ACP ROTORs

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2003, 04:15 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ACP ROTORs

Hey
i was looking at the ACP rotors that are for sale on this webpage and i was wondering if any of the owners have any feedback on them, did they see anydifference?> also DO YOU NEED DIFF CALIPERS AND PADS OR CAN U USE THE STOCK ONES????
thanks marc
Old 01-15-2003, 05:49 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
i have them u use the stock calipers and pads. they were good for about 10000 miles then i warped them, but im really hard on brakes and and race road courses once and a while with the car. want good brakes go with the brembo kit
Old 01-16-2003, 07:25 AM
Acura TL-S

Originally posted by fsttyms1
i have them u use the stock calipers and pads. they were good for about 10000 miles then i warped them, but im really hard on brakes and and race road courses once and a while with the car. want good brakes go with the brembo kit
i don't mean to take away buiseness from the site, but i got mine cross-drilled somewhere else, they actually went down and got acura oem rotors and drilled them and i'm using axxis metal masters, and they work great. had them on for over 30k miles, i drive very hard and brake very hard, and they've held up fine. i had the same setup on my 00TL for about 20K miles, and it was also great
Old 01-16-2003, 09:34 AM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Exclamation Re: ACP ROTORs

I got Cadmium Plated ACP Rotors. I had Acura Upgrade my Pads when I got the Rotors. Can I tell a difference ? No, not really. They Look Very Nice, but in reality the Cross Drilling won't do that much for Stopping, maybe a little for decreased fading.

Cross-Drilling does decrease the surface area, so in reality, an argument could be made for < Stopping Power, but I would think that would be negligible as well.

Originally posted by snowdude1
Hey
i was looking at the ACP rotors that are for sale on this webpage and i was wondering if any of the owners have any feedback on them, did they see anydifference?> also DO YOU NEED DIFF CALIPERS AND PADS OR CAN U USE THE STOCK ONES????
thanks marc
Old 01-18-2003, 01:15 AM
Burning Brakes

Re: Re: ACP ROTORs

Originally posted by caddy
I got Cadmium Plated ACP Rotors. I had Acura Upgrade my Pads when I got the Rotors. Can I tell a difference ? No, not really. They Look Very Nice, but in reality the Cross Drilling won't do that much for Stopping, maybe a little for decreased fading.

Cross-Drilling does decrease the surface area, so in reality, an argument could be made for < Stopping Power, but I would think that would be negligible as well.

the cross drilled design is for cooling purposes. in itself, it wont help ya stop faster, the pads do that work. so since u have upgraded rotors, its time to get some better pads, like axxis metal masters, then u will see a significant difference.
Old 01-18-2003, 03:03 PM
Advanced

has anyone heard or raybestos http://www.raybestos.com/usa/index.htm i think they are good and am planning on getting them i have heard alot about them and how good they are...anyone have opinions?
Old 01-18-2003, 07:46 PM
Drifting

Re: Re: Re: ACP ROTORs

Originally posted by systek

the cross drilled design is for cooling purposes. in itself, it wont help ya stop faster, the pads do that work. so since u have upgraded rotors, its time to get some better pads, like axxis metal masters, then u will see a significant difference.
hey i dont know that much about brakes and stuff but would i be able to use my OEM rotors and get the axxis pads and see a difference? and about how much are these pads?

thanks