Another person with a Brake problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 04:24 PM
TLingggggggg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Another person with a Brake problem

Well, here we are again problems problems problems......I just dropped off my car at Paragon Acura to do my Brake Pads(all of them I suppose because I have some crappy aftermarket ones that the previous owner put in). Plus they will be resurfacing my rotors since the guy at the service department said the rotors have some hot spots on them(Clueless to what that means). The total is going to cost me 340 bucks, which I dont know if thats a rip off but then again its Acura so it probably is the standard price. What I cant understand is how I have a Brand new Master Cylinder plus I had it bled again at Acura and still the Brakes are soft in a semi mushy way.....I ve been searching through forums here and at other websites and came up with quite a few answers and now Im left clueless and the guy cannot guarantee me that the brakes will feel quite right after the brake pads and rotors are done. Well if anyone has or have had the same problems, join the club .....Any ideas? I ve done the basics of bleeding then replacing the master brake cylinder and then taking it to Acura to inspect and then rebleed again and there are no leaks and the fluid level is up to par.....so I guess this left the Car repair shop I went to first with a big What the fudge and also the Acura service department too.
Old 05-08-2006, 05:28 PM
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
The hoses could of been worn and expanded and as well the rotors are used and resurfaced meaning thinner. You probably could of done the brakes at Mavis or something for $150.

I never liked Paragon, they tried to screw me twice.
Old 05-08-2006, 05:51 PM
TLingggggggg

I 'll give them a call tomorrow morning to see if they can check the hoses also but the rest well its history since I already told them to do it. Which Acura around NY would you suggest? I was thinking of going to Rallye when I decided to have the initial checkup but I guess if anything I guess thats if there is a next time. Thanx for the response Bxscig
Old 05-09-2006, 04:18 PM
Instructor

First off, do you ahave an OEM master Cylinder? Correct fluid(dot 3 or dot 4)?I have always use oem honda/acura products and never had any problems associated with the repair.
Old 05-09-2006, 05:04 PM
TLingggggggg

Yes I believe I have the OEM Master Cylinder, well thats atleast what I told the mechanic to do and hopefully he put in the right fluid also. Well I did get my car back today from Paragon Acura and well 318 bux just to change the front pads which were some aftermarket one they said and resurfacing the front rotors, which the guy said had some hot spots(No clue what that mean). So Obviously yes I did get ripped off and it took forever to get the job done as usual and worst of it all, I still feels sort of the same so back to square one again but oh wells I think I give up and just will let the brakes be.