7 1/2 hours to make a decision

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 07:14 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
by the way this thread has helped me feel a lot better about my trans.
Old 11-15-2006, 07:29 PM
Registered Charity

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by starsh0t
by the way this thread has helped me feel a lot better about my trans.
I bought my 03 TL-S about 6 weeks ago ... I had read some on the Forum, but, believe it or not, had no idea about the transmission issue. I used a car broker to find the Acura, and he tracked down the servicing dealer to find out what had been done. This is where the dealer's service department, if they're cooperative, can be so essential. They told the broker that the trans had been replaced via recall in 8/05. I also registered the VIN in Acura OwnerLink and saw what was what.

Although I didn't have the pre-purchase fear and panic that I've read in other threads, I can completely understand it. I had to do about $1200 in trans repairs to the Jeep Wrangler Sahara I sold to buy the Acura, and it wasn't fun.

Anyway, my SSM (the Silver Bullet) has been AWESOME, and I love driving it every day. It's the best car I've ever owned. So there.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:28 PM
Why I watch sci-fi...

Originally Posted by Sherlock_Holmes
Thanks for your response Bob.

I know that the 2003 that I have been writing about is not covered under the extension. So my plan was to buy the extended warranty to cover the power train after 50,000 miles.

Are you saying that the dealership does not offer extended powertrain (up to 100,000 miles) warranties for purchase?

First off, not all warranties are created equal. I was speaking of an Acura Certified Used warranty out to 100k miles. It cost me $900 to get it extended from 51k (it only came with 3k from the day I bought it and it had 48k on it). You do NOT want some other companies warranty. I had one and they made it very hard to use and they had many exceptions. If they will not certify it, you should be very worried.
Old 11-15-2006, 09:46 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by BrotherDavid
I bought my 03 TL-S about 6 weeks ago ... I had read some on the Forum, but, believe it or not, had no idea about the transmission issue. I used a car broker to find the Acura, and he tracked down the servicing dealer to find out what had been done. This is where the dealer's service department, if they're cooperative, can be so essential. They told the broker that the trans had been replaced via recall in 8/05. I also registered the VIN in Acura OwnerLink and saw what was what.

Although I didn't have the pre-purchase fear and panic that I've read in other threads, I can completely understand it. I had to do about $1200 in trans repairs to the Jeep Wrangler Sahara I sold to buy the Acura, and it wasn't fun.

Anyway, my SSM (the Silver Bullet) has been AWESOME, and I love driving it every day. It's the best car I've ever owned. So there.
Yip I know what you mean, I had no idea about the trans issue either and didn't ask the dealer and they didn't tell. I also checked out my car in the ownerlink and saw that the trans. had been "fixed." I'm taking it tomorrow to dealer anyways to get it checked out. I bought mine about 3 weeks ago Loving it. Have yet to give her WOT to see what she can do, specially after I read about all the trans. issues on here, but I think i'll have to try it out some early morning.