ABP TL-S in Hunters Creek (Orlando)

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2003, 03:32 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question ABP TL-S in Hunters Creek (Orlando)

Saw a blue TL-S with the full factory kit two days ago in Hunters Creek. Just wondering if it belongs to anyone on this board. Very clean and nice looking car. Wanted to ask about your tint so, if you're on the board, please respond. Thanks.
Old 05-01-2003, 04:20 PM
lover and fighter

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts
If it had C2's, had some wump in the trunk and hauled a$$, it was importcult...
Old 05-02-2003, 07:15 AM
Advanced

Nope.....still had the stockers.
Old 05-04-2003, 11:16 AM
Cruisin'

I suppose it could have been me

There are two of us here in Hunter's Creek with ABP... one has stock kit and spoiler and belongs to a "motherly" type (I've been next to her in traffic and exchanged compliments). Mine has the factory kit and spoiler plus 'Type-S' badges behind the front wheels.

I'd be happy to chat about tints/whatever!
Old 05-05-2003, 07:15 AM
Advanced

Yep, yours was the one. I almost mentioned the "S" badges behind the front wheels. That's one reason, I thought you might be on the board. I just relocated here from DC and am still trying to get a feel for the area. Can you tell where you had your tint done? I need to get mine taken care of ASAP and I liked the factory look of yours. Let me know when you get a chance. Thnx.

Chris
Old 05-05-2003, 06:15 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ABP > all other colors.
Old 05-05-2003, 10:15 PM
Cruisin'

dang...
I just spent a looooong time giving a bunch of information then pressed the wrong key and it is all gone...

To recap...
mine is Llumar film ATR30 on all windows. It was done in Gainesville, FL (my hometown, but I live here in HC) at Tropical Solar Films for $165 in 9/01. He did a near-flawless job... very happy. He did not tint over the dots at the top of the back window, so there is a section( the dots) that appears lighter from the inside. It is not visible in the rearview mirror, and hardly noticeable from the outside. An option would be a black vinyl strip to cover that area, but I didn't opt for this and i have no regrets.
My wife had her RSX tinted at Fountain Acura on OBT. The guy works out of Solar Impressions on Florence Vista Blvd, but did it at Fountain. Again, Llumar ATR30 on all windows, but he did tint the dots. The tint doesn't adhere well to the dots, so there is a slight silvery quality to the dotted areas from the outside. Again, no big deal. He did a good job, but not great. A few minor bubbles here and there, but nothing major. The price was less than mine (fewer windows) but I don't recall the exact amount.
If I did it again, I would risk it and tint over the dots, but I am thoroughly pleased with my job. I would go back to Fountain to do it, too.
Also, the 30% tint is on the conservative end of the legal limit for front windows here in FL. I didn't want to risk any unwarranted trouble, but I did want even tint all around (not darker in the back- just my preference).

Hope this helps
Old 05-06-2003, 07:17 AM
Advanced

Great.....thnx for the heads up. I noticed most of the Tint places in this area use Llumar but wasn't sure of the quality. The only other films I've heard of are 3M and Formula One. The best shop in Northern VA used Formula One and I didn't know how that compared to Llumar. I went by Fountain Acura Sunday but, they were closed . I'll try them later this week. Thnx again.
Old 05-06-2003, 08:51 PM
Three Wheelin'

Mine's sitting at Fountain Acura as I type this. Thought it may have been mine you saw, except I don't have tint and you didn't mention that you saw it on the back of a flatbed tow truck, so I guess it wasn't mine.
Old 05-06-2003, 10:27 PM
Cruisin'

RAdams- Does that mean it is dead?
Did you get the headers installed in Orlando?
Old 05-07-2003, 07:47 AM
Three Wheelin'

The problem that I had with it didn't reappear for the dealer (of course) so I'll be driving it back home today. Heading out of here at about 1:00PM to go pick it up.

I had the headers installed at Rick Case Acura in Ft. Lauderdale.
Old 05-07-2003, 07:51 AM
Advanced

RAdams -- I'd like to see your TL with the H&R Sport Springs. I've thought about going with springs but, wasn't sure how low to go with the Factory Kit. I also want to avoid camber issues......maybe the OEs are the way to go for me?
Old 05-07-2003, 08:36 AM
lover and fighter

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts
99Hokie--you shouldn't need a camber kit with Comptech springs and their drop isn't as low as the others, anyway...I've got 17k miles on my car since putting the springs on and the tires are wearing perfectly fine though I do rotate every 4k miles. I didn't even need an alignment and have never had one...
BTW, I have 3m and the quality is fine tint. It;s been on the car for 18 months...
Old 05-07-2003, 08:14 PM
Cruisin'

99- What year is your TL? Do you live near Hunter's Creek?

RAdams- Do you live here in Orlando? I am very interested in getting headers... are you pleased, and would you reccommend having the dealership do the install?
Old 05-08-2003, 07:04 AM
Advanced

danwack -- I have an 03 WDP TL-S......factory kit, and WW Flush Mount Spoiler.
Old 05-08-2003, 08:07 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by 99Hokie
RAdams -- I'd like to see your TL with the H&R Sport Springs. I've thought about going with springs but, wasn't sure how low to go with the Factory Kit. I also want to avoid camber issues......maybe the OEs are the way to go for me?
I'll snap some pics today sometime. In my opinion, it's the perfect ride height. It gets rid of the wheel gap quite nicely, yet even with the body kit I am able to clear parking bumpers with a little room left over. I didn't want to have to take extra precautions at every little road obstacle, and with these springs I don't have to.

The ride is fantastic and although I did not install a camber correction kit, I did get an alignment after the installation and the tires have been wearing perfectly for 18 months now. I did replace the Michelins a few months ago, but only because I hated them and found a great deal on some Dunlop SP9000's.
Old 05-08-2003, 08:12 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by danwack
RAdams- Do you live here in Orlando? I am very interested in getting headers... are you pleased, and would you reccommend having the dealership do the install?
I live in the Ft. Lauderdale area, I was just vacationing in Orlando this past weekend. I love the headers -- the top end power is amazing. They're a bit pricey, but they've held up very well (this is the 2nd TL I've had them on, they're about 2.5 years old now) and they perform every time.

I do all maintenance and mods on my cars myself, but was all too happy to have the dealer install the header as getting to the rear manifold bolts didn't look fun, though in reality it's probably not that bad.

If you're not mechanically inclined (or just lazy like me) I recommend having the dealer install them, if the price is right.
Old 05-14-2003, 09:28 AM
Advanced

Had my tint done at Doughty's Custom Detail on OBT over the wknd and went with 20% 3M film all around. I'll probably have them re-do the vinyl strip they put over my dot matrix since the line matching up to the rear film is pretty uneven. All in all, I'm happy with the job and they had it done in under two hours.

Can any of you guys recommend a good place for Synthetic oil changes around here? I'm almost to 10K miles and would like to convert over to Mobil 1. I'd buy the oil and do it on my own but, all of my stuff is in storage. They going rate in the DC area was between $35-50 for synthetic changes. Can I expect to pay that around here? Any help would be appreciated.....thnx.