Acura Tl/TL-S in Denver = Flatirons Acura!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2002, 09:52 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acura Tl/TL-S in Denver = Flatirons Acura!

If anyone out there is looking for an Acura TL/TL-S in Colorado, then they should by all means go directly to Flatirons Acura and talk to Gary Preston (303-442-2544 or 888-257-9623). Gary is a super guy who is honest, forthright and very professional. I was directed to Flatirons Acura by MSN Carpoint. I sent the inquiry in on Friday and Gary promptly responded the next day with both an e-mail and a voice mail. When I called him back on Monday, I told him exactly what I wanted (bare bones TL-S, Black/Black). He ran the numbers for me and called me back in three minutes! After having done my own calculations beforehand, Gary's deal was indeed a good one.

If anyone here is familiar with Acura sales (there are only three dealers) here in Colorado the past 8 months or so, then you will know it is nearly impossible to drive one off the lot for anything less than MSRP. Hell, a great deal is $400 - $500 off MSRP! They just do not deal - yet!

There was no BS when dealing with Gary. He presented me with a very fair price over the phone and every charge or figure I asked him for he gave me without hesitation. (how's that for integrity and honesty?). All I had to do was drive up to Flatirons and 'do the deal', but that did not happen because of the following...

The only problem (a big one too) was that my wife (who is a Marketing Director and makes more money than me), went out during her lunch hour (she had already been talking to another Acura dealer in town) and 'surprised' me with a new Acura TL-S, Black/Black. She even qualified on her own even though she leases a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee! Since the paperwork was all in her name, I could not get the deal rescinded. She still got a an 'OK' deal, it was just about $900 off what Gary at Flatirons offered me with NO haggling (I would have haggled for some 'extras' though).
Old 01-28-2002, 10:06 AM
Instructor

Congratulations on the new car; You sound like you have one hell of a wife there. Hopefully you'll stick around the message forum and have plenty to contribute.

Lauderdale (its much warmer here), TL
Old 01-28-2002, 10:23 AM
Instructor

She indeed is one hell of a wife (even goes to the gym and throws around free weights with me!). One great looking lady too (5ft. 4in. 115 lbs). She gave up her career to 'follow me' to Denver. She knows I'll eventually be the sole 'bread winner' so taht is why she chose me over the career. Women like that are very,very hard to find.

As far as contributing around here is concerned I think I may have already pissed off a lot of people on this forum with some of my responses (I don't take it personal so I hope others don't as well). I am just a big fan of Japanese cars being a better (as far as value), cheaper alternative to German luxury cars (thank heavens Acura took the leap back in the late 80's!).

I know Ft. Lauderdale fairly well. I have relatives in Boca and Coral Springs. My wife and I are trying to get there to 'settle down'. After having lived in Orlando for 16 months (a little over a year ago) and us having been to South Florida many times, we really like Ft. Lauderdale. I know that the snob appeal down there precludes thousands of Acura sales that lose out to the German cars. Lol.
Old 01-28-2002, 10:49 PM
PAW
Instructor

Have to ask!

MB-telecom
I'll be in the market for a TL-S in a couple of months. When the wife gets back to work. Any way if you don't mind me asking, what were the final prices on the two deals? With or without tax & title so long your consistent on both. Oh! Who was the dealer you wife brought from.

You will like dealing with Flatirons for service. I'm able to get a loaner even when I bring in my '91 Legend just for an oil change. I've gotten decent to great loaners also. Good Integras, CL-S!!!. I even got to request a TL.

Have fun with the new car. I look forward to joining the TL family soon!