2004 Honda Accord??? Bring it on!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2004, 12:52 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 Honda Accord??? Bring it on!!!

I don't need to give you guys details, but basically I raced my cousin's girlfriend. She drives a 2004 Honda Accord Coupe (V6), but it's auto. Anyhow, I was surprised when I looked in and saw no SS mode on the thing. Anyhow, we launched it off the line. We were literally neck to neck until about end of first, then my TL-S woke up, got an extra shot of VTEC, and pulled 1-2 cars ahead. We did this launch 4 times, and everytime the same outcome. Then we raced from 80 km/h (50 MPH). I kept the car in SS mode and put it in 2nd gear. She simply floored the gas, and my god how I blew past her. Her face was priceless seeing as she had a V6 also, and just because I'm more experienced then her (racing), I fu(king raped her!!!

hahaha women drivers!!! no offense Type S Lady!!!
Old 02-28-2004, 01:01 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it shoudln't be too much diff rite? V6 Accord is 240hp, and TypeS TL is 260hp...
Old 02-28-2004, 01:03 AM
Boomer SOONER

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I want a TYPE S!!!!!!!!:banghead:

Everytime I get on my ride, I just think how much faster a Type S would be....oh well. Congrats though
Old 02-28-2004, 01:08 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by TypeS-Aspec
it shoudln't be too much diff rite? V6 Accord is 240hp, and TypeS TL is 260hp...
well the difference is male vs. female??? I'm j/k...the truth is, I drove her car, and it felt just as quick as a type s, driven properly. Had I been driving hers, I would have simply gate shifted in replacement of having ss mode, and may have been able to beat my a-spec doing that...anyhow, the bottom line is the type-s is faster than the accord no matter what perspective you look at it from.
Old 02-28-2004, 01:13 AM
Boomer SOONER

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I want a TYPE S!!!!:banghead:

OK Im done...
Old 02-28-2004, 03:58 AM
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Re: 2004 Honda Accord??? Bring it on!!!

You're so full of crap ...

think about what you just said: "at the end of first, my car got an extra shot of VTEC and gained one to TWO WHOLE CAR LENGTHS on this accords...."

that's just ridiculous. I'm gunna raise the BS flag, and you can enjoy the replies from those who choose to believe this story.

You at best gained 1/2 a car length on this accord to 60-70mph. Just admit it and we can all sleep better at night.
Old 02-28-2004, 03:59 AM
Safety Car

your choice of language is pretty crude, and quite disgraceful too.
Old 02-28-2004, 08:50 AM
Team Inspire Canada

1/2 car lenght is possible......2-3 cars i doubt it Type S is a fast car....we all know that.
Old 02-28-2004, 09:25 AM
Liquid Ice

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts
No doubt the TL-S is faster than the Accord Coupe V6 Auto, my roommate has one and my car "feels" faster, although maybe I just drive a little crazier.

Accord Coupe V6 6spd though, you're gonna be hard pressed to beat it unless you've got mods.
Old 02-28-2004, 09:31 AM
El Presidente

Originally posted by OU Sig
I want a TYPE S!!!!:banghead:

OK Im done...
yeah i know the feelin'...
Old 02-28-2004, 09:35 AM
Dr. TLS

Typical exaggerated kill story. I love it when 2002-2004 auto Maxima owners or automatic G35 owners come in here and say how they dusted a TLS by 2 carlenghts. THESE ARE NOT POSSIBLE UNLESS THE OTHER PERSON WASN'T TRYING. Same goes for the auto v6 Accord. I can see the sedan losing by 1 or 2 carlengths because maybe it weighs more but not the coupe. I am not flaming the poster but I just wanted to chime in and remind you that 2 carlengths is a lot of real estate. I believe the kill story, but not quite all the details. Come on: blowing by a 240 hp v6 Accord coupe? Give it a rest.
Old 02-28-2004, 10:27 AM
Three Wheelin'

did I forget to mention she had extra weight in her car? She had like 100 lbs of **** in the trunk, and an extra passenger (my cousin) with her. So could that have been a factor in why I beat her by 1-2 cars???

