344HP TL!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2001, 10:34 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 344HP TL!!!!

I went to my friends shop to do a Dyno on my car. I only did two runs. What I have on my car......

CompTech Headers
CompTech Exhaust
AEM Cold Air Intake
Apex-i V-AFC (Default settings)
NOS 70Shot (Dry Kit)
NGK (V Series Plugs)
Both Dyno's with my 19" C-5's!!!!!!

I gonna Dyno Tune my V-AFC next week at an import shop, my friends only work with v-8(muscle bullies, Crazy.....Calloway Vette's, C-5 Vette's, Z-28 and FireBirds with like 550 HP@ the wheels) There all cool though!!!

The first run(red) is in 3rd gear.
The second run(blue) is also in 3rd gear and the spike drop in HP is because when the NOS kicked in the car started hopping, even though the car was totally strapped down.
Remind you that both runs were with my 19" C-5's and not with my 16" Nitto Drag's

Does anyone know how to calculate Net HorsePower from HorsePower at the Wheels?????
I've heard anywhere from 20-25% with a automatic....Is this true???????
Well taking adding 20% to 287HP = 344HP!!!...Anyone know????

Old 03-10-2001, 10:38 PM
Ain't No Other...

Man that is some crazy shat Tanner....possibly the most powerful TL out there....well i dont know how to calculate that horsepower question, but i gotta say, your TL looks and runs GREAT!

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by SinnedTL on March 11, 2001 @ ]</font>
Old 03-10-2001, 10:58 PM
Safety Car

Damn you are locc to tha brain for dyno'ing with your C5s on!!!

Very impressive numbers!!
Old 03-11-2001, 02:21 AM
Banned

Nice numbers Tanner,damn that juice is helpin big time across the board
Old 03-11-2001, 02:42 AM
Drifting

nice! let's see... headers, exaust and CAI should give you about 20 hp gain, plus 70 shot from NOS, that's about 315 right there, plus the V-TEC controller and the plugs, sounds pretty close.

------------------
Moderator on Acura-TL.com Forums

2000 Red Hot TL w/o nav
Burlwood Trim and Shift Knob
Wood Trim Set
Gutter Guard Grill
Nebraska Legal Darkest Tint
Goodyear Eagle HP Ultra Plus 225/55/16
Photos Of My RED HOT TL
Old 03-11-2001, 05:08 AM
Safety Car

Nah RH, its all the plugs, right Tann?
Old 03-11-2001, 09:54 AM
Instructor

Question

Hey guys, can you tell me what are NOS 70Shot (Dry Kit) and NGK (V Series Plugs)?

------------------
Factory underbody kit,AEM Short RAM, Comptech headers, Mugen exhaust,Burlwood shift knob, Burlwood dash kit, PIAA's fog lights,Type-S emblem,INSPIRE trunk Emblem,V-AFC,AEM Pulley kits, Gutter Guard Grill, K-40 Radar Detector, Motorora-Hand-Free kits, and Comptech Sway bars...
Old 03-11-2001, 10:04 AM
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
HOLY SMOKE!!!!!!!

I think a stock TL with 16' rims will only get about 176hp @wheel. You got 287hp with 19's. Can you actually do a dyno run without NOS, so I can know how the TL is like with I/H/E, VAFC.... Thanks in advance.....
Old 03-11-2001, 10:08 AM
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Didn't see your second dyno run on the chart... nevermind... close to 200hp at the wheel is not that bad I guess...... I think you maybe you can get 200hp+ without NOS after you find tuned your VAFC
Old 03-11-2001, 12:19 PM

Hi Tanner,

Sorry I couldn't stop by for a visit, my one appointment turned into three, and one of them did buy so I guess my day was worth it. Those are pretty impressive numbers! Thank god I can see your car a mile away, now I know which TL not to drag with! I wouldn't want to give you the satisfaction of ACTUALLY kicking my ass. You'll just have to make to with the knowledge that your WOULD have kicked it...

------------------
Aloha,
Colin
Internet Sales Manager,
www.hondahawaii.com
www.satoauto.com (my homepage)
Old 03-11-2001, 02:46 PM
foolio at heart

Hey tanner,

Where do you have your nos fogger tapped into? Can you post some pics of the nos setup? Great dyno numbers by the way. All show and all go tl, sweet.
Old 03-11-2001, 06:55 PM
Three Wheelin'

V. impressive car!!!

------------------
Mugen exhaust
now ordering AEM short ram
Old 03-11-2001, 08:03 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 740 Likes on 309 Posts
According to Horsepower TV that I saw yesterday, they say 22% power loss for auto trans, and about 18-19% power loss for manual trans..
Ed

------------------
Acura-TL.com - Forum Moderator

'99 TL Satin Silver/Ebony, Non/Nav, Comptech lowered, Comptech Air Filter Element, Inspire Tails, AEM Brake Pads all around, Comptech Axle Back Exhaust, "Guy Smiley" doll on the dash as my Co-driver...

