2000 Tl

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2004, 04:08 PM
UB6IB9

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2000 Tl

What major problems do the 00 TLs have? I asked the dealer and they told me absolutly nothing?(If it makes a difference i live in Montreal Canada. )
Should i beleive the dealer?
Old 04-24-2004, 04:21 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
when you buy the car ask for a tranny in advance... to spare headache for him...
Old 04-24-2004, 07:06 PM
Burning Brakes

I have a 2K TL-P that I bought, used, last May. I love my car and do not regret my decision to buy my TL. I haven't had any major problems with my car - mostly small things and since my car is under warranty (it's under 50K plus it's been certified, which bumps the 50K factory warranty up to like 65K). Since I've had the car, here is what I've had the dealer fix - all under warranty - no cost to me:

Power Driver's Seat Rails (seat rocked a bit - dealer replaced the rails)
Rear, left, interior door panel (previous owner probably did something funny while closing the door, and the panel was pulling away from the plastic plate the window switch is housed in - dealer replaced the entire panel)
Master Cylinder (Parking brake light wouldn't go out one morning after the parking brake was released - dealer replaced – had something to do with a sudden cold snap we had according to the dealer)
HVAC Fan (another problem the car had from the previous owner. I think some debris got down in the HVAC system and was contacting the blades of the fan, so it made a clicking sound when the system was turned up - dealer replaced the fan and cleaned out the system)
Navi Screen (Dealer noticed something funny, that I never witnessed myself, with the navi display when I brought the car in for a service - dealer replaced the screen)

All of the above, except for the door panel, was replaced the same day I brought my car in for service. I don't believe any of this stuff is chronic with 2K TL's. My best advice would be to make sure the car is certified, because you never know what you'll notice that you will want fixed. I think you'll be very happy with the car though!
Old 04-24-2004, 07:39 PM
UB6IB9

Originally Posted by orcaatk
I have a 2K TL-P that I bought, used, last May. I love my car and do not regret my decision to buy my TL. I haven't had any major problems with my car - mostly small things and since my car is under warranty (it's under 50K plus it's been certified, which bumps the 50K factory warranty up to like 65K). Since I've had the car, here is what I've had the dealer fix - all under warranty - no cost to me:

Power Driver's Seat Rails (seat rocked a bit - dealer replaced the rails)
Rear, left, interior door panel (previous owner probably did something funny while closing the door, and the panel was pulling away from the plastic plate the window switch is housed in - dealer replaced the entire panel)
Master Cylinder (Parking brake light wouldn't go out one morning after the parking brake was released - dealer replaced – had something to do with a sudden cold snap we had according to the dealer)
HVAC Fan (another problem the car had from the previous owner. I think some debris got down in the HVAC system and was contacting the blades of the fan, so it made a clicking sound when the system was turned up - dealer replaced the fan and cleaned out the system)
Navi Screen (Dealer noticed something funny, that I never witnessed myself, with the navi display when I brought the car in for a service - dealer replaced the screen)

All of the above, except for the door panel, was replaced the same day I brought my car in for service. I don't believe any of this stuff is chronic with 2K TL's. My best advice would be to make sure the car is certified, because you never know what you'll notice that you will want fixed. I think you'll be very happy with the car though!
I have the same problem with the driver side seat.
Old 04-24-2004, 08:17 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
i only have the seat problem.
Old 04-25-2004, 11:54 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have had my y2k tl for almost four years now. The only repairs have been the moonroof rattle, the seat squeek, and one window switch replacement. Mechanically, the car has been flawless. I am getting ready to replace it because I get bored after 4 years with the same car.
Old 04-27-2004, 06:42 AM
UB6IB9

Went To The Dealer To Fix The Srs Problem And I Told Him To Take It For A Test Drive Cause I'm Hearing This Rattle,now I Have To Go Back And Change Some Bushing In The Rear.