I need some measurements

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2016, 09:45 PM
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I need some measurements

I suck at this typa stuff, if anyone can or currently has the access I need the measurements of A, B, D, and E

thanks in advance
Old 12-31-2016, 06:09 PM
Instructor

Im looking at getting wheels for the first time about 15 years and although i knew the RL was a difficult platform i didnt realize just how so. I really dont feel like paying for these basic cheap looking tire rack designs they have available but im trying to keep the complication of application to a minimum.
i really dont want to get into the world of coils and stretching tires fml.
concave looks nice but when youre limited to 8.5 in width its almost useless. Then you have those obnoxious front calipers that limit your lip/steplip depth.

what risk does one run by resorting to spacers? More pressure/stress on the axles?

I found these 20s I like but they dont makem less wide than 9, how much modifying will need to go into making them fit? I really didnt want to go bigger than 19" as to not compromise tire size.

my long term interest in buying the right wheels also lies in the realization that once i run the gambit with the kb1 i will naturally jump into a kb2 so the swap should be painless. Are kb2 wheel welds any bigger than kb1?

p.s i wanted to keep a drop limited to H&Rs
Old 01-01-2017, 12:19 AM
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
i ran 19mm adapters on my ka9 and im planning to run adapters on my kb2. never really had a problem with it unless you have a crazy thick adapter on. theoretically they put added stress on the bearings. i dont track my car tho so it was fine.

width doesnt matter if you dont know the offset. you can have a 8 wide wheel but have negative offset and it not fit and vice versa by having 10 wide but have high offset. if your 9" wide wheel doesnt have crazy low offset you should be able to fit needing, at most, just a fender roll.

i just bagged my kb2 and i could have gotten you the measurements you need if i had known but i dont know if kb1s are the same as kb2s
Old 01-02-2017, 08:41 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 7,244 Likes on 4,855 Posts
TSW makes wheels designed to clear BBKs, and their value is second to none. RonJon makes wheels designed for Honda's, so check them out too. There are hundreds of wheel designs that will fit the RL without spacers.

Regarding your question about 20x9, they may fit without issue. Running 9" wide without mods has happened before. The wheel diameter doesn't matter since you need to adjust tire sidewall height to maintain stock tire diameter.
Old 01-02-2017, 08:57 PM
Instructor

I found a set of 20s cheaper than 19s lol same conpany.. ronjon i cant seem to find a full gallery of what wheels they offer and tsw may be solid but i find a lot of theyre styles conservative and bland like konig.. dime a dozen type shit
any reasons why i should not run 20s? On this car... also whats a good offset for 20x8.5 for a flush look?
thanks for the input
Old 01-04-2017, 01:56 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 7,244 Likes on 4,855 Posts
Only reason to not run 20"s would be ride comfort (smaller tire sidewall), and if you don't lower the car, people will say it has a 4x4 look. That is purely an illusion, but the smaller sidewall with the same wheel gap causes the car to appear raised.
Old 01-04-2017, 02:04 PM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
Originally Posted by Ratheruneeq
any reasons why i should not run 20s? On this car... also whats a good offset for 20x8.5 for a flush look?
thanks for the input
the reason why spy is advocating TSW is because they have wheels that FIT the RL.
I guarantee the wheel you are looking at 8.5 inches across will NOT clear the BBK.

Last edited by justnspace; 01-04-2017 at 02:07 PM.