Pics of my TL
Pics of my Miata! Wadya think?
Old 03-11-2001, 09:48 PM
Pro

Thanx for the props guys
Colin, LOL..... I still want your S2000!!!!
Thanx RedHotTL, for answering the ??'s
About the kit, you might want to ask Tim, even though I don't think he'll recommend it(?)... Anyway it's a NOS Dry Kit it cost around $400 without installation.
Ed, thanx for the HP info..

My system is tapped into my AEM CAI, about 6"s from the throttle body(Just this theory has many, many different opinions....the further the better..... no, no the closer the better) Just depends on who does your NOS install.

Here's a pic..... There is a blue soleniod with stainless lines on the rear firewall, that's what feed the NOS to the intake. It feeds the NOS from the bottle, which is mounted in the trunk.
It taps into the AEM CAI, about 6"s from the throttle body(stainless lines)
Old 03-11-2001, 09:54 PM
foolio at heart

Originally posted by Tann@808:
Thanx for the props guys
Colin, LOL..... I still want your S2000!!!!
Thanx RedHotTL, for answering the ??'s
About the kit, you might want to ask Tim, even though I don't think he'll recommend it(?)... Anyway it's a NOS Dry Kit it cost around $400 without installation.
Ed, thanx for the HP info..

My system is tapped into my AEM CAI, about 6"s from the throttle body(Just this theory has many, many different opinions....the further the better..... no, no the closer the better) Just depends on who does your NOS install.

Here's a pic..... There is a blue soleniod with stainless lines on the rear firewall, that's what feed the NOS to the intake. It feeds the NOS from the bottle, which is mounted in the trunk.
It taps into the AEM CAI, about 6"s from the throttle body(stainless lines)
I am having something prototyped that you might be interested in, for the NOS. I'll let you know how the project is coming along it should be done a couple of weeks. Nice job, bro.
Old 03-11-2001, 11:30 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by kchen:
Hey guys, can you tell me what are NOS 70Shot (Dry Kit) and NGK (V Series Plugs)?

NOS is the nitro oxide kit, it releases the oxygen for combustion to help the engine burn the fuel better which increases the hp. there are two kinds of nitro system, dry kit and wet kit. for our TL, only dry kit works. I know there are two different kinds of wet kits. those wet kits are for like funny cars or racing cars. they can have a hp gain up to 1000! the number 70 means it gives about a 70 hp gain.
plugs, I think it's just spark plugs.

------------------
Moderator on Acura-TL.com Forums

2000 Red Hot TL w/o nav
Burlwood Trim and Shift Knob
Wood Trim Set
Gutter Guard Grill
Nebraska Legal Darkest Tint
Goodyear Eagle HP Ultra Plus 225/55/16
Photos Of My RED HOT TL
Old 03-12-2001, 04:40 AM
Advanced

Damn, I guess Nitrous Oxide really does rule then huh Good job. Which dyno did you go to? I personlly only know of 2, and I think a few of us are going to make an appointment at Dynojet Hawaii in a week or 2.

------------------
Chris K.
Old 03-13-2001, 02:46 AM
Pro

Wassup Chris,
I went to DSM performace but I'm gonna DynoTune my V-AFC from Naka's Care Care. Maybe on Saturday, he said it would be like $60/Hr. but he's gonna tune it for me so $90/Hr. that's a good deal!!!! Does DynoJet, do DynoTuning for Air/Fuel ratio?????
Old 03-14-2001, 07:46 PM
Advanced

Originally posted by Tann@808:
Wassup Chris,
I went to DSM performace but I'm gonna DynoTune my V-AFC from Naka's Care Care. Maybe on Saturday, he said it would be like $60/Hr. but he's gonna tune it for me so $90/Hr. that's a good deal!!!! Does DynoJet, do DynoTuning for Air/Fuel ratio?????

If I remember what dynojet said correctly, they do regular dyno for $50 and hour, but air fuel tunning is extra, and I beleive they quoted a price higher then what your where quoted for. I'm just doing a base line, and then with my air intake, while another owner is going to do air/fuel tunning with his feilds fuel controller. Man, I didn't know we had that many dynos on the Islands

------------------
Chris K.