Any problems on INDIGLO GAUGE??

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2002, 03:30 PM
BlingBling INSPIRE 32V

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Any problems on INDIGLO GAUGE??

For those of you who received indiglo gauge from NATE (our 50 members ), don't you guys have any problems what so ever?
I've heard Stevebo having little trouble with his gauge. And I've noticed something with my gauge.
Today I turned my engine on, and noticed that gas/temp needles weren't moving. I've looked closily and found out that the gauge face was touching the needle. The other 2 were fine. I though I attached it properly but guess not. So I took it out and done it again. No working either. Took it out again, and put more tape around the needle, and now is OK.
Folks, any problems on yours????
Old 02-27-2002, 03:34 PM
BlingBling INSPIRE 32V

But I really like my gauge!!! :toothless:
Old 02-27-2002, 03:39 PM
Sticky Rice OwnZ joO

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My speedometer is acting a bit funny..

it's getting stuck at 80 even when I'm going 90 :wow:

I think it is because I pushed the needle in too much when installing them..

I'll fix one of these days..

but I think that was my fault.. other than that no problems to speak of..
Old 02-27-2002, 06:43 PM
BlingBling INSPIRE 32V

Originally posted by Edub-TL
My speedometer is acting a bit funny..

it's getting stuck at 80 even when I'm going 90 :wow:

Hey Eric, I think your gauge tell you not to go over 80 then.
Anyways, I am glad you don't have any problem beside that.
Good for you.
Old 02-27-2002, 07:13 PM
Racer

How you take apart the dash is what I want to know...
Old 02-27-2002, 07:16 PM
BlingBling INSPIRE 32V

Tim has a nice instruction for it.
http://www.acura-tl.com/faq.htm#8c
Old 02-27-2002, 08:00 PM
Three Wheelin'

Great pics Songoku! :wow: Now I only wish they made they for the 99 TLs
Old 02-27-2002, 08:04 PM
Advanced

Lightbulb

y don't u sell me ur burlwood steering wheel songoku???
Old 02-27-2002, 09:07 PM
Instructor

Afetr having put my guages in and out a couple times I have concluded that it is critical that you use the double sided tape near the center of the guage. The double sided tape is some extremely sticky stuff. My plan on my next install is to use as little as I can around the outside and use more tape near the center.

I am still having a problem with the guages resetting to blue numbers with no idiglo no matter what configuaration I left them in. I am hoping for better with the silver guages.

I would buy them again, I think they look great.
Old 02-27-2002, 09:25 PM
BlingBling INSPIRE 32V

Originally posted by patrick
Great pics Songoku! :wow: Now I only wish they made they for the 99 TLs
Thanks Patrick!!
Originally posted by [TL]Ridah
y don't u sell me ur burlwood steering wheel songoku???
Nah~~ I will keep mine. Get it from Tim.
Originally posted by stevebo
Afetr having put my guages in and out a couple times I have concluded that it is critical that you use the double sided tape near the center of the guage. The double sided tape is some extremely sticky stuff. My plan on my next install is to use as little as I can around the outside and use more tape near the center.
I did put tape around the needles. It actually worked at the first time. But after few hours, it started touching the needle again.
Old 02-27-2002, 10:54 PM
Three Wheelin'

I've had ALL sorts of problems with needles sticking. At first, my speedometer wouldn't move. Then my oil temp gauge would get stuck. After fiddling with it and added more tape, I think I got those two problems fixed. My speedo would still sometimes get stuck around 60, but at least it's moving. My oil temp gauge sometimes won't go up to where I know it should go up to when the car is warmed up. Now, I noticed my fuel needle is acting funny. But hey, that's what the low fuel warning is for, eh?

Anyways, the only needle that I didn't have a problem with is my tachometer. For that gauge, I took out the innermost strip of double-sided tape. It looks like a "C" when you take it out and stuck it close to the middle. So I think I will agree with stevebo on this one. It's absolutely imperative that you put enough tape near the middle. However, don't go overboard with it.

Also, I don't know if temperature affects these gauges at all. Do they get hot after you run them for a while? I took a 2 hour trip and I decided to turn the backlight on for the entire trip. After I stopped and turned off the car, my fuel and oil temp needles won't go all the way down.

