03 Type-S Radiator and Condenser Fan Questions.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 11:10 PM
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
03 Type-S Radiator and Condenser Fan Questions.....

I had an issue with my condenser fan and had an overheating issue....long story short I did a full coolant flush, new radiator etc. Ended up replacing the condenser fan with an aftermarket motor anyways I was out bleeding the system and waited for the car to reach normal temp and for the fans to kick on and I never really paid much attention to the fans but does both our fans kick on at the same time or is it just the drivers side that should kick on and the passenger for backup or when the AC is on? Mine appears to be both at the same time. Can anyone confirm this?
Old 07-23-2016, 07:24 PM

Received 1,017 Likes on 867 Posts
Our TL uses both at the same time just at different speeds..
For AC On uses about 25-50% Both fans output at a given set time..

You needed to reach the Heat Mark which uses 100% both fans and the ECU controls for how long they will kick in.
Old 07-24-2016, 10:52 AM
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Skirmich
Our TL uses both at the same time just at different speeds..
For AC On uses about 25-50% Both fans output at a given set time..

You needed to reach the Heat Mark which uses 100% both fans and the ECU controls for how long they will kick in.
Thank you that is exactly what I needed to know! I thought I read somewhere that only the main fan kicks on and the AC kicks on as a backup which I found it to be odd but wanted to make sure. Thanks again!