anyone have this problem with their navi?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2000, 10:56 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post anyone have this problem with their navi?

Anyone noticed that when using the navi that the acura symbol (you) is not pointing the correct direction? like your going down a straight road and the pointer thing is pointing some direction other than straight? i have corrected it several times by stopping the car and used the location correction adjustment. afterwords it seems to work fine but then ultimatly ill end up making the same adjustment again. i was thinking maby a magnetic field was causing the problem but i don't have a sub box in the trunk and i dont know where the compass sensor is located. maby its just sticking when its cold. any ideas?

------------------
formerly 98 prelude type SH

Currently 2001 Acura 3.2 TL With Navigation Black/Ebony
Old 12-24-2000, 02:37 PM
Burning Brakes

I have that problem too. But i think it is because of my mirror tint.
Old 12-24-2000, 04:04 PM
Intermediate

Cool

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by preludeshfan:
Anyone noticed that when using the navi that the acura symbol (you) is not pointing the correct direction? like your going down a straight road and the pointer thing is pointing some direction other than straight? i have corrected it several times by stopping the car and used the location correction adjustment. afterwords it seems to work fine but then ultimatly ill end up making the same adjustment again. i was thinking maby a magnetic field was causing the problem but i don't have a sub box in the trunk and i dont know where the compass sensor is located. maby its just sticking when its cold. any ideas?
</font>
not sure if this is the problem, but if u hit the > symbol on the top right of ur screen the direction of the acura symbol changes.
Old 12-26-2000, 06:18 PM

Arrow

The next time you have this problem, try driving down a nice straight highway for a few minutes and see if the problem goes away.

I believe that the "baseline" calculation of direction is computed from the GPS by averaging multiple positions over time and computing the direction between them.

Quick changes in direction (i.e. turning a corner) are handled by gyroscope.

I have seen my system seem to "self correct" when it appears that the gyroscope have produced a direction indication that is inconsistent with the GPS.

[This message has been edited by tltl (edited December 26, 2000).]
Old 12-26-2000, 11:39 PM
Racer

I think if you have the "north pointer" pointed north all the time, the acura symbol, which is your current location and heading will point to whatever direction you're driving. If you have it set up where the map rotates then the acura symbol should not be turning. I don't think I have the problem you're having.