Oh well. I'll take it as lessons learned when the silver gauges come. It's too cold and I'm too lazy to go tear the dash apart again.
Old 02-28-2002, 02:02 AM
Advanced

my temp needle won't go down all the way and sometime get stuck 2. if i turn off my radio and listen carefully i can hear a high pitch sound coming out of the black box, it's happen when the color where each line light up. i don't know if this happen to anybody else. but can some one try it and let me know, i don't want to be alone
Old 02-28-2002, 08:47 AM
Racer

I don't have one but I have lots of friend who have Indeglo gauge on their accords...etc... they said it'll bend or something due to the heat... therefore, double sided tape is not enough.. they use other things like crazy glue or something... and they won't be able to take it off later...
Old 02-28-2002, 09:01 AM
Instructor

I had to laugh at all of these posts. Mostly to see that others have a few glitches too. I wonder if rubber cement would work? Or RTV? Something flexable, sticky, but could be removed without too much trouble. One thing would work pretty well but may not be removable is that 3M spray glue from an arosol can. I think it is called M-77.

One other issue that I have is that everytime i remove the dash I have to scrape it along the plastic behind the stearing wheel. I am talking about the plastic cover behind the wheel and on top of the stearing collum. Even when I tilt the wheel down as far as it will go it is still a pretty tight fit. I am getting a series of fine small scratches in this plastic cover. Anyone have a trick for this?
Old 02-28-2002, 11:31 AM
BlingBling INSPIRE 32V

One other issue that I have is that everytime i remove the dash I have to scrape it along the plastic behind the stearing wheel. I am talking about the plastic cover behind the wheel and on top of the stearing collum. Even when I tilt the wheel down as far as it will go it is still a pretty tight fit. I am getting a series of fine small scratches in this plastic cover. Anyone have a trick for this?
I know what you mean, steve. I have same problem, too. The instrument panel won't come out easily because of those steering column covers. Why don't you take those steering column cover out before you take the dash cover out. You just have to take out 4 screws underneath it. I am sure it'll be easier.
Old 02-28-2002, 11:45 AM
BlingBling INSPIRE 32V

Do you know what I did guys??
I finally decided to take an action because I've got so frustrated because of not working gas/temp needles.
Last night, I took the gauge out again (3rd times ) and took a look at it closily and noticed that the needles are barely on the surface. (I guess I bent it too much when I installed the gauge. ) I realized that I can't really work on the gauge itself(trust me...I've done bunch of tape thing..and didn't work). So I took my razor blade and cut the little piece from the bottom of the needles. I've cut so little piece that is not really noticable. (Please keep in mind that you're cutting the area where the needle is touching the gauge surface. Do NOT put too much pressure because those are very weak. Take your time....)
Now, my needles are working perfectly. I am sure I don't have to mess up with my gauge anymore.(hopefully...:p )

Try this if you guy sick of getting stuck with the needls.
Old 02-28-2002, 01:09 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by songoku
Do you know what I did guys??
I finally decided to take an action because I've got so frustrated because of not working gas/temp needles.
Last night, I took the gauge out again (3rd times ) and took a look at it closily and noticed that the needles are barely on the surface. (I guess I bent it too much when I installed the gauge. ) I realized that I can't really work on the gauge itself(trust me...I've done bunch of tape thing..and didn't work). So I took my razor blade and cut the little piece from the bottom of the needles. I've cut so little piece that is not really noticable. (Please keep in mind that you're cutting the area where the needle is touching the gauge surface. Do NOT put too much pressure because those are very weak. Take your time....)
Now, my needles are working perfectly. I am sure I don't have to mess up with my gauge anymore.(hopefully...:p )

Try this if you guy sick of getting stuck with the needls.

I did the same thing on one of my guages the other day! I trimmed one needle on BOTH sides of the needle base. After working with one sticky needle I realized that the needle was geting hung up on the back side of the needle. Do you know what I mean?
Old 02-28-2002, 01:11 PM
Sticky Rice OwnZ joO

I'm pretty sure you can take it off first before taking apart your gauges.. I'll have to try it when I take my gauges out tonight to try and fix them..

I didn't scratch mine at all taking it out, but when i put it back in, i put a small scratch on it..
Old 02-28-2002, 01:24 PM
BlingBling INSPIRE 32V

Both sides of needle base, huh?? Mine was just one side (towards inner).
Old 02-28-2002, 11:59 PM
Racer

i have the same problem too. If i go over 65 my needle will get stuck. After i press the brake and slow down my needle drop very fast then if i go faster my needle stuck and go up so slowly. My fuel needle and temp also have the problem. I think i will fix this weekend. Can't bare see my needle doing that. I can't make my gauges turn like sungoku did. I press two of the buttons and none of them glow just thenumber only. It just glow the whole blue? can anyone help me on that?
Old 03-01-2002, 09:25 AM
Instructor

Originally posted by calvinpham74
i have the same problem too. If i go over 65 my needle will get stuck. After i press the brake and slow down my needle drop very fast then if i go faster my needle stuck and go up so slowly. My fuel needle and temp also have the problem. I think i will fix this weekend. Can't bare see my needle doing that. I can't make my gauges turn like sungoku did. I press two of the buttons and none of them glow just thenumber only. It just glow the whole blue? can anyone help me on that?
Calvin,
As you mess with the buttons do you hold them down for a couple seconds? One turns on and off the indiglo and the other adjusts the brightness of the indiglo. If you mess with them I think that you will see the light... :-)

steve
Old 03-01-2002, 01:20 PM
BlingBling INSPIRE 32V

Originally posted by calvinpham74
I can't make my gauges turn like sungoku did. I press two of the buttons and none of them glow just thenumber only. It just glow the whole blue? can anyone help me on that?
OK Calvin, let me give you some advise.

