Another Great PAA Experience!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2004, 10:00 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Another Great PAA Experience!

Let me start from the beginning... Over the past three years, I have taken my Accord to PAA to get mods installed, one mod at a time. Each of these experiences was great and I was always treated with exceptional customer service. Last August I picked up a TL-S and started collecting a bunch of mods over the winter. I finally got around to scheduling an appointment to install headers/icebox/coilovers/sways. Yesterday morning I dropped my car off and Tom gave me the keys to a loaner that I thought I could only hope for, a Silver 04 TL. Wayne set my expectations up front and told me my car may have to stay overnight since they were swamped with work. Since I had the 04 I didn't mind. I did end up keeping the loaner till this evening, when I picked up my car.

Unfortunately, it was raining and the roads were very slick. So I didn't really punch it on the highway to feel all the benefits from the headers and intake. It still sounds extremely quiet as expected, with a slight increased growl the higher in the rev band you go. Now the suspension on the other hand was instantly noticeable. I can not believe how comfortable it feels being lowered so much. I asked them to set the coilovers to an H&R sport drop and I seem to have about a 1.5 finger gap in the front and 1 finger gap in the rear. Looking at it, I think it looks too slammed. I guess I'm used to my Comptech rake on the Accord, so I'll have to get the rear raise a little to reduce the sagging look. The sways also were felt during lane changes, providing a very even neutral feel with very little lean. By the time I got home the road had dried up so I took the exit ramp at a quick speed. I realize the tires are my weakest link right now as I can feel them folding over during a sharp turn.

I also took the car in for an annoying rattle coming from the passenger vent that I have had since day one. It is only noticeable on the highway going 60+. The faster you go the louder it gets. On very windy days it can be heard at slower speeds. Pete told me they cleaned the vent out but didn't find anything wrong and if I still have the rattle, one of the techs will go for a ride with me next time. I'll have to schedule another appointment because the noise is still there. Aside from this, I am extremely happy with another great PAA experience. The car rides great! Thank you Jens, Wayne, Tom, Pete and everyone else at PAA. If only all dealerships could offer the level of service and professionalism you guys give to customers.
Old 05-12-2004, 10:08 PM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
this sounds great!

Where/who is PAA though lol
Old 05-12-2004, 10:16 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Malayalee King
this sounds great!

Where/who is PAA though lol
Sorry for that.. PAA is short for Park Avenue Acura over in NJ.
Old 05-13-2004, 05:35 AM
Liquid Ice

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts
You're going to want to raise up the car more after the springs settle. When I got my coilovers installed (Tein SS), I had them put a 2" drop on the front/back. Thats a little more than Comptech but I think a little less than H&R Sport... maybe about the same.

Anyways, after a few weeks, the springs settled and the drop was really low on the rear (just a little bit of the top of the back tire was inside the wheel well), and the front had less than a finger gap...

So I ended up making it higher ... not a big deal. Its actually easy enough for you to do yourself, but then you'll probably want to get an alignment done... Also, do you have a camber kit? With a drop as low as the H&R Sport drop, I think you'd want to get one.

Congrats on all the mods! I've had the same mods as you for almost a year (except headers) and I love it!
Old 05-13-2004, 06:17 AM
Advanced

Thanks for the advice about Teins settling. I never notice any settling with the Comptechs, but it sounds like these do. Also, I thought an H&R Sport drop should be like a Comptech drop except that the rear is even with the front. So a camber kit shouldn't really be needed. The H&R Race springs on the otherhand would drop the car in the 2"+ range.