2 questions, regarding dual-stage induction and alarm

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2001, 02:39 AM
MB-Fanatic w/TL-S

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post 2 questions, regarding dual-stage induction and alarm

First of all, I press the "Lock" button on the remote, lights would flash, and doors locked, and if I press it again, there is a BEEP sound. What is the BEEP sound for?? Shouldn't it BEEP on the first press of the button(Lexus/BMW beeps as soon as you lock the car with remote).

Also, I have seen many threads regarding the failure of Dual-Stage induction on CLs, what are the symptoms of such failure??

Thnx

Andy Kuo

------------------
'92 Mercedes-Benz 400SE
Pearl Grey/Black

'02 Acura TL-S
Satin Silver/Ebony

Mercedes-Benz S-Class
Old 04-27-2001, 03:38 AM

The first time is silent so that you don't disturb the neighbors. You press a second time only if you want the audible confirmation. That works well for me because I live in an apartment complex.

As for your other question... I have no clue.
Old 04-27-2001, 08:09 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts

Here's some info on the Induction question....
http://www.acura-cl.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/004495.html
http://rrw.d2g.com/techshop/plenum0.html
http://www.acura-cl.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000035.html

That's all I could find for now. Head over to acura-cl.com and do a search. Maybe you'll have more luck if you use different key words. I just searched for IMRC....

------------------
1998 Acura CL 3.0 (Iced Blue) ** Some mods, but who cares,
I want a Type-S... (CL or TL)!!

Moderator - 1st Gen Forum @ www.acura-cl.com
Old 04-27-2001, 08:45 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
Originally posted by DROCCaDNOH:
The first time is silent so that you don't disturb the neighbors. You press a second time only if you want the audible confirmation. That works well for me because I live in an apartment complex.

As for your other question... I have no clue.
Close, but the first click locks the car. The second sets the alarm. If you don't click it twice, it will set itself after I think 30 seconds. So, if you're in a bad neighborhood, click it twice. Not that the factory alarm is gonna do sh!t for you, but it is piece of mind.

See if yours does this. I have an aftermarket alarm, so I can't remember exactly how it works.

When you click the lock button on the remote once, stand next to the driver's window. Look at the red light next to the door lock knob thingee by the window. You'll see that if you click it once, it does not illuminate. If you wait a few seconds, it will go on, and blink I think.

If you click the button twice on the remote the light goes on immediately, indicating that the theft deterrant system is armed.

------------------
1999 Satin Silver Metallic 3.2 TL w/o Navigation
  • 18x8 Racing Hart C2s with 225/40ZR18 Dunlop SP Sport 9000
  • Comptech Springs, Sways, Exhaust, and Headers
  • Red AEM CAI w/bypass valve
  • A'PEXi Digital VTEC AFC
  • Denso Iridium Plugs
  • Custom Mugen Grill
  • Inspire Tail Lights
  • Factory Underbody Kit and Spoiler
  • Clifford Intelliguard 9000 Alarm w/SmartWindows II
  • Alpine 6 disk CD Changer
  • BEL 945i Cordless Radar Detector
  • Burlwood Shift Knob & Trunk Tray
  • 20% tint

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by NSXNEXT on April 27, 2001 @ ]</font>
Old 04-27-2001, 10:23 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The security light on my 2000 comes on after the first click. The only reason to press the LOCK button twice is to get an audible confirmation.

------------------
2000 WDP 3.2TL non-NAV
AEM CAI
Old 04-27-2001, 10:44 AM
6 speed...

Originally posted by NSXNEXT:
Close, but the first click locks the car. The second sets the alarm. If you don't click it twice, it will set itself after I think 30 seconds....When you click the lock button on the remote once, stand next to the driver's window. Look at the red light next to the door lock knob thingee by the window. You'll see that if you click it once, it does not illuminate. If you wait a few seconds, it will go on, and blink I think.

If you click the button twice on the remote the light goes on immediately, indicating that the theft deterrant system is armed.

I guess an easy way to test whether the arming of the alarm is delayed with the first press and immediate with the second would be to lock the doors with a single press and then use the key to unlock and open the door. if the alarm fails to sound, there must be a delay built in with the first button press...
Old 04-27-2001, 12:28 PM

Originally posted by JTang:
I think that you can always open your car with the key without the fob. This alarm is not dependant on the remote. The key issue is only an issue with aftermarket real alarms

If you unlock the door with the key, you need to put the key in the ignition and start the car. I believe this turns off the alarm.

Old 04-27-2001, 01:47 PM
MCD
Instructor

Cool

You mean we can use our keys to open the doors?

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by MCD on April 27, 2001 @ ]</font>
Old 04-27-2001, 01:52 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Cool

Originally posted by MCD:
You mean we can use our keys to open the doors?

LMAO!!

Old 04-27-2001, 02:17 PM

In the manual I think it says the beep is for the blind driver who can't see the light.
Old 04-27-2001, 02:23 PM

Read the manual. The ONLY purpose of pushing the remote lock button twice is to HEAR an audible sound for confirmation.

Old 04-27-2001, 11:00 PM
MB-Fanatic w/TL-S

Thumbs up

Thnx for the info and especially the links!!! Have you guys checked the actuator?? Wonder if we might also have the defect actuator as our TL-S shares the same engine with CL-S.....

BTW, try the alarm trick, the alarm armed with the first press, and beeps on second. Guess the 2nd press is a confirmation beep..

Thnx again
Andy Kuo

------------------
'92 Mercedes-Benz 400SE
Pearl Grey/Black

'02 Acura TL-S
Satin Silver/Ebony

Mercedes-Benz S-Class
Old 04-27-2001, 11:35 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by tankmonkey:
I guess an easy way to test whether the arming of the alarm is delayed with the first press and immediate with the second would be to lock the doors with a single press and then use the key to unlock and open the door. if the alarm fails to sound, there must be a delay built in with the first button press...
I think that you can always open your car with the key without the fob. This alarm is not dependant on the remote. The key issue is only an issue with aftermarket real alarms

Old 04-27-2001, 11:46 PM
6 speed...

Originally posted by JTang:

my factory alarm goes off if a key is used in the door without first disarming the security system. I don't think the door has a sensor to tell whether the key is authorized or not, so the alarm *should* go off if the door is opened while the system is armed, right?

of course, I have a cl-s rather than the tl-s, but I can't imagine they'd differ in this regard.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by tankmonkey on April 27, 2001 @ ]</font>