1 month and my car is still in the shop!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2001, 06:15 PM

Unhappy 1 month and my car is still in the shop!

Its been over a month now since I got run off the road, and my car is still in the shop. I know it takes time for parts to come to be shipped in, come on...a month. Originally they told me that this friday would be the absolute outside, and then today I called and they still have no idea when my car will be ready.
Old 03-14-2001, 06:24 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tell them that you want to see your car. They prob did not even start working on your car yet
Old 03-15-2001, 08:08 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was in a head on accident in my accord before and it took 2-3 months to fix
Old 03-15-2001, 08:40 AM
Team Owner

Received 2,214 Likes on 1,211 Posts
Make sure you go over that car with a fine tooth comb before you accept it. If you can, bring another TL with you to the shop to compare. Make sure the gaps are right and the paint! If it's not right make them fix it. My buddy smashed his BMW and it took them 3 tries before they got it right, and then he still noticed overspray 3 days later. He was pissed! Trust me, if you don't do this and you find something wrong with it a month later you will hate your car and eventually get rid of it.

After you accept it, you might want to drive it right over to the dealer and let them take a look.

Old 03-15-2001, 09:07 AM

I got T-Boned a few months ago (not in a TL) and it took a month to get it reapired, I as so ready to get out of my rental that I just jumped into my car and went and I regret it now! The door doesn't close tightly (can hear wind blowing as I drive), and the paint job isn't perfect, it's an old car, but I'm buying a new TL-S in a couple of weeks and I had my car looked at and found out that I basically lost about $1000 off my trade in because of that, so like others have said MAKE SURE THEY FIX IT RIGHT!!! it's worth the extra time!

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by Epiphyte on March 15, 2001 @ ]</font>
Old 03-15-2001, 03:08 PM

I agree with what many of you say but certain body shop owners are excellent. I went to a particular body shop because allstate guarantees their work for as long as I own my car. the body shop owner is excellent also and I love dealing with them.. as I have had 4 accidents.. They fix my car perfectly and even if I find something wrong after I drive home they are more than willing to fix it for free whenever I get a chance to bring it back. I kept on putting off a hood realignment for almost 7 months and finally he called my house and scheduled an appt to force me to get it done. (the hood rattled a little bit when you close the driver door because there was a little too much gap in the latch). Some body shop owners are crooks but there are many that go out of their way to help you out even after the work has been completed. Also most paint is warrantied by body shops for as long as you own your car.. if anyone in northern jersey needs a referral drop me a line. the place is Union collision and they do amazing work..
Old 03-15-2001, 03:14 PM
O.G.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by shamski:
Also most paint is warrantied by body shops for as long as you own your car.. if anyone in northern jersey needs a referral drop me a line. the place is Union collision and they do amazing work..
Hey shamski

YOU GOT MAIL!!!