Aftermarket CD Changer in Navigation TL

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2001 | 05:32 PM

I tried using a Alpine620 with a blitzsafe adapter that fit perfectly, but didn't work with the head unit. The installers at Circuit City in 2 NJ locations (Livingston and Wayne) as well as an installer at a 6th Avenue store have never installed one in a factory navigation unit. The installer at the Livingston Circuit City had never seen the inside of an Acura TL.

Old 03-17-2001 | 09:49 PM

Talking

contact streeteffectz (ron) who does work in iselin. my friend had a similar problem playing burned CD's and he got them to replace the head unit and now everything works
Old 03-17-2001 | 11:11 PM

this is true. Bose headunits have problems with burned cds. I have seen this happen on numerous TL's. Some are ok and some have problems. I had the dealer replace mine once i proved to him they would lay on any other bose headunit in another TL or CL. We popped it into a car on the lot and bam...it played fine. I contacted bose and they said that there headunits are not designed to ply cdr discs....what kind of BS is that?

Anyway, enough rambling. Go back to the dealer and show them this. You commercial cds play fine right? I know mine did...just cdrs had the prob

------------------
-------------------------
2000 Satin Silver 3.2 TL w/ Navi
http://andrew.icanasp.com
  • 18'' Konig Tantrums w/ 225/40 Yokohama Parada Asymmetric
  • Comptech Springs (on order)
  • AEM Cold Intake (on order)
  • Comptech Exhaust (on order)
  • Deluxe Video Navi Kit (in my near future)
Keep smiling...the world loves morons
Old 03-17-2001 | 11:35 PM

Post Aftermarket CD Changer in Navigation TL

Anyone have one installed aftermarket in a 2000 TL Navigation. I know Alpine 6 CD changers are compatible along with an interface connector, but have read about incompatibilities with Nav units. I'm trying to have one installed because my factory Bose system has major trouble playing burned CDs that seem to work in every other car and home CD player that i've tried.