After 9 days, Dealer finally fixed my car

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2001, 08:45 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After 9 days, Dealer finally fixed my car

Several months ago when I first bought my car, I asked everyone here about a "bump" felt during hard acceleration from a full stop.
Some said it was likely the TCS kicking in, and most just didn't know... well, i opted to believe that it was simply the TCS... until I had the opportunity to drive a friends '99 TL, and his didn't do it at all... so I went to the dealer... this is where the 9 days comes in of BS comes in...

Dealer sees my car lowered on comptech springs, goes for a drive, feels the problem, and automatically blames the problem on the suspension even after I told them that "bump" was there prior to lowering the car. for 5 days, they torqued suspension bolts... at first I offered to give them my stock springs to try out and find that the car would have the same syptom, and they denied my offer... on the 5th day, they asked for my springs, and sure enough, the felt the same symptom. All week I asked them to check engine mounts, tranny mounts, etc... they insisted it was a suspension problem. After installing my stock springs, they finally agreed to diagnose the mounts... and sure enough, they found a broken engine mount, and fixed the "bump" after replacing it.

Do you guys find yourselves "type-cast" when dealers see your suspension and engine mods? that they seem to blame your mods for the problem before they actually look for what's really causing it???

Sorry for the long post... needed to vent, but i'm sooooo happy to have my car back...

Thanks everyone!!!
Old 07-31-2001, 08:59 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My dealer does the same thing....ummm, no the rattling in the sunroof has nothing to do with AEM CAI! Sometimes I feel like i should do a fox 5 undercover type news story to show corporate acura how idiotic they re-act to issues sometimes.
Old 07-31-2001, 09:06 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no kidding! maybe if someone thought it was a big enough issue, that some tv news magazine would do a story on it... I would say it's a big enough issue since 95% of ppl here do mods on their TLs... who knows.... maybe someday...