*HELP* people with the AEM V2

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2005, 09:38 AM
JnC
Former Sponsor

Received 351 Likes on 227 Posts
*HELP* people with the AEM V2

Sup guys, i just installed a AEM V2 CAI on one of my cousins 97 3.0 CL, its the same one that fits the TL-P. In the instructions they mention that the Intake sensor, comes plugged into the intake manifold from the factory, can be plugged into the rubber hoze provided, that leads to the TB, or you can just plug that hole with the hex nut provided and leave the sensor in the manifold. AEM also provided the CAI with wire extender for the Intake air sensor, AEM states that plugging the Sensor this way (into the hose leading to the TB) would void the CARB approval but you will get more power. My question is what did you guys do with that issue?? I mean the car right now is just with the CAI and i havent plugged in the Intake sensor where they suggest that i could. Would it make much of a difference if do take that route??
Old 01-22-2005, 11:27 AM
boo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im a little confused about this statement.

"just plug that hole with the hex nut provided and leave the sensor in the manifold"

Where in the manifold do you leave the sensor since you plugged it up with a bolt?? Do you mean just leave it hanging?

If so since you dont live in California I wouldn't worry too much about voiding the carb. But remember if you plug the intake sensor and leave it hanging, there is a chance that you'll get the check engine light.

My suggestion is give it a try both ways. Wouldn't hurt except maybe some decrease in gas and a CEL.

Unless you also have a 1st gen, I don't recall my 2nd gen TL-P having an intake air sensor on it.
Old 01-22-2005, 12:19 PM
Who Dis Is?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I know what you're talking about and it really won't make a difference. I installed my AEM V2 about 10 months ago it runs fine without it. No dyno, but still gives satisfying gains.
Old 01-22-2005, 12:40 PM
JnC
Former Sponsor

Received 351 Likes on 227 Posts
Originally Posted by benzo555
Im a little confused about this statement.

"just plug that hole with the hex nut provided and leave the sensor in the manifold"

Where in the manifold do you leave the sensor since you plugged it up with a bolt?? Do you mean just leave it hanging?

If so since you dont live in California I wouldn't worry too much about voiding the carb. But remember if you plug the intake sensor and leave it hanging, there is a chance that you'll get the check engine light.

My suggestion is give it a try both ways. Wouldn't hurt except maybe some decrease in gas and a CEL.

Unless you also have a 1st gen, I don't recall my 2nd gen TL-P having an intake air sensor on it.
The Sensor is plugged into the intake manifold, and on the TL and second gen CLs it is tucked under the cover. The intake rubber pipe (the one that links the CAI to the TB) has got an opening in it that is asked to be closed with the HEX nut provided. But AEM says that you can take that the nut out, take the sensor out of the intake manifold and plug it into that hole, and use the hex nut that you just took out and plug it into the manifold from where you took the sensor out. I asume this way you trick the computer to think that there is more air flowing in and the air fuel mixture is adjusted likewise to give a richer mixture. I am leaving it the way it is, and not messing with the sensor, coz they also mentioned that doing it the wrong way would cause the check engine light to come on. BTW i love the sound that the V2 makes and wish they made it for the CL-S and TL-S as well.