Any good dealerships in Toronto?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2000, 12:10 AM

Post Any good dealerships in Toronto?

After experiencing a rash of poor repair jobs, and bad customer service from three dealerships in the Toronto area. I am looking for a good dealership that has good mechanics, excellent customer service, and a friendly staff. Anyone recommend any dealerships? Here are the specific one's I have had problems with:

1-Acura2000: Bought my car there, they seem indifferent to having my car there for service. They are rude and obnoxious, especially when it comes to setting up an appointment. They didn't even follow up with me after I bought my car and paid cash to see if I am happy with it.

2-Acura North Toronto: Took my car for service there, thinking it would be different. They are more friendly, but highly unreliable, botching even basic alignment jobs, and fixing rattles. Their service advisors also don't seem to be on the ball, and frequently ignore items that I mention needing attention and being on their list, saying "we forogot to that". When I also book a loaner car, the last two times they didn't have one, even though I had booked one, and had to waste 1 hour renting from enterprise.

3-Downtown Acura. Went there today to speak to an advisor, check out their facilities and arrange for an appointment. The service advisor was not only obnoxious, and arrogant, but all in all very rude, and condescending. After mentioning the problems, and the TSB's for those items. He said flatly that there is no TSB's for the TL, and that I am wrong. The thing that really bugged me was my seat that squeeks. I mentioned it to him, and he said that maybe I shouldn't lower it to the lowest position, that that would solve the problem instead of trying to actually resolve the issue. You should have been there to see the way this guy was talking to me. If knocking someone wasn't illegal, I would have punched the guy in the mouth. Suffice it to say that every other person in that place was looking at him like he was on drugs or something.

Please let me know what you think of Terrace Acura. That is the last place that I can think of.
Old 11-28-2000, 10:36 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sherway Acura is pretty good. I have bought 3 TLs for my company from Tony Primerano and I have dealt with Jeff in service. No complaints. There at 2000 Queensway just off 427

Phone: 416-620-1987
Old 11-28-2000, 11:46 PM
Three Wheelin'

yeah, i go to sherway acura all the time. pretty good.

i also thought acura 2000 was alright, but didnt have anything major done there
Old 11-29-2000, 10:53 AM

GodzillaTL,

What's the name of the service person
at Downtown Acura? I service my car
there and want to know who to avoid.
Old 11-29-2000, 12:24 PM
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Angry

Downtown Acura SUX big time!!!

I think North Toronto ain't that good either... At least their sales dept. was pretty F up.

If you go to Downtown Acura, make sure that you avoid the guy Robert Obront!!

I think Alan is okay... but just don't go to Downtown Acura for service in General...

I still have one free oil change there... so, in the mean time, I will still be going to Downtown Acura for service. After that, I think I will go else where...
Old 11-29-2000, 04:09 PM
Instructor

Personally i think Downtown Acura is far better than North Toronto. Well, service manager Steve in Downtown acura has some attitude problem, but he gets the job done on my car so i am fine with him. Alen seems to be the niceset there. If you want a lonar don't talk to Steve about it... cuz he will never give you one onless your engin is busted or something... talk to Alen.Service experience there is ok for me.
Old 11-29-2000, 06:17 PM
Intermediate

Smile

i got mine from Sherway

don't go to erin mills acura, they are a bunch of bastards

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by Rudebwoy on 11-29-2000 @ ]</font>
Old 11-29-2000, 07:33 PM
4th Gear

I got my squeaking seat fixed @ Acura of North Toronto. But that took my three visits in order to got that fixed. First time I went there, they don't have the parts. Second time I went there, they ordered the WRONG parts, and they were trying to blame Acura for shipping the wrong parts to them. Then, they showed me the P.O., however, it has proven one thing only, the P.O. was correct and the part was correct, it just proved the personel who made the order is a pure dumb fuxk. Lastly, I got pissed and I told them explicitly, I wantedd to have that fixed in my last visit. And those dumb fxck finally fixed it in my third visit.

The problem is the bottom plastic part of the driver seat rubbing the bottom part of the seat belt assembly. It would only squeak when the seat is at the lowest position. Those dumb fxxk there were trying to apply a HUGE amount of grease to try to get rid of that squeaking sound in my first visit, and I order them to stop. (I will imagine that mechanics will carry a box of toothpaste to heal his bad mouth breathe, just a plain dumb fuxk). And that led to my second and third visit.

No matter where you go, until you have a lot of patience, or you wanna give somebody shit, then you can go there.

The whole sales and service dept. are just filled up with stupid dumba$$. God bless them.

------------------
99 TL with a SQUEAKING driver seat
Old 11-29-2000, 11:04 PM

I would not bring it Terrace Gate for
service from all the stories i heard.

check out the awards from the Acura site.
This should give you some idea which
dealers are #1
http://english.acuracanada.ca/atacur...e_allstars.asp

Old 11-30-2000, 02:39 AM

MegaCity_TL avoid the guy that SL1200MK4
mentioned at Downtown Acura: Robert Obront. The guy was a complete jackass. I told him I have a TL and he kept saying I had an Integra. He also didn't know f**k all about the TL, or any repair procedures, or tsbs. I asked the guy "I am having a problem with my transmission that in automatic it wouldn't shift into 1, is it a serious problem?" The guy rudely replied "I imagine they put the 1 there for something don't you think? But I am not going to bother with it, if you want it fixed come tomorrow and talk to my foreman." I don't know how he ever became a service advisor. Isn't it funny that Acura Of North Toronto, Acura 2000, Downtown Acura, and the other main ones in Toronto didn't make it to that award list.

