signal from head unit, not from amplifier

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 04:04 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
signal from head unit, not from amplifier

I have been looking over the wiring diagrams for the sound system, and have been wondering if I could steal the signal from the headunit before it enters the amplifier. The amplifier is where the ANC signal is fed into, so if I get the signal before there I could avoid the issue of ANC messing up my upgraded audio system.

Since the signal at that point in the chain would be low, I assume I could splice the cables into RCA connectors to feed a signal processor, instead of using the high level inputs.

Also, does ANC just use the factory sub to cancel noise, or does it also use the in door speakers? (I see the rear door woofers and tweeters have separate connections to the amplifier, possibly for ANC to use the rear door woofers to cancel as well) I was thinking if ANC just uses the sub, I could leave the factory sub woofer and amp in place to run ANC while I also have my aftermarket setup.

Thoughts?
Old 03-18-2009, 07:49 PM
Advanced

upon further investigation of the wiring ... it seems that the navigation unit and the HFL unit both send their audio output signals directly to the amplifier. This makes sense, since you want to be able to use nav or phone without the radio at all.

Has anyone looked into this in the past? I have searched to no avail.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:37 AM
2005 Acura RL ASpec

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Best solution I think if you want to add subs or get better sound is to purchase a Rockford Fosgate 360.2 or the JL Cleansweep.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:06 PM
Advanced

I agree, but the problem I was trying to avoid is disconnecting the ANC. I wanted to use a 3SIXTY.2 or similar while maintaining the ANC through factory sub.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:12 PM
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
I personally will be attempting the install on my own RL with progress photos if i have time along the way. BUT i will be pulling the mic on the ANC and NOT using the factory sub. Im surprised that if you are going to be upgrading the interior mids/highs that you would keep such a lack luster subwoofer as well. I have yet to hear of anybody successfully installing keeping the rear mic ANC still active and working unfortunately though. Want to trade wiring diagrams and info? Im waiting on a gentleman to send me another one via email and i have a color/loc chart also that seems a little generic but its all that i could find online so far. I think the email tech sheet will be more useful if i ever get it.

Ill be using a MTX RE-Q5 for the signal process mainly because it has the auto summing to clear up any problems i would have with weak signal. This is my origional plan but might go to a Audio Control unit if at the last minute i must be a stupid ass and spend more money.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:20 PM
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
Here is the generic color/loc chart i got from another installer forum if you didnt already have it

Battery BLUE/WHITE (+) RADIO HARNESS
Accesory YELLOW/RED (+) RADIO HARNESS
Ground BLACK (-) RADIO HARNESS
Illumination RED/BLACK (+) RADIO HARNESS
LF Speaker (+) BLUE/GREEN
LF Speaker (-) GRAY/BLACK
RF Speaker (+) RED/GREEN
RF Speaker (-) BROWN/BLACK
LR Speaker (+) BLUE/YELLOW
LR Speaker (-) GRAY/WHITE
RR Speaker (+) RED/YELLOW
RR Speaker (-) BROWN/WHITE
Steering Cntrls NO
Speed Cntrl NO
Radio Security YES
Old 03-19-2009, 09:53 PM
Advanced

I want to keep the factory sub working for -just- ANC, and my own aftermarket sub for the stereo. So I guess there would be two subwoofers.

For the wiring diagrams, I found them through a library database that also had TSB's (I forget the link right now, I will look for it)