Chroming Pax Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 09:29 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool Chroming Pax Wheels

Has anyone had the Pax Wheels chromed? Is this something you have to have the dealer do? Any help or suggestions. Gave the wife the car tonight and now she wants the wheels chromed. Already setup for having 3m bra and windows tinted Thursday.
Old 12-15-2006, 11:27 PM
Safety Car

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
You have one lucky wife!

You need to check to see if your dealer has the equipment and the trained personnel to remove the PAX tire and inner support ring from the rim. I have 5 Acura dealers within a couple of hours of me, and not one has the PAX equipment.

Even then, after they dismount the TPMS and valve stems, you will have to take it to chroming shop. Your car will have to remain on the lift or jack stands until the process is complete. With careful coordination, you may be able to do it in 24 hours.

Although it probably does not make a difference, you should check with Michelin to see if chroming is compatible with the system, as the wheels are an integral part of the system, and then hope the mounting machinery does not damage the new finish.

That being said, remember that there is a small chance you will lose a wheel or two.

One of the warranty levels for PAX is Michelin will courier a wheel tire combo within 12 hours to you if you are more than 125 miles away from a PAX certified dealer.

Another way of dealing with the 2 year PAX road hazard warranty is for the dealer to swap out an entire wheel tire combo until such time that they get equipment (if ever) and trained personnel.

So IMHO, I think it is possible, but you would have to do some research, and be willing to take the risk that you could lose a wheel or two.

I would be interested to see what you find out.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:26 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have had many wheels powder coated chrome or black chrome by a company called Motomotion. You can google them to get to their web site or call the owner directly. His name is Mark and he is a pleasure to deal with. I have a machine that will remove the pax tires and ring as well was remount them. PM me if you have any intrest.

Motomotion

Mark - 800 - 725 - 2330
Old 01-12-2007, 08:53 AM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would have interest in this as well if it was feisable. Please keep this thread active if you figure out a place or way to have it done.