AHHHHH!!! I scratched my own car, what can I do now?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2002, 08:27 AM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry AHHHHH!!! I scratched my own car, what can I do now?

I'm driving to work, next thing I know some piece of junk or debris or a rock got flung right in front of me, I tried to dodge it but end up running it over with my front left wheel, kicking it up against the rocker pannel & lower part of both doors, while hearing a loud clang when it bounced off the car. When I later pulled over, the rocker pannel has a deep scratch, like a thick line, the rear door has a couple of thin scratches, and the front door has a whole bunch of thin scratches, all on the lower portion of the door. The scratch on the rocker panner is pretty deep, and the ones on the doors are deep enough that when I ran my nail over them, I can feel the scratch. The only saving grace is that the car is silver (and at the time dirty) so they don't really show that much, but once I wash the car I'm sure they will drive me crazy.

Does anyone know of anything I can use/do to lessen the damage, short of having everything sanded and repainted? Anyone have any success with any off the shelf "scratch removal" products? I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars to fix some stupid scratches I got on the road. As an alternate, anyone in Queens, NY know of a good detailing place that can maybe buff some of it down?

This will drive me crazy, especially since I usually take my old car to work on Fridays but decided to treat myself to the Acura today. AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-15-2002, 09:40 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check out this thread. You may be able to get some mileage out of touch up paint and 1500 grit sandpaper.

http://www.acura-tl.com/forum/showth...threadid=35987