can, as a matter a fact you dont' even have to be on a forum and bag on people's ride on a local meet for all I care. But the point of the matter is, although this is a public forum, the whole point of existence in the first place is to get all of us to know each other, interact, and help each other out. If you are going to critisize, do it positively. It totally annoys me to see negative posts that doesn't contribute anything. That to me is what defines "hatin".
Old 10-23-2002, 12:08 PM
Banned

personally... i think that tl looks hot as hell... i love the body kit and i love then fenders. the rims im not too crazy about... but still... its hot. in one of his posts he said he was redoing the whole kit except for the sides. mad props fixedTL. and one final note... HE IS RIDING ON AIR.... that means he can make the car go up and down and side to side and etc.
Old 10-23-2002, 02:50 PM
Shogun Assassin

Originally posted by edgalang
Everyone seems to think its ok to bag on people ride, then hide behind the shield of "its a public forum...I can say what I like yata yata".
who's hiding?

if you cannot take criticism, then you shouldn't post pictures in public forums
Old 10-23-2002, 03:09 PM

who's hiding?

if you cannot take criticism, then you shouldn't post pictures in public forums
It's called a metaphor. Either way, say what you want, I just find the behavior a little crass.
Old 10-23-2002, 03:45 PM
Shogun Assassin

It's called a metaphor. Either way, say what you want, I just find the behavior a little crass.
What's with the I agree that if you're going to critique's someone's car, you better have something to back up your opinions.

I think the whole "theme" of the car is inconsistent with the TL "image". I never cared for those kinds of body kits and it certainly does not belong on the TL. Wings that big belong only on cars like this, where they actually serve a purpose:

Old 10-23-2002, 05:29 PM
Race Director

Does anyone know what its waxed and polished with?? Meguiars or Zaino?
Old 10-23-2002, 05:32 PM
Race Director

http://www.onlineshowoff.com/index.a...ername=fixedtl HAS LOTS OF PIC OF HIS CAR ITS MADDDD HOTT!!
Old 10-23-2002, 06:15 PM
Burning Brakes

hes part of team Meguiars. So im guessing he uses Meguiars.
Old 10-23-2002, 07:08 PM

What's with the I agree that if you're going to critique's someone's car, you better have something to back up your opinions.
The represents the irritation and the lack of patience I have with people who automatically jump the gun and disregards sincerity. What ever happened to camaraderie? I probably dislike the kit as much as you do, but the last thing I would do is attack (whom ever it was that was bold enough to share the pic) and smash their ego, only for them to not come back and ever post again.

I would rather see pics of "riced" out TLs, then never be able to see any, because board members are too afraid to post anything.

My argument has nothing to do with defining what "rice" is, but more of the lines of how you represent yourself respectfully.

As I've always said...the difference between members and trolls is that members actually contributes something.

P.S.

Im cool with you So dont think that I'm upset. It's just that there are too many useless members here that do nothing but post :yack: type remarks.
Old 10-23-2002, 08:52 PM
Peach Tea

exactly, I like seeing pics of TLs that are different, not the same ones all the time. If I want to see a mostly stock TL I'll go out and look in my driveway
Old 10-23-2002, 10:11 PM
Shogun Assassin

P.S.

Im cool with you So dont think that I'm upset. It's just that there are too many useless members here that do nothing but post :yack: type remarks.
It's not just here....there are trolls on every forum...some are amusing and others are well....

I just can't stand people who post those "what do you think of my car" threads and call someone a hater simply because he/she said something negative about their car

EDIT: on AW, fixedtl said "well doesn't really matter what peeps say bout my car, i did up the car da way i like it so to every one that complimented dankx n to those how dis it o well too bad it doesn't bother me."

I gotta give props to him for taking all the negative comments with the positive like a man.

The other day, I told my friend that I'm planning on doing a JDM conversion and he asked me why. I said because I felt like it and he said it was a waste of money. I shrugged my shoulders and said, "whatever".