2nd Day Summary

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2001, 12:04 PM
WayTooManyAcuras

Received 497 Likes on 230 Posts
Originally posted by Closer:
Keyless. Double click the lock and it' has a pleasent beep to show it's armed. Not the obtrusive "HON.
I miss the "honk". You could hear it a lot further away from the car that the beep. The beep is really quite (at least on mine).

------------------
-------------------------

02 TL-S NAV w/Spoiler, Body Kit and Bowling Ball Wheel!

Old 03-23-2001, 12:16 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, mine is quiet too. I dont miss the horn so much but wish the beep was a little
bit louder. Other than that the car is just
GREAT!

------------------
Old 03-23-2001, 02:39 PM

stop it Closer, I getting jealous.

------------------
  • 2000 Acura 3.2TL w/Navi
  • Satin Silver w/Ebony Interior
  • Factory Underbody Kit
  • Factory Spoiler
  • Mahogony Shifter

Old 03-23-2001, 02:46 PM

Man, that was a nice read.
Thanks!

On a Friday it's so nice to live vicariously through someone that's having some fun.
Old 03-23-2001, 05:44 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would like to add to this post...this is my second day with my tl-s also and I keep finding new things in this car. It amazes me everytime I find something new that helps set this car so far apart from the rest of the crowd for the money. I love this keyless entry and the alarm system. The HID's just plain rock...the lights are bright as a the sun it seems even on the darkest roads.

The car does need to be lowered, but I can take care of that. The ride is just right and the little bit of body role should disappear with the new springs.

I love the sound this motor makes when it unleashes the vtec secondaries. Can not wait to open up the exhaust and intake to make that sound amplify.

This is such a beautiful car, and it is almost as fast as my integra was..but I had it good with that Jackson Blower.

Congrats to all that have picked up their TL-S'. It is truly an awesome car.
Old 03-23-2001, 11:49 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post 2nd Day Summary

The car is FAST. 2nd day I've owned the car and I'm sorry to say... I haven't waited for the break-in period at all.

It's got Comptech Intake, Headers and Springs.

sound: Dead quite. The only noise I'm getting is the occasional sunroof squeak when it's closed and my body flexes (speed bumps and what not). And my sunglasses jiggling inside the holder. (it should be padded inside). I always used to be the type with sunroof open and windows down. It's just too damn nice all sealed up now.

features: Butt warmers are fast. I'll sneak the passenger side on, and in 30 seconds I get the... "WHAT THE HELL?". Fast. Climate control rocks. My Accord was always set to 75. The TL-S is set at 70, for the same comfort level. Turn it to 60 and it gets cold fast. Keyless. Double click the lock and it' has a pleasent beep to show it's armed. Not the obtrusive "HONK".

speed: I raced a pontiac firebird 3 times. 1st race, dead even... he ran out of road at about 1/4 mile... so he pulled in behind me. 2nd race, dead even through 2nd gear. 3rd race, dead even through 2nd gear. My shift into 3rd was at about 6600rpm... so once in 3rd he pulled 2 car lengths, but at top of 3rd I pulled it back to 1 car length. 3rd gear it too high. Especially noticable when speeding from 2nd to 3rd and when downshifting from 3rd to 2nd (rough shift). Otherwise, it's hard to tell when you're shifting in any other gear. 4th and 5th almost feel the same.

ride with springs: Not bumpy... but bounce. It's smooth over rough surfaces, but hitting a pot hole will lift my small butt off the seat a bit. Definately not harsh. I still think improving the rubber will make ride comfort and grip better. I'm looking to go 225/45 pole positions. A little lower profile will look nicer on the stock rims also.

lights: Hids kick ass. I always leave my lights on... just cause it's so fun to unlock the car and watch those things fire up. The fogs do help. They add close range lighting and help with side visibility. I'd like to get a little bit more orange light for more hid contrast. Look at em makes the fogs look almost broken, or that they're using 5cent bulbs (which they probably are).

stereo: Not bad at all. With the car sealed it plays well. Not a rock and roll stereo though... thanks to bose, it's missing that "bose" midrange. But, listen to easy music and boy bands and you'll be very happy. I'll have to put my linkin park and slipknot back in my home stereo. Changing from one cd to the next is a bit slow.

interior: I have a craving to go bowling. It looks nice... and it feels great. Kinda weird to get glare off the steering wheel though. White face gauges kick ass. Look cool in the day and night. Cargo net, 16 loops 6 pegs... how the hell does it work? It's one of those mental thing that I refuse to figure out. Someday I'll get bored and put it on right. .8g cupholder work well for cans of soda.

exterior: I'll have to get the spoiler. I back in park all the time, I have no idea where the butt on this boat is. My friend and his NSX is jealous of my keyless pad.

That's it for now...