Acura TLC experience

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2001, 07:53 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Acura TLC experience

Well I've had my "S" all of 3 days now and had to take advantage of the TLC benefit already. I owned a Lexus previously and never called it once so I was skeptical of it's value. Not anymore! On Sat. evening I wanted to clean the car b4 going in so as I'm wiping down the ebony interior with a damp cloth I inadvertently hit the lock button on the passenger side. I didn't think much of it at the time and shut the door when I was done. Big mistake! Huge! All 3 keys were in the car. I realized 2 things immediately, yes the passenger side switch will lock "all" the doors and "no" the master keys do not possess a chip inside that disallows them from being locked in the vehicle. Needless to say I felt like quite the idiot. My initial thought was that now I will not be able to even drive my car until at least Mon. when the dealership reopens. Now I was really pissed! Then I remembered the TLC program. So I call the 800# (located on drivers window in corner I noticed later) and I get put on hold for at least 20 min's due to "heavy call volume" and then my call gets dropped !!! I am NOT impressed. Fortunately, my car is home in my driveway what if I was broken down at night in an unsavory side of town with a weak cell phone battery? Oh well, I count my blessings and try again. This time I get thru after only about 5 min's. A nice enough gentleman takes the info. including the VIN# and says they will call back momentarily. They do so and inform me that a locksmith will be able to arrive w/in 40 min's. A few moments later the locksmith calls and informs me he is on his way. He arrives right on time and unlocks the car in about 3 min's. While he is doing so Acura calls back to see if the locksmith has arrived. Now I'm impressed. The whole episode took about 1 hr and I washed and dryed my car while I was waiting. I was very relieved things worked out so well after a rocky start initially. I can only imagine what the locksmith would have cost me for an after hrs weekend callout (Acura will cover up to $100 for this service). Thankfully my first experience with the TLC program was from the comfort of my own home. This could have been much more unpleasant in a different location and perhaps without convenient phone access. Score one for the TLC program.
Old 05-20-2001, 10:14 AM
Racer

That sounds great! I had a similar with my Integra about 4 years ago. TLC was great to work with and ensured I was satisfied.
Old 05-20-2001, 10:21 AM
Burning Brakes

When my TL-S was four days old, someone pulled the front bumper cap off while trying to jack the headlights. This happened in front of a restaurant in the pouring rain. TLC dispatched a flatbed which arrived in 15 minutes to tow the car back to the dealer. That's better service than I received from M-B which actually has their own dealer network of service vehicles. I too was very impressed with TLC.
Old 05-20-2001, 04:23 PM

Now you may want to keep the third key separate from the car