We have two switches for the gauge. We have BLUE switch on the bottome and BLACK on the top. (this is just my setting, it can be up side down) BLUE button controls the indiglo(surface) and BLACK button controls the #'s. You have to press BLUE button to turn the indiglo on & off. However, you have to press & hold to turn on & off the #'s. Remember that you have to press & hold the black button to make #'s lite up unlike you press blue button again & again to switch on & off.
Old 03-12-2002, 11:11 PM
Sticky Rice OwnZ joO

Other than having the needle get touching the face of the gauge, have any of you bent your needles?

I think I may have possibly broke it. The needle doesn't move freely and it doesn't go back to zero like normal. It isn't touching the face at all. The needle base can be pulled and pushed very easily as well.

I only have this problem with the speedo needle.

Anyone know how to fix a "stuck" needle?

Do you think I'm screwed?
Old 03-13-2002, 12:07 PM
BlingBling INSPIRE 32V

Originally posted by Edub-TL
Other than having the needle get touching the face of the gauge, have any of you bent your needles?

I think I may have possibly broke it. The needle doesn't move freely and it doesn't go back to zero like normal. It isn't touching the face at all. The needle base can be pulled and pushed very easily as well.

I only have this problem with the speedo needle.

Anyone know how to fix a "stuck" needle?

Do you think I'm screwed?
Eric, I think you should take out the gauge cluster again and play some game with that. When I had a needle stucking problem, I gently pulled the needle out. Just make sure not to put too much pressure on it. Pull it out and push it back on. Try this couple of times. Just make sure not to put too much pressure. I've used small screw driver for it. Just stick it between the needle & gauge face and give it a little turn.
Good luck man and let us know how it turns out.
Old 03-13-2002, 12:57 PM
Racer

Yeah God speed....

Let us know...
Old 03-13-2002, 05:23 PM
Instructor

I have a huge problem with our gauges---

THE SILVER ONES ARE NOT HERE AND NATE NOR ANYONE ELSE HAS SAID A WORD ABOUT THEM. I GUESS WE ARE JUST SUPPOSED TO SETTLE FOR THE WHITE AND THATS IT.

So answer this question-If you ordered your TL and the color you pickes was blue, but when it arrived and you went to pick it up it was green-wouldn't you be a little upset?????????????

All i want is the silver gauges I orderd-can anyone give me an update.

Nate-last thing you said was early March-well it's mid-march. so whats going on???????????
Old 03-14-2002, 06:00 PM
BlingBling INSPIRE 32V

Originally posted by rbrown55
So answer this question-If you ordered your TL and the color you pickes was blue, but when it arrived and you went to pick it up it was green-wouldn't you be a little upset?????????????
Ordered blue TL and p/u Green TL??? Yeah, that sounds no good! But we've at least got the green TL, though. :p
Old 03-14-2002, 07:59 PM
Banned

You guys got ripped off!!

This guage looks suck!
Old 03-14-2002, 08:09 PM
Advanced

Hrmm..not that I am jealous ...but I do recall saying that the needles might be an issues. In any case, if they had it for the 99TL...I would probably do it. Ohwell...

Bryant Fong
Old 03-15-2002, 05:00 AM
The New 3 Series Coupe

Originally posted by hchhon
You guys got ripped off!!

This guage looks suck!
ALRITE, NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOUR OPINION...
Old 03-15-2002, 12:47 PM
BlingBling INSPIRE 32V

Originally posted by Inspire

ALRITE, NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOUR OPINION...
You've got that right!!

hchhon
Old 04-01-2002, 10:12 AM
Racer

Has anyone installed their gauges on a TLS. I haven't installed mine yet for fear of problems. Does anyone have instructions or tips?

Thanx
Old 04-01-2002, 12:22 PM
BlingBling INSPIRE 32V

Originally posted by Big Ped
Has anyone installed their gauges on a TLS. I haven't installed mine yet for fear of problems. Does anyone have instructions or tips?

Thanx
The only problem I know is that VSA won't work.
And there is a problem on needle or something when you install your gauge. I remember someone said TLS gauge needles need some work done before installing indiglo gauge. Not really sure.