Aiming Foglights

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 08:00 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Aiming Foglights

I noticed that one of my foglights was way too low than the other so I raised it all the way up and it looked around right at first but now it looks way too high.

Is there a correct way to aim the foglights to a certain height or anything like headlights?
Old 11-11-2010, 08:25 PM
bringin lead

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
the legendary uncle jitty (that's cjitty to the less fortunate), has a method of waiting till night time and turning both heads and fogs on while car is level. there should be a visible space in front of the car with the fogs off before light starts (heads). fogs should take up that space (at a minimum) when on. stage two is to get in front of the car in the middle and do tha dip until you can see where the heads "line up" horizontally and dip a lil lower until you see the fog beams "line up." there should be a good 2 foot distance vertically at about 15-20 feet out. i'm telling you this as nothing more than a bystander when the master was perfecting his methods.

perhaps he will grace us with his presence and offer more details.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:32 PM
Racer

i searched online and they said to face a wall about 20 feet away and see where the head line up and then point the fogs like a feet below the heads but there are also a lot of people who have their own preference.

I want them to point out towards the side of the car instead of straight. Do I lower the aim to accomplish that?
Old 11-11-2010, 10:30 PM
Ackniculous One

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
itz ya boy uncle jitty here...ok, first of all there is no side (horizontal) adjustment for our fogs so you are SOL on that part.

as far as vertical aim, you are in luck of course. The fog beam "line" at close range on a garage door or wall is very easy to see. You can line up the two separate "lines" so they are even first. Then you can basically lay on your stomach and look up and down "like a bull seal bustin a nut" at the beams and make sure the brightest intensity of each fog light hits you at the same time. When parked about 10 ft from a wall, the beam lines of the headlights should be higher than the fogs. The fog pattern should be filling in the gap of dark space between your bumper and where the headlight pattern starts. I'm sure I went way deep on this but it makes sense to me and that's how ya boy uncle jitty handles his lights
Old 11-11-2010, 10:49 PM
Racer

I live in the city so its kind of hard for me to adjust them or even find space to adjust them without everyone looking at me.

I'll just adjust both of them all the way up for now so at least they will be even. It should be turn to the right to adjust up right?
Old 11-12-2010, 01:00 AM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
yes turn it clockwise to make it go up and counter clockwise to go down.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:51 AM
bringin lead

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by finalcross
I live in the city so its kind of hard for me to adjust them or even find space to adjust them without everyone looking at me.

I'll just adjust both of them all the way up for now so at least they will be even. It should be turn to the right to adjust up right?
negative ghost rider - you'll blind oncoming cars that way. i'd rather you adjust them DOWN instead.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:58 PM
Ackniculous One

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
NOOOOO!!!! They adjust pretty high and you will defeat the purpose of the fog lights job..and that is illuminating the sides and immediate front area of the car..i live in the city too..find a wall or parking garage wall..more walls in the city than the burbs