Acura Paint

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2001, 09:27 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Acura Paint

Has anyone else noticed that the dark colored paints on the Acura's scratch way too easily? I had a '90 Midnight Blue Legend that I always hand washed. Every few weeks I had to wax the car just to get rid of the swirl marks left by drying the car with hand towels. The reason I ask....tonight I went to my local Acura dealer and they had the Blue TL-S on the lot. It was totally clean. I lightly rubbed my finger on the A-pillar to feel the gloss of the paint and it left some faint scratches. What the S***!!!...we're not talking Freddie Kruger here.

Loved the way the White Diamond looked, although the black mud flaps kind of messed up the look. Has anyone with a white had the backs (not the wheel-well sides) painted the matching white with the same flex paint used in the bumpers? I bet a paint shop would do a nice job.
Old 03-24-2001, 09:36 PM
Racer

That's because Acura uses cheap paint.
The only one that has ok quality is the WDP.
It's a complaint....but I don't really mind.
You get what you pay for. I'd rather get everything else and not pay for the paint.
I save the money for lots of other stuff
Old 03-24-2001, 09:38 PM
Ain't No Other...

its just your greasy finger and how the light hit the spot you touched probably making that mark, should go away with a wash...have you guys heard anything about the 5th generation maxima paint???? Sh!tty I heard!!!!!!
Old 03-24-2001, 11:44 PM

I really like the WDP color as well. I think that is the color I'm going to go with. Won't have the problem with the swirl marks showing up either.
Old 03-25-2001, 06:04 AM

"I lightly rubbed my finger on the A-pillar to feel the gloss of the paint and it left some faint scratches".

I noticed it also on a demo black TLS and pointed out to the salesman.

Aside from the WDP, silver is also a good option. I personally would never buy a white car - no matter what the reason is.
Old 03-26-2001, 06:54 AM

I examined two showroom cars upon my last visit. One was a Emerald CL and the other was a Nighthawk TL-S.

Both had noticable swirls in the hood and doors. Granted, showroom lighting will bring out the worst. However, these cars are Brand New. I shutter to imagine how they may look in years to come. One thing is for sure, owners of these colors will have a lot of hard work and TLC in front of them.

My old Integra is a Medium Gold. It hides marks real well. I also have a Tahoe in Light Pewter, which is a goldish silver. This color is great at both hiding dirt and marks.

I imagine the Satin Silver will work well. Shame the Naples Gold isn't a TL-S color.

------------------
1989 Acura Integra LS
1993 Honda Lawn Tractor
2000 Honda Rancher ES 4x4
2002 Acura TL-S (This Year)