Acura Owners in Maryland? Please Reply!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2002, 10:23 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acura Owners in Maryland? Please Reply!

Hey all, I finally got my 2003 TL Type S in Anthracite Metallic tonight! It sucked I couldn't get it and drive it home earlier in the day, but oh well, I'm just glad to finally get it!

Anyway, my question is for those of you who live in Maryland with an Acura. I purchased my Acura from Rosenthal Acura in Gaithersburg. That is a 45 minute drive from me. Tischer Acura in Laurel and Acura West in Ellicot City are closer to me. I also have Criswell Acura in Annapolis and Chevy Chase Acura in Bethesda. Does anyone have experiences with any of these dealerships as far as service is concerned?

My plan was to take it to Tischer Acura in Laurel to have it serviced for oil changes and maintenance and all that good stuff, but I just wanted to know if any of you have any suggestions or can tell me about your experiences with any or all of them. Thanks!

-Rob
Old 07-30-2002, 10:41 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, while you're waiting for folks who live in MD to answer you -- you could do a couple quick searches on those dealership names and see what kinds of posts pop up. Then, at least you'll have some quick feedback on your question.

Later,

V.
Old 07-31-2002, 07:22 AM
Instructor

Oh yeah

Oh yeah, thanks! I didn't even think about that!
I'll be searching for these places and to see what people have to say about them. I'm fairly new to this message board, so i'm still getting used to it! thanks again!
Old 07-31-2002, 09:34 AM
Advanced

I've bought 4 Acura's from acura West in Ellicott City, MD. Great dealership and wonderful service. Always get my in fast and if need, get the same rental vehicle if the car will be in for a bit
Old 07-31-2002, 11:01 AM
Pro

Received 74 Likes on 41 Posts
I live in Maryland and bought my 2003 TL-S from Rosenthal. It is also a 45 minute ride for me. I brought my Integra to Acura West for service for 12 years. Once it was out of warranty I did bring it to some private repair shops because I didn't want to pay Acura West's prices. I do not feel that Acura West ever cheated me or treated me wrong, though they never went out of their way to provide great customer care either.

If you want to drop off your car late the night before or early that morning forget it because the lot is locked. There is a lot of crime in that area with cars being stolen off dealer lots, new ones and those in for service.

They do not provide loaners. They will get you a rental and depending on what you are having done sometimes they pay for the rental and sometimes you do.

I have not used Tischer. I started to buy my TL-S there but the sales crew were jerks. I was told that they do not provide loaners either.

I have not had service done at Rosenthal yet, will be there for my first visit within the next month or so. I beleive they do provide loaners and from what I saw while picking my car up their service department seems first rate.

I hope this helps.
Old 07-31-2002, 12:54 PM
Instructor

Oh okay...

Originally posted by kcroberge
I live in Maryland and bought my 2003 TL-S from Rosenthal. It is also a 45 minute ride for me. I brought my Integra to Acura West for service for 12 years. Once it was out of warranty I did bring it to some private repair shops because I didn't want to pay Acura West's prices. I do not feel that Acura West ever cheated me or treated me wrong, though they never went out of their way to provide great customer care either.

If you want to drop off your car late the night before or early that morning forget it because the lot is locked. There is a lot of crime in that area with cars being stolen off dealer lots, new ones and those in for service.

They do not provide loaners. They will get you a rental and depending on what you are having done sometimes they pay for the rental and sometimes you do.

I have not used Tischer. I started to buy my TL-S there but the sales crew were jerks. I was told that they do not provide loaners either.

I have not had service done at Rosenthal yet, will be there for my first visit within the next month or so. I beleive they do provide loaners and from what I saw while picking my car up their service department seems first rate.

I hope this helps.
Okay, well, this is my first Acura. I guess for the most part, i'll be taking my car in at Rosenthal, but I just wanted to know if it was worth it enough to drive 45 minutes out there. Thanks again for your help!

-Rob
Old 07-31-2002, 01:33 PM
Racer

Just had my car (2000 TL-P) at Acura West, and will have to take it there again next week. They had it for 2 weeks to replace tranny, and couldn't even take care of all problems. Definetely not going out of their way. But I live in Owings Mills, and this is the most convinient dealership. But next time, will probably take it to Frankel Acura in Timonium. A guy that I talk to on the phone there didn't care, but I may give them another chance.
Old 07-31-2002, 03:08 PM
Three Wheelin'

Hi Rob I will get back to you very soon on the private message you sent don't wont you to think I am being rude.
I got my car from Rosenthal ACURA also a few years ago. I always take it there for service. I also live about equal distance from the other ACURA Dealerships. ACURA WEST is 30 miles from me Rosenthal is 21 Tisher is about the same. They have that new place in Bethesda now. I just go to Rosenthal & get my work done & have not had any problem with them.
They will send you coupons & stuff when its time to get your service done. They have got that ACURA Precision Dealership AWARD quit a few times over the years.
Old 07-31-2002, 05:46 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Bought my TL from Tischer in Laurel - they're the best. No one leaves unhappy. I would never go anywhere else.
Old 08-03-2002, 12:43 PM
Racer

Tischer lied to me on the phone when I was looking to buy a TL last summer. They said they had 2 '99's that were certified on their lot in great cond. I drove down there and neither car was certified and they were both pretty banged up. So f them.

Acure West service is ok. Went there once with the TL and 2 times with my Legend.

Frankel Acura in Cockeysville is the best. They provide loaners (call 1-2 weeks ahead) and Joe in the service dept is the man. I had my car in for a suspension clunk last week and it turned out to be a bad strut. Frankel is fixing it for free......and I have 54K miles on it!!!!!!! (Warranty over! )
Old 08-03-2002, 07:25 PM
Pro

Just a comment on the number of TLs i've seen while spending a week here in Annapolis, DC, area. There' lots of them on the road and most are silver! I like what i see....
Old 08-04-2002, 02:31 AM
Black is a ***** to Clean

No one has really talked about Chevy Chase Acura in Bethesda....I don't own an Acura (yet), but I do plan to get it from Bethesda. The place is brand new (about 4 mo. old) and the salesmen are really nice. They do provide loaners and I heard service is pretty good. I mentioned the tranny prob to them though, and they said they have never heard of it! I just find the location convienent, as it's 10 min. from my house!

-David
Old 08-04-2002, 01:56 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by AgentDSS
No one has really talked about Chevy Chase Acura in Bethesda....I don't own an Acura (yet), but I do plan to get it from Bethesda. The place is brand new (about 4 mo. old) and the salesmen are really nice. They do provide loaners and I heard service is pretty good. I mentioned the tranny prob to them though, and they said they have never heard of it! I just find the location convienent, as it's 10 min. from my house!

-David
They should have known of the problem maybe the Techs have not the salesman. This place would be closer to me also as I live in N.W. section of D.C. Rosenthal has gave me pretty good service over the last 2yrs so I will stick with them.
When the 2nd Generation TL came out in late 1998. I went to Euro Motorcars when they were selling ACURA in Bethesda. I had test drove the 1999 model there. I put down a $1000.00 deposit
when the 2000 models were comming out. EuroMotorcars told me a few weeks later they were not going to sell ACURA anymore. The salesman then took my paperwork to Rosenthal & thats were I got my car from.