Another Tranmision is gone !!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 07:02 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Another Tranmision is gone !!!

My TL-p 02 with 92k miles has been showing some signs of slipage for the last few weeks ago .It will rev-up a few hundred RPM before shifting out of
3th gear only when engine is cold but it shifts fine and smooth when the engine is hot . Bring the car to Acura dealer the first time and do test drive with the service manager and he said nothing is wrong.

Extended Waranty expire in a month , so I decide to call another Dealer in here to have them do another test drive .And this time I leave the car overnight ...to make sure that I could duplicate the slipage ...and it works .The service manager order a new transmision and will change it next week........

My question is does Canada has the same Acura re-built transmi. like the U.S ? And do all the updates and fix (post Fev/2005 ) will be make in the
ones rebuit in Canada ?....
Old 01-19-2009, 07:13 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Should be the same trans.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:34 PM
Racer

Any precautions driving the new transmi. to break it in. And any sugestions for the futur maintenance on the new transmi.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:07 PM
I'm a thrill seeker in my

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
There's really nothing you can do to your driving to avoid a faulty transmission. Most people said that if it's going to go, it's going to go. Even preventative maintenance doesn't help much. Some have said that doing full transmission fluid flushes can be worse for the transmission than simply a drain and fill. Reason for this is the build up in the old fluid helps the tranny (usually a faulty one) remain intact longer, for lack of a better way of putting it.

Consider yourself very fortunate to have it replaced under warranty. With your new transmission, simply drive it as normal.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:45 PM
Keep It Simple in

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by acurabum
Any precautions driving the new transmi. to break it in. And any sugestions for the futur maintenance on the new transmi.
Like he always says
Originally Posted by 01tl4tl

Be easy the first 500 miles, test it out but dont beat it
next 500 miles more normal driving with some fun
Then ok to drive and enjoy

There are a lot of parts that need to mate by gently wearing into each other, you are not bedding hi performance brakes--its a transmission~

Note- Use the brakes to slow down and the trans to accellerate
Old 01-20-2009, 11:30 AM
Racer

Hope that Acura dealer will flush the A/T cooler lines , hoses lines and fittings as stated in the service bulletin before install the new transmision .
Do you think I should insist them to flush theses ?
What do you guys think ?