Proud new owner

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 02:05 PM
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Acuramon
Curious to know how the USA Spec worked out for you. I had one installed before and it sounded very tinny. I had to make all kinds of adjustments to the stereo just to get it to sound halfway decent. I always wondered if I had just gotten a bad unit or if there was some mistake made during installation.
Originally Posted by baboya96
USA spec works fine for me and I've had it for 3 years now. Integration was very easy.

As for Windsorsa and moonroof visors, I don't have them on my 06 RL but do on 06 MDX. While they don't look that great, they def keep wind noise down. You have to decide whether you want practical or aesthetic. I would never put them on RL personally.
Originally Posted by TonyCD
I have USA Spec. Sounds fine to me.

Man it's been a while since I've posted on here lol.

I've had the USA Spec installed for some time now. I've had no problems with it as well. Seems to work quite fine for me.
Old 01-28-2015, 02:10 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by ep3minivan
2 questions for ya... Can you go lower with those coils or are they maxed out? How much camber were you able to get out when the alignment was done? The car looks amazing. Well done!
Hey, sorry for the very late reply.

In those pictures the suspension was newly installed. They settled down a tiny bit more after 1-2 months.

Hopefully I can post a more recent picture for you. I have the fronts maxed out now and I did some customization with the rear to have the lower too. The rears are actually at the HIGHEST setting but they're still lower than what you see in those pictures.

The camber wasn't adjusted at all. I just put my toe settings to 0. The fronts are at around -1.5 and the rears are around -3.8
Old 02-17-2015, 11:43 PM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice thread..........just recently picked up an 05 so I'm trying to learn more about it
Old 02-25-2015, 06:16 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by vicious cycle
nice thread..........just recently picked up an 05 so I'm trying to learn more about it
Nice! Hopefully you're liking it so far.

I have a few updates to post up soon.
Old 03-06-2015, 06:20 PM
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Fortunately the puncture was not near the wall or you might have had to totally replace the tire. Keep an eye on the tire pressure. Plugged tires sometimes tend to leak. Since the tire is so new it might have been better to have a patch put on the inside. It is a much better repair.
The following users liked this post:
LSMKB1 (03-10-2015)
Old 03-06-2015, 06:33 PM
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
I should add that your car is really beautiful. I have an Grey 06 with Ivory interior and 125K miles. I really like the car. It is totally stock, which I prefer, but you have certainly produced a beauty, especially those wheels. I concur with the others that the moonroof visor is hard to keep clean and can easily damage the paint. Did it reduce wind noise? Aesthetically I think the car looks better without it. And I do not notice any objectionable noise when I have the roof open. Enjoy.
The following users liked this post:
LSMKB1 (03-10-2015)
Old 03-10-2015, 02:44 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by dapqam
Fortunately the puncture was not near the wall or you might have had to totally replace the tire. Keep an eye on the tire pressure. Plugged tires sometimes tend to leak. Since the tire is so new it might have been better to have a patch put on the inside. It is a much better repair.
Originally Posted by dapqam
I should add that your car is really beautiful. I have an Grey 06 with Ivory interior and 125K miles. I really like the car. It is totally stock, which I prefer, but you have certainly produced a beauty, especially those wheels. I concur with the others that the moonroof visor is hard to keep clean and can easily damage the paint. Did it reduce wind noise? Aesthetically I think the car looks better without it. And I do not notice any objectionable noise when I have the roof open. Enjoy.
Yeah I was fortunate with that tire puncture incident. I actually no longer have those tires. I have moved on to a different set.

Thanks for the kind words! The moonroof visor was a trial and error thing haha. While it did reduce wind noise quite a bit, it wasn't worth losing some asthetic appeal of the vehicle. I took it off shortly after installing it.