Any TL-S owners with dogs have seat covers?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2003, 10:04 PM
Liquid Ice

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts
Any TL-S owners with dogs have seat covers?

Any members who are dog owners and allow their dogs into the car have some sortof seat covers for the rear seats for their dogs?

I saw one where they'll custom fit it for your car, but they wanted $325! Was wondering if anyone knew of one that fits the TL-S and wouldn't cost so much!

The seat cover hooks onto the rear headrest or Child seat hooks and onto the front seat headrest, and protects the leather from the dog, but allows him to still lie down, or be seatbelted in ...

I plan on getting a dog soon but want to keep my leather looking nice! Thanks.
Old 06-03-2003, 10:21 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
seems like the obedience school ( did i spell it wrong?? ) is more important than covering the leather...

I have seen dogs that will just sit there and wait until owners order them to move... so no damage whatsoever...

whereras some other dogs just lick windows, jump up and down, play with your windows switch, scratching center console..... too much to list. I don't think the $325 kit will cover everything in the car for you.

PS. I use to have a very naughty / hyper active dog, but it dares do anything in my car, cuz... one time my dad got cut off and slam the brakes n my poor toy size dog literally Flew from the back seat to the front foot area(passenger side). ever since then, as soon as she hear the engine starts, she sits and secure herself... Nope, I'm not promoting you doing the same to your puppy, but for the sake of your leather interior......
Old 06-03-2003, 10:25 PM
Liquid Ice

hahah ... I'm just worried because I'm planning on gettin a boxer, which is a pretty big dog (60-80 lbs), and even if the dog sits still its nails are gonna push into the leather and probably cause damage ... A seat cover is the best thing, but one that allows for the seatbelts to still be utilized would be even better because I could then strap the dog into a seatbelt harness which would prevent him from going flying, if I had to slam on the brakes, like yours did
Old 06-03-2003, 10:26 PM
8th Gear

I have a dog and there's no way I'm letting her in my car. Even if you have a seat cover to protect the leather, you're going to have to deal with dog hair, dog puke, nose marks all over the windows, interior scratches from their paws after getting excited and wanting to be the first one out of the car, etc...
If we take the dog, she goes with us in my wifes Suburban... It's already got crap everywhere from the kids.
Old 06-03-2003, 10:26 PM
Pro

Received 74 Likes on 41 Posts
Try LLBean, they carry several products, though not custom fitted.
Old 06-03-2003, 10:28 PM
Liquid Ice

Originally posted by kcroberge
Try LLBean, they carry several products, though not custom fitted.
Thanks!

Trojan Horse,

Yeah I wish I had a 2nd car for something like this. Unfortunately its just the TL-S!
Old 06-03-2003, 10:52 PM
Pro

Received 74 Likes on 41 Posts
You can also try this one:

http://www.caninecovers.com/

They seem to have several price ranges and types of covers.
Old 06-03-2003, 11:12 PM
16GS FSprt,03Max,12 335is

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by Trojan Horse
I have a dog and there's no way I'm letting her in my car. Even if you have a seat cover to protect the leather, you're going to have to deal with dog hair, dog puke, nose marks all over the windows, interior scratches from their paws after getting excited and wanting to be the first one out of the car, etc...
If we take the dog, she goes with us in my wifes Suburban... It's already got crap everywhere from the kids.
+1 I agree totally no pets allowed.
Old 06-04-2003, 02:31 AM
Pro

hahahahaha I just gotta laugh at the thought of a dog in a seat belt? How the hell are you going to get a dog to not fight that thing and claw the hell out of the car?

Unless you don't care about the car (which is your choice to make) NO DOGS ALLOWED! Not only will the interior get trashed, but the claw marks up and down the outside door everytime you come and go from the car will tear up the clearcoat in a few trips. Not only that, BUT ... Can't you smell that smell...

Can you tell I hate dogs? So don't take my advice for much... I just have no use for the slobbering mutts. I can feel the flames coming... So I do apologize in advance and admit that the decision is yours to make, and NOBODY like me should tell you how to adjust your priorities in life. I realize that there are lots of dog lovers out there.... I just happen to not be one. But since you are... just tell me to shut up!

How's that for going full circle?
Old 06-04-2003, 06:18 AM
Suzuka Master

I agree, I would say no pets. If the dog has to take a trip or go to the vet, I use my Jeep. No pets in the TLS!
Old 06-04-2003, 10:12 AM
Instructor

I just provide another option, but it will be very bad for the boxer, put him in those portable cage and shut him in the trunk...
well fold the rear seat down so as least he sees you....

go buy a station wagon, or even a Civic hatchback..... for 4-5000, you can get one with no problem... oh, you can also buy a small pick up too.....

but you can also find a smaller size dog... I believed there's couple breed that looks kind of like Boxer with the square head... but in smaller size...