Nothing That Spectacular

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 09:56 PM
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Nothing That Spectacular

This is the second time I'm posting pics of my car since joining AcuraZine in 2014. Last weekend I decided to spend Saturday detailing the car and on Sunday I went bike riding for the first time this year. In my opening thread after joining the site, I said that I would not be doing hardly any mods except for lighting. Did the typical led bulb upgrades for both interior and exterior lights including front/rear turn signals. It took no time at all to get my hands on a wood shift knob and not too long ago I did the wood steering wheel upgrade. My latest mod was done about a month ago by yours truly Carbon Legend. I was on the fence on doing the quad projector upgrade that he offers but in the end I decided to have my headlamps polished, a clears lens swap, upgraded ballasts, and OSRAM premium HID bulbs installed. The results are amazing and definitely a big help for when I drive on back roads at night that have little to no street lighting. After I received the headlamps back, I took it a step further by having clear film installed on them for added protection. Hopefully the film provide long long lasting protection. I'm pleased with my trunk mount bike rack but not ruling out getting a hitch installed and purchasing a hitch mount bike rack. I did not realize hitch mount bike racks are expensive but I'll make do with my Thule trunk rack.
Attached Thumbnails Nothing That Spectacular-img_2112.jpg   Nothing That Spectacular-img_2113.jpg   Nothing That Spectacular-img_2114.jpg   Nothing That Spectacular-img_2115.jpg  
Old 05-04-2017, 06:07 AM

Received 612 Likes on 490 Posts
Looking good!! Carbon's work is 100% worth it, I've had my quads for a little over 2 years and I've been very happy. It sounds like your setup is similar to mine. What projectors did he use in the high beam slot? People are always blown away by just how much light the quads put out!

Last edited by projektvertx; 05-04-2017 at 06:09 AM.
Old 05-05-2017, 01:08 PM
Instructor

The original plan was to go for the quad setup but I decided not to only because I'd lose the DRL and ability to use the high beam. I don't use the high-beam for driving but instead I use it for "flash to pass". The work he did just for my my low-beams are a huge improvement.

I'm using the stock projector lens he sent back as a magnifying glass at work now
Old 05-05-2017, 01:27 PM

That's great I didn't loose high beam ability since he out a Morimoto Bixenon in the high beam slot but I did loose the DRL functionality. Luckily it doesn't trip the DRL computer on the car.
Old 05-05-2017, 04:11 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 171 Likes on 109 Posts
Originally Posted by projektvertx
That's great I didn't loose high beam ability since he out a Morimoto Bixenon in the high beam slot but I did loose the DRL functionality. Luckily it doesn't trip the DRL computer on the car.
Thats good to know. Loosing high beam capability held me back, but I might consider this mod next winter.

OP your RL looks very clean
Old 05-05-2017, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by MSW 6SP
Thats good to know. Loosing high beam capability held me back, but I might consider this mod next winter.

OP your RL looks very clean
Yup, the no loss of function is when I was set on doing it. I hated the DRLs so having no light on was a plus for me. What I was really concerned about was the electronic being affected in the RL because it's so sensitive. 2 years later and everything is A OK.
The following users liked this post:
MSW 6SP (05-05-2017)
Old 05-06-2017, 06:40 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,687 Likes on 1,303 Posts
nice and clean RL, good job of keep the car clean OP.
Old 05-11-2017, 08:53 PM
Instructor

@MSW_6SP - I recommend it and I only went with the upgrade to the low beam projectors instead of the quad projector setup that @PROJEKTVERTX has which must look sick.

On my way to work the other day, the car was rear-ended while stopped at a red light. The jolt felt so bad and I immediately believed that there was extensive damage in the rear. To my surprise there was hardly any damage to the bumper. The body shop that I've gone to in the past may see further damage beyond the bumper that I cannot see. What is visible are two dimples that were made by the screws that hold the front license plate of the other car. There is also some spider cracking of the paint where the impact was made. Not that I would need it, I do have both front and rear dashcam video of the incident. The other driver said that his foot slipped off the brake but the impact made it seem like he depressed the accelerator. So I'll be without her for a few days while she gets patched up.
Old 05-11-2017, 11:04 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,687 Likes on 1,303 Posts
ouch, I am glad that you are ok.
Old 05-11-2017, 11:10 PM

At least you're fine and have footage of it!
Old 05-17-2017, 08:24 PM
Instructor

Hey thanks guys! Footage from the dashcam will not be needed since the other party admitted he was at fault resulting in his insurance company moving forward with the claim. I took the car yesterday to the adjuster and the damages total $944.00 to have a new bumper painted and installed. The pic shows minimal damage but I guess it cannot be easily repaired. You can easily see the dimples etched into the bumper left by the license plate screws from the other car. What may may be hard to see are spider-line cracks of the paint which seem to have expanded since this photo was taken. The bodyshop guy is somewhat of a perfectionist and stands by his work. That $944.00 figure may increase if he notices that there is damage beyond the bumper which cannot be seen from the outside.