VZW Razor & Acura RL bluetooth problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 06:31 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VZW Razor & Acura RL bluetooth problem

Sorry for the vague title, but I wasn't sure how to word my inquiry to fit in a small space. Basically I have a Verizon Razor phone, and when I link it via Bluetooth to my Acura RL it functions correct except for one thing. When a call is incoming and I want to answer through the phone (not using the Bluetooth in the car) it use to let me, but now it doesn't. I didn't change anything on the phone or the car, but suddenly it stopped working. The dealership and the verizon tech were no help... basically deferring responsibility to either the phone or the car... neither actually troubleshooting it. Verizon did update my phone to the latest firmware. The dealership unpaired and repaired my phone, and we tested it. It still doesn't work. I'll answer the phone call by opening my phone and pressing the talk button, but the car still remains in handsfree mode. I'm sure turning off Bluetooth would work if I wanted all my calls to go through the phone and not the handsfree, but I'd rather not turn it off and on all the time. What could be the problem? Is there a setting with the car to adjust it and make it defer handsfree when the phone is answered by me? Is there a setting on the phone I need to adjust? Any help would be appreciated, and keep in mind this worked for a while, but suddenly stopped.

Thanks
Old 10-13-2006, 09:09 PM
AcurAdmirer

Received 352 Likes on 164 Posts
Wish I could help, but have no idea what's wrong.

In the meantime, if you have a call coming in that is private (and you want to use the handset), I'm sure you know you can answer via handsfree, then push the HF button on the steering wheel and say "Transfer" to move the call back to the handset. Not an elegant solution, but it would at least let you have a conversation without others in the car hearing both sides of it.