Any specific updates to 02TL Navi Discs?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 12:46 PM
Flyin' and Drivin'

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Any specific updates to 02TL Navi Discs?

Every time I take my car in for service I always get a new MDX tech package... (they know what I like, and I won't settle for anything else - I'm like their best customer! haha). I've absolutely fallen in love with the vehicle. The next purchase I make will be a new MDX, but as of right now my TL is doing jussssst fine. And it's paid for too!!!

But, every time I drive this MDX I just find things I love. The Navi is great with the tech package - I love the weather radar and traffic the most, plus the iPod integration. I do have the blitzsafe adapter on my TL, so I make do. One thing I love about the MDX is that you have the ability to change the map colors on the nav screen.

I currently have the nav disc from 2006, and I know there is a new update out. I'm curious if they added new features with the new disc, like being able to change the color of the map. I hate the beige and love the pure white during the day.

I've done some searching but I can't come up with much about the new nav update, so I was hoping someone can give me some feedback. I also just love the backup camera on the MDX, and it has three viewing angles you can choose which come in VERY helpful (especially the top down function, say when you are backing into a space). I haven't been paying too much attention to the forums or to anything related to TL's in quite some time, so I'm sure there are some new add-ons out there.

I'm interested if anyone can tell me the difference (if any) between the old disc I have, which I can't tell you what it is, I think it might be 2.40 or something. I currently have the MDX now. I do need to get the roads updated, but I'd love a software upgrade at the same time. Has there been any changes?

So - to make it easy... here's my two questions:

1. Does the new nav upgrade (from what I have 2.40 or something, circa 05/06) have any software upgrades or is it exactly the same just different roads?

2. Is there any decent back up camera's that I can add on and integrate into my nav system like the newer Acura models. Something plug and play would be amazing. I've got all the helms and electrical manuals, so I can figure out the wiring, I'm just not sure what's out there.

Thanks for the help y'all!
Old 11-28-2010, 07:00 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
for camera see diy threads- `doms nav 2 go` iirc is the name and it allows 3 video sources to be added to the nav screen--games- camera- etc

otherwise for 80 bucks get a wireless backup cam that mounts to the lic plate frame and mount display to dash

here is the nav disc info- each version shows what cities were updated when
http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/INT.../Default-Start
the system is set up so different car model, year, versions/disc color and release dont interchange--no mdx orange to 02 TL black ..that anyone knows of

No new software in a long time--we got left behind as the new cars got the cooler stuff
Want an mdx nav,,, buy an mdx~