AEM pulley

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2002, 01:52 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AEM pulley

hi guys, i was told by my friend that install pulley will sometimes make all the lights a little bit dimmer than before. is that true??? what's the pros & cons for the pulley? &, why the pulley kit is not selling on this website? so, how much is the pulley kit & installation?
Old 03-10-2002, 02:18 PM
Retired MOD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: AEM pulley

I had them on my car, IMO not worth it. I did my own installation, but it was kind of a pain. Make sure you get the right tools, if you plan to do it yourself. It should be around $100-$150 for a professional installation. I didn't notice the lights dimming. You could get them at www.autocarparts.com. It felt like they gain a little more torque, but I don't know for $150 price tag and $150 for installation.

Originally posted by GO-typeS
hi guys, i was told by my friend that install pulley will sometimes make all the lights a little bit dimmer than before. is that true??? what's the pros & cons for the pulley? &, why the pulley kit is not selling on this website? so, how much is the pulley kit & installation?
Old 03-10-2002, 02:27 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i did them in my friend prelude....the light do dim a little but once your hit the gas they get right back up, when your driving you wont have anyproblem or will you notice anything with the dimmer lights, i think their mainly for look and stuff so you shouldnt expect performance agains...just becafeful not to touch the main crank pully i heard they have a built in harmonic dampner and by changin it out you can mess up your bearings....big no no...but aside from that it makes your car look great!!!