Acura is about to bend me over, few Q's

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2003, 03:13 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acura is about to bend me over, few Q's

Havent been on this board in a while, but Im having a problem, looking for some insight.

First of all, 99 3.2, ACURA CERTIFIED, 57k miles.

Getting the lovely hard disk error about 80% of the time we start the car. Most of the time it will reset itself properly after re-starting the car. Before the warranty runs out (60k I believe), I want to get the hard drive replaced.

I call the local Acura dealer, tell them what the problem is, and before Im even done explaining, I get the "that's not covered under warranty, you'll have to pay for it to be fixed." So, I politely finish and explain that this is ACURA CERTIFIED (which we paid another $900 for at time of purchase one year ago). He said "Well, then it may be covered, maybe not." The service manager was busy of course, so they are getting back to me "maybe today, maybe tomorrow."

Its my understanding that this should be covered in full. Can you guys please give me some advice/info so Im ready for the call stating they will not cover it ? Acura has been nothing but helpful in the past with the car's 'quirks', and I was expecting the same attention in this case.

Thanks to all in advance

Rob
Old 01-14-2003, 04:20 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There should be some paper work or statements in terms to tell you what is cover after the factory warranty when you buy a certified used car from the dealer, like mine is a 99 also but my warranty only cover most the engine drive tran parts, AC and such but no the electrical audio system which include the navi.
Old 01-14-2003, 05:51 PM
Racer

Received 79 Likes on 39 Posts
What dealer are you dealing with? I usually deal with Brunswick (now open road) Ever since I bought the car, service has been OK. My brother dealt with Precision in Princeton, lets just say, not a great expierence. Wish PAA wasn't such a far drive.... Or I would go there. I do think the hard drive would be covered. The certified warranty does extend the factory bumper to bumper. Bring it to a different dealer if give you a hard time. One tip... if they give you a hard time about not replacing it under warrantee, keep *****ing.... Worked for everyone when I worked at Ford, and My friend who works at Brunswick says the same thing.