Vibration over 60 mph on 2006 RL with new wheels and tires

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2017, 09:17 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vibration over 60 mph on 2006 RL with new wheels and tires

I recently purchased the car from a private party who had just replaced the wheels with Sport Edition SE-14 wheels & new tires. I did not notice any vibration at high speeds when I first got it, but now I'm noticing a vibration that increases over 60 mph. Thought I read in another post something about a vibration in aftermarket wheels having to do with the center hub and using hubcentric rings to correct it, but I could not find the post.
the previous owner had the tires balanced and a new alignment performed. anyone have ideas as to what I should do about this?
Old 06-01-2017, 05:27 AM

Received 999 Likes on 650 Posts
If you don't have hub centric rings then I'd start there otherwise the balance is off or maybe a bent wheel
Old 06-01-2017, 11:51 AM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by teh CL
If you don't have hub centric rings then I'd start there otherwise the balance is off or maybe a bent wheel
Definitely start with the hub centric rings, did you hit a pothole or anything ?
Old 06-01-2017, 08:15 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

thanks for the unanimous vote to try hub centric rings. I will bring that to the attention of the dealer when I bring it in. No, I did not hit a pothole or anything. Have only had the car a few weeks. Give me some time, I'm sure I'll eventually do some damage to it. I took out the same driver's side mirror backing into the garage on two different occasions with my Mercedes. The Acura seems narrower, so less chance to do that again. No guarantees I won't do it again.