Aftermarket Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 08:08 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aftermarket Bluetooth

I want to install in my TL hardwired Bluetooth. You know, one of these available on the market; Parrot, Sony, Motorola. Have anybody done that? How hard it is to connect it to audio system, especially with NAVI? Any advice is appreciated.
Old 11-19-2005, 07:36 PM
Instructor

i know a friend of mine tried to do that in his 01 tl, but didnt work
Old 11-20-2005, 11:11 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by JetBlackAC
i know a friend of mine tried to do that in his 01 tl, but didnt work
Thanks for reply.
Do you know what was the problem? As I started to investigate, I found (was told) that to mute stereo I have to hook-up Bluetooth to Bose system. Apparently, this is not possible (?) due to the fact that in Bose every speaker has own amplifier (?). Any information on that from your friend?
Old 11-26-2005, 01:26 PM
2k TL

what can you do with bluetooth in the car? use your phone with it?
Old 11-26-2005, 02:32 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Nyses
what can you do with bluetooth in the car? use your phone with it?
I've got 2 cell phones with bluetooth coonction each. If I install bluetooth kit in my car, I can use my phones completely hands free. This way I would use microphone from the kit, and the sound would come thru my stereo muting radio, etc.
Old 11-27-2005, 02:18 AM
The penguins are crazy

yes it is possible, just dont do it yourself. expect about $150-200 in labor at least, plus any extra if they have to connect through factory amps, especially if the amps are in the back of the car. the parrot is a great piece, pairs with up to 3 phones if memory is correct...
Old 11-27-2005, 10:13 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by mlionel
Thanks for reply.
Do you know what was the problem? As I started to investigate, I found (was told) that to mute stereo I have to hook-up Bluetooth to Bose system. Apparently, this is not possible (?) due to the fact that in Bose every speaker has own amplifier (?).
The Parrot is a great product. But a bit expensive and not so installer friendly. I would not recommend it unless you really must have it. The Parrot uses a very "pish-posh" relay system to mute and pipe it's low voltage signal into your amplifier. The TL's amplifier is inside the deck.

I would recommend either the Motorola or Nokia Bluetooth kits. Both are very simple and work very well. Also pretty easy to install. You could probably do it yourself.

If you would like to install the kit yourself, let me know. I can give you the wire colors.
Old 02-13-2006, 11:48 AM
1st Gear

Bluetooth Kit install question

I was ready the forum and you mentioned that you know color codes for the wires to connect Bluettooth Handsfree Kit. I have purchased a HF1000 and will try to hoop it up to 2003 TL-S. How hard is it to remove the radio and is there a mute lead on this radio.

Thanks
Old 02-13-2006, 01:06 PM
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
I had HF1000 installed in my TL by pro. Because we have Bose system that has every speaker with amplifier, you cannot mute stereo. What was done in my car was that as phone call come, or I wold place a call, it would shot the stereo completely, and it would restart itself 3-5 seconds later after phone call is finished.
Old 02-13-2006, 03:43 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by uncald4
The Parrot is a great product. But a bit expensive and not so installer friendly. I would not recommend it unless you really must have it. The Parrot uses a very "pish-posh" relay system to mute and pipe it's low voltage signal into your amplifier. The TL's amplifier is inside the deck.

I would recommend either the Motorola or Nokia Bluetooth kits. Both are very simple and work very well. Also pretty easy to install. You could probably do it yourself.

If you would like to install the kit yourself, let me know. I can give you the wire colors.
Can you give me the DIY to install it? And which brand, model # would you suggest? Thank you.
Old 01-28-2007, 07:43 AM
Cruisin'

Here is a TL solution for the Parrot bluetooth handsfree kits that mutes the stereo and is plug and play - see the QCHBB-HA interface here: www.parrotkits.com
Old 01-28-2007, 08:34 AM
Registered Charity

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I priced having a stereo/phone installer install a blue tooth kit that would function properly and they wanted $450 to do it. I went out and bought a $50 visor speaker from Motorola instead. It works very well, clips to the visor. You touch a button to place a call. I just turn down the stereo from the steering wheel or turn it off when I'm using the cell phone. I realize you want something to integrate with the existing stereo, so my response isn't an answer to that, but it's another option.