Guys why would I make something like this up??? I'm simply providing you guys with a scenario that I thought you would enjoy to hear...but obviously not...
Old 02-28-2004, 12:39 PM
New Life

Jeff I think what you said is very possible. I took mine to the track and ALMOST beat a V6 new Accord with nitro, and I do have the papers to prove it or do a search, I post that some time ago. So, stock for stock I don't think it is a problem.
Old 02-28-2004, 12:48 PM
16GS FSprt,03Max,12 335is

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by vandy786
Typical exaggerated kill story. I love it when 2002-2004 auto Maxima owners or automatic G35 owners come in here and say how they dusted a TLS by 2 carlenghts. THESE ARE NOT POSSIBLE UNLESS THE OTHER PERSON WASN'T TRYING. Same goes for the auto v6 Accord. I can see the sedan losing by 1 or 2 carlengths because maybe it weighs more but not the coupe. I am not flaming the poster but I just wanted to chime in and remind you that 2 carlengths is a lot of real estate. I believe the kill story, but not quite all the details. Come on: blowing by a 240 hp v6 Accord coupe? Give it a rest.
I hear ya and the same goes for TLS/04 TL guys saying the same about the above mentioned cars, not going to happen stock for stock(Same BS goes on over at Max org and G35 forums).
Old 02-28-2004, 01:04 PM
Comptech Freak

wait a min..she got VTEC too
Old 02-28-2004, 01:31 PM
Instructor

yeah, there's no way you had her by that much every time. The V6 Coupes are fast! That should have been a damn close race every time. I've heard a couple stories from TL-S drivers who've raced V6 Accords, and they all say the same thing...do not underestimate them! I still agree that with a good off the line start a TL-S should win, but it would still be a very close race.
Old 02-28-2004, 01:57 PM
Cruisin'

this is all such bull ****. my friend has a 2004 honda accord EX v6 coupe and i rape him past 20 mph every time ..he has no chance! It quick, but not quick enough

2003 TL-S
Old 02-28-2004, 02:43 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Whats so BS about the story? I have wasted '04 Accords, both I4 & V6's (Auto's only)...so whats w/all the negative comments? Maybe Jeff (sc354) just explained the story with poorly choosen words.

Nice kill Jeff.
Old 02-28-2004, 03:38 PM
Three Wheelin'

I don't know if this will change the story at all, but her car only has 700km on the thing. I warned her about racing a virtually brand new car and how she could potentially do long term damage to the engine pushing it that hard when it's pretty new, but she didn't seem to care...she was like (who cares, it's my dad's car). When she said that it just pissed me off even more. I mean, the a-spec that I drive is not actually mine on paper, but I'm the primary driver on it, and even though I drive it more, I still respect that it's my father's, and I take care of it. Never push it hard when the engine is cold, always taking it to get serviced and so on.

So yah, her engine I'm sure is not fully broken in yet, which leads me to believe I would have no problem taking her by 1-2 car lengths if we ran it again today. I'm sure once she has a couple thousand km's on the car, it will be a bit faster.

anyways guys, I've been on this forum to long to ruin my reputation, and honestly why would I do so by posting up a lie? It doesn't make sense. I'm not lying about this...
Old 02-28-2004, 04:25 PM
Dr. TLS

Well, in light of these new additions to the kill story, I think it's entirely plausible. Sorry for jumping on you.
Old 02-29-2004, 08:58 PM
Pro

Damn, a lotta people getting raped here...
Old 02-29-2004, 08:59 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by LegendCpeGS
Damn, a lotta people getting raped here...
you mean in terms of racing...or ppl on this forum biting other members heads off for posting so called "lies" in regards to races they had???

Like I said, my story is 100% true...i don't bring lies to this forum!!!
Old 02-29-2004, 09:07 PM
Safety Car

Yeah, so knock women drivers, but ignore the extra weight she had in the car.... reputation?? what reputation?
Old 02-29-2004, 09:11 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by PeterUbers
Yeah, so knock women drivers, but ignore the extra weight she had in the car.... reputation?? what reputation?
dude why are you getting so defensive??? Come on man...you and I both know that women drivers tend to be way more aggressive. i know that on many occassions when I'm trying to get into the right or left lane, I put my signal, and some maniac comes speeding down and I have to wait until they pass. Usually when I look over, it's some woman driver who pretends like you're not even there. And when you manage to avoid an accident and give them the dirtiest look at the next light, they keep their vision forward as if you don't even exist...

bottom line, women are very aggressive drivers, and in my cousin's girl's case, she can't seem to handle the power

but don't get defensive, I'm just stating my opinion, if you don't like it, than that's your perogative, and this doesn't apply to all women, just the one's who possess the above driving habits.
Old 02-29-2004, 10:05 PM
Dr. TLS

