ABS..

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2001, 08:38 PM

Question ABS..

Finally hit 750 Miles on my car today, so i decided to test out the car, so i put in the the SportShift mode, and put it in second gear and started driving like how i used to before i crashed my 300ZX.. hmm.. Fast.. Fun.. love the engine, very sporty engine, not boring.. umm.. the breaks is the problem.. I don't know why but i went into the ABS mode like twice when i wasn't really driving that fast.. is it normal? I mean i feel it on my foot as i'm pressing down on the brake. I think it activated for no reason, and too soon.. Am i wrong, is this normal, or should it just go into the mode everytime i do a semi sporty move?

(My dad has a Passport (Isuzu crap with a Honda name..) the ABS on that car isn't that bad, it has never come on when i drove it, and i drove that thing pretty fast, and made a lot of quick stops..)

Does it Damage my brakes?

(As my brother used to always say:
ABS = Awful Braking System)
Old 01-23-2001, 11:22 PM
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Well, I think the ABS on our car really sucks. I don't know how hard were you braking, but my ABS usually do nothing until there are snows!!!

In winter, the ABS goes off like CRAZY. And I wish I could just turn that thing off...

But it won't demage your brake system or no nothing, in fact it will actually reduce the wear our on your tires (by a little bit).