Y2K_TL: I agree with you on Steve the manager for Downtown Acura. I spoke to him previously on the phone, and even that guy had attitude.

I would never take my car to Acura Of North Toronto again, it's like asking squeegee kids to fix your car's mechanics. Any dealership that can't fix a simple alignment issue, or ignores items on their service work order should be closed. It could be worse those. I use to have a Jeep that had a serious rattle problem. Took it to a Chrysler dealer to fix, but didn't get any good results. Then took it to another only to find out that the previous dealer had stuck toilet paper, and a t-shirt in my panel to make the squeeking stop.
Old 11-30-2000, 02:46 AM

UltraPon I also took my squeeking seat to Acura Of North Toronto to get it fixed. The first time I took it was a few months ago, and they mentioned that they had never heard of the problem. They said they sat in the seat and didn't hear a thing. The second time I took it, I showed the guy and he said they had a lot of complaints about it. When I went to get my car after repair, they hadn't done anything, the guy said that they forgot. The thrid time I took it, again they said that they didn't get a chance to look at it. The rattle in my door: first time, a clip from the door had fallen inside door. They put the clip back. The problem however wasn't resolved, second time they changed the door panel, and did such a poor job damaged the window, it now scratches against something when it goes up and down. What's worse is that the rattle is much worse.

Old 11-30-2000, 02:47 AM

What's wrong with Terrace Gate by the way. If they suck I am not going to give them my transmission and rattles to fix.
Old 11-30-2000, 03:02 AM
Instructor

I start to wonder is it like this to all the other brands? BMW, Benz, Lexus, Toyota.. etc? or only acura/honda machanics suck?

All the problems that were mentioned in previous posts were small problems, machanics can't even manage to fix. Like Godzilla's transmition problem i really start to wonder if there is ANY acura machanic that can get it fixed......
Old 11-30-2000, 03:14 AM

I say we write a letter, similar to a petition, from all the people who have had bad experiences and send it to Acura. I bet that will force them to get their act together. But I wouldn't hold my breath either. I filled out the survey from Acura twice. I notified them of problems with their dealerships, and asked them to call me. I never heard from them.
Old 11-30-2000, 03:51 AM

I checked on a search engine for any complaints about terrace gate since I am taking my car for service there tomorrow. Boy did I find a huge one. Check it out it's at http://www.acurasucks.com/M_Home.htm. Should I still take it there, and ask them if they would do a better job on my transmission or just take it to Sherway?
Old 11-30-2000, 11:17 PM

Wow I went to that acurasucks.com site and I was pretty suprised. The window shatters, cuts the kid AND the guy, and the mechanics laugh?

What kind of service is that? That's just ridiculous. I signed their petition and hope it does some good. Actually I think I'm going to Terrance Gate this weekend and I'll casually drop a word about that window shattering thing.

I don't think there are any "good" dealers in Toronto. Your best bet would be go to a highly rated body/auto shop and get it fixed there. It is the same, they order the parts from the same factory and the only difference is the type of people working on it. The only way this voids your warranty is if you use non-Acura/Honda parts.
Old 09-07-2004, 11:28 PM
Intermediate

My recommendation is Terrace Gate acura....The gen mgr . Dan Mc Queen is a great guy ....And the Service Manager Wolf ....is a car nut running a mercury Merkur with a cosworth 300+ HP engine ....Check the Toronto Star wheel section about three weeks ago ..A customer wrote in a raved about them as foo Acura 2000...I tried to Lease a car there years ago told them what I wanted they told me I couldn't get a buy back lease based on a certian amount a month over three years , I walked out and got a Mercedes ....I'm back with acua due to Terrace gate ...My first was a 1989 Ledgend coupe .....
Old 09-07-2004, 11:36 PM
Resident Troll.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the dealership in Markham is alright... they are kinda slow and dont really care about customer service... ive just given up on dealerships in toronto and get all my work done while im at school in london. the dealership out here is alot better i find and the people are at least willing to talk to you...
Old 09-08-2004, 12:39 AM
Flyin' and Drivin'

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Well of course i bought my car back home in Toronto, but it had all its service done at Sterne Acura.... I think that might be in Richmond Hill, or Aurora or some place up there. I always thought Downtown Acura was the place to go. But who the hell knows... I guess I wont find out till I move back up there this year.
Old 09-08-2004, 03:10 PM
Intermediate

A short drive away...

Depending on where you are, the best dealer I have found is Sterne Acura in Aurora. Great service, quick, and very comprehensive in their work.
15795 Yonge St.
Main Line: 416-324-3232
404 to Aurora Sideroad, then head over to Younge St. Or just head up Younge. I live in Richmond Hill and it's about 15-20min away.

Alternately, I have some experience with Acura on Main in Hamilton (210 Main St E - 905.528.7335) but none in a few years. They were always quite good. A bit far for me to go at this point.
Old 11-09-2011, 10:25 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Y2K_TL
Personally i think Downtown Acura is far better than North Toronto. Well, service manager Steve in Downtown acura has some attitude problem, but he gets the job done on my car so i am fine with him. Alen seems to be the niceset there. If you want a lonar don't talk to Steve about it... cuz he will never give you one onless your engin is busted or something... talk to Alen.Service experience there is ok for me.
The North Toronto dealership seems to have recently ran into an issue (read more: http://acuraofnorthtoronto.freecontentfeed.com/) with a customer where they attempted to deliver a showroom vehicle when the customer clearly specified that no showroom vehicles.