Originally posted by sc354
dude why are you getting so defensive??? Come on man...you and I both know that women drivers tend to be way more aggressive. i know that on many occassions when I'm trying to get into the right or left lane, I put my signal, and some maniac comes speeding down and I have to wait until they pass. Usually when I look over, it's some woman driver who pretends like you're not even there. And when you manage to avoid an accident and give them the dirtiest look at the next light, they keep their vision forward as if you don't even exist...

bottom line, women are very aggressive drivers, and in my cousin's girl's case, she can't seem to handle the power

but don't get defensive, I'm just stating my opinion, if you don't like it, than that's your perogative, and this doesn't apply to all women, just the one's who possess the above driving habits.
Acutally, I agree that there are a lot of idiot women drivers out there. Most of them are in SUVs and don't understand the concept of turn signals and sharing the roads with other taxpayers.
Old 02-29-2004, 10:08 PM
Purchased: April 28, 2001

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This is a semi-unfair race because...

You were in 2nd gear to start (in SS), while whe cruised @ 5th. The reason why you jumped ahead of her every time is because while you floored the pedal to go forward, her car had to pause and downshift first.
Old 02-29-2004, 10:33 PM
Three Wheelin'

Re: This is a semi-unfair race because...

Originally posted by edgalang
You were in 2nd gear to start (in SS), while whe cruised @ 5th. The reason why you jumped ahead of her every time is because while you floored the pedal to go forward, her car had to pause and downshift first.
my cousin was gate shifting for her. She was also in 2nd gear...she was driving, while he was shifting for her. He's an awesome driver so I have no doubt that they were pushing the accord to its limits...
Old 03-01-2004, 07:32 AM
Drifting

Re: 2004 Honda Accord??? Bring it on!!!

I don't need to give you guys details, but basically I raced my cousin's girlfriend. She drives a 2004 Honda Accord Coupe (V6), but it's auto. Anyhow, I was surprised when I looked in and saw no SS mode on the thing. Anyhow, we launched it off the line. We were literally neck to neck until about end of first, then my TL-S woke up, got an extra shot of VTEC, and pulled 1-2 cars ahead. We did this launch 4 times, and everytime the same outcome. Then we raced from 80 km/h (50 MPH). I kept the car in SS mode and put it in 2nd gear. She simply floored the gas, and my god how I blew past her. Her face was priceless seeing as she had a V6 also, and just because I'm more experienced then her (racing), I fu(king raped her!!!

hahaha women drivers!!! no offense Type S Lady!!!
Don't push is sc354, before I drive to Toronto and rape that A-Spec!HAHAHAHAHA
Old 03-01-2004, 07:35 AM
Drifting

did I forget to mention she had extra weight in her car? She had like 100 lbs of **** in the trunk, and an extra passenger (my cousin) with her. So could that have been a factor in why I beat her by 1-2 cars???

Guys why would I make something like this up??? I'm simply providing you guys with a scenario that I thought you would enjoy to hear...but obviously not...
I enjoyed hearing your story, GOOD KILL!
Old 03-01-2004, 03:15 PM
Pro

those v6 accords are pretty quick but i doubt they are faster then a tl-s, a while back some kid in one of those was flooring it at every light... a light down we both lined up. i torque braked launched got some wheel spin for about 2 seconds simply passed him but he couldnt catch up he was about half a car behind me we went all the way till about 100 then slammed on our brakes for the next light, then he turned. i have no problem in believing jeff whoopped da **** out of that accord.
Old 03-01-2004, 03:36 PM
El Presidente

can u explain "torque braking"? thankz
Old 03-01-2004, 03:49 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by Dark DJ
can u explain "torque braking"? thankz
when you hold your brakes pretty much down to the floor, and then you put the gas right to the floor with your right foor. This essentially heats up the torque converter, and when the light turns green, you release the brake which launches the car forward, giving you one of the best possible starts.

It's not bad on the car, so long as you don't do this on a daily basis. I tend to do it about 1-2 times per month...that won't hurt your car.
Old 03-01-2004, 05:56 PM
Liquid Ice

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts
when you hold your brakes pretty much down to the floor, and then you put the gas right to the floor with your right foor. This essentially heats up the torque converter, and when the light turns green, you release the brake which launches the car forward, giving you one of the best possible starts.

It's not bad on the car, so long as you don't do this on a daily basis. I tend to do it about 1-2 times per month...that won't hurt your car.
I wouldn't say that brake torquing means flooring both the gas and the brakes ... that would spell disaster for your tranny. brake torquing is like you said pressing both the brake and the gas... but usually you only apply a small amount of gas, maybe to get the engine revving at 2000rpms or so, so you can launch at 2000 rpms or something similar. Launching at too high of an rpm would cause the car to spin like crazy and you'd most likely lose a race.

If when you're brake torquing, you're flooring the gas and revving the engine up to redline before you release the brakes ... and doing it 2 times a month you're gonna have major problems with your car down the road.

Not trying to be hostile or anything, just a word of caution.
Old 03-01-2004, 06:30 PM
Drifting

Re: Re: This is a semi-unfair race because...

my cousin was gate shifting for her. She was also in 2nd gear...she was driving, while he was shifting for her. He's an awesome driver so I have no doubt that they were pushing the accord to its limits...
lol...you have an excuse for everyoens comment....i bleeive you beat her...but not by 1-2 car lengths "vehicles in mirror are closer then they appear"....maybe if you explained rthe story better i nthe first place so many people wouldnt be calling bs...giving all these excuses "she has 700khm" "she had 100 pounds in the trunk (did you weigh that btw) and her cousin" " her cusin gateshifted for her"....saying all thuis after the fact makes it sound slike you bsing even more....also that "extra shot" of vtec you said in your original post....shes got vtec too....so...for you to shoot past her from hitting vtec doesnt make sense...

anyway...goodkill....bad story
Old 03-01-2004, 07:03 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by LiQiCE
I wouldn't say that brake torquing means flooring both the gas and the brakes ... that would spell disaster for your tranny. brake torquing is like you said pressing both the brake and the gas... but usually you only apply a small amount of gas, maybe to get the engine revving at 2000rpms or so, so you can launch at 2000 rpms or something similar. Launching at too high of an rpm would cause the car to spin like crazy and you'd most likely lose a race.

If when you're brake torquing, you're flooring the gas and revving the engine up to redline before you release the brakes ... and doing it 2 times a month you're gonna have major problems with your car down the road.

Not trying to be hostile or anything, just a word of caution.
actually I believe your allegation in regards to messing up the tranny is wrong. I agree with you that it puts more strain on the engine, however the torque converter is put there in order for you not to mess up your car. If you ever do this as a test, you will notice that no matter how far down you push the gas, the RPM's will not exceed 2000RPM. This is due to the torque converter limiting the amount of power to the engine when it senses the brakes applied. So in any case, you may as well floor the gas, so that you don't have that delay between releasing the brakes, and applying more gas....

it's a lot simpler that way.
Old 03-01-2004, 07:05 PM
Three Wheelin'

Re: Re: Re: This is a semi-unfair race because...

Originally posted by njtls
lol...you have an excuse for everyoens comment....i bleeive you beat her...but not by 1-2 car lengths "vehicles in mirror are closer then they appear"....maybe if you explained rthe story better i nthe first place so many people wouldnt be calling bs...giving all these excuses "she has 700khm" "she had 100 pounds in the trunk (did you weigh that btw) and her cousin" " her cusin gateshifted for her"....saying all thuis after the fact makes it sound slike you bsing even more....also that "extra shot" of vtec you said in your original post....shes got vtec too....so...for you to shoot past her from hitting vtec doesnt make sense...

sorry if I didn't sound to credible, but I wrote the story later at night. Anyways, like I stated earlier, i bring nothing less than truth to this forum. It would be of utmost disrespect to many of you members, and a total waste of my time for that matter.

anyways, I apologize for not being as informal in my original post...can you guys every forgive me

j/k...anyways, keep safe...and limit yourself to the number of races
Old 03-01-2004, 07:05 PM
Three Wheelin'

Re: Re: Re: This is a semi-unfair race because...

Originally posted by njtls

sorry if I didn't sound to credible, but I wrote the story later at night. Anyways, like I stated earlier, i bring nothing less than truth to this forum. It would be of utmost disrespect to many of you members, and a total waste of my time for that matter.

anyways, I apologize for not being as informal in my original post...can you guys every forgive me

j/k...anyways, keep safe...and limit yourself to the number of races you take part in!!!

Sorry for posting twice...I don't know what the hell happened.