Samsung A900 pairing

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 08:56 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Samsung A900 pairing

I've seen from some archived posts that some people have gotten this to work. I bought an A900 today, and can pair it with my 2006 RL. Everything seems to work during the pairing process, but when I try to make a call my RL tells me that "No phones can be found".

The Acura shows up in the phone's list of paired Bluetooth devices, and of course Bluetooth is turned on. I tried a software update on the phone but the phone says there are none available (i.e. I have the latest).

Any ideas?
Old 05-22-2006, 05:36 AM
'06 RL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That phone just doesn't work with the RL. It's sad, because it's a great phone... but Samsung's implementation of the BT "standard" (how can it be a standard if they're all freakin' different???!??) doesn't play nice with Acura.

In the week I had one, I managed to get the phone to pair and make calls but it wouldn't hang up, and I couldn't answer an incoming call. Made it pretty worthless.

It's also not Macintosh iSync compatible, either, so I sadly wound up taking it back to Sprint.
Old 05-22-2006, 07:12 PM
Advanced

That's exactly where I am now: I can make calls, but cannot hang up and cannot answer an incoming call.

You'd think the Bluetooth spec would be solid enough now so that something as trivial as a Hands Free link would work reliably across any device that implemented the spec, wouldn't you?
Old 05-24-2006, 06:33 PM
Intermediate

Apparently the Korean makers' phones are generally deficient in their Bluetooth implementations.

I can tell you that they aren't present in the Bluetooth standards meetings and regular test gatherings ... hmm, just a hunch ... maybe that has something to do with Bluetooth not working well on their phones.
Old 05-24-2006, 10:29 PM
'06 RL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RLtechie
Apparently the Korean makers' phones are generally deficient in their Bluetooth implementations.

I can tell you that they aren't present in the Bluetooth standards meetings and regular test gatherings ... hmm, just a hunch ... maybe that has something to do with Bluetooth not working well on their phones.
Yeah, but the Japanese, Scandinavian, and American makers all have different issues, too -- note the list of RL-compatible phones, where even manufacturer by manufacturer, some phones work and some don't, and some have features that work (battery life indicator, call waiting, signal strength, data connection) and some don't... they're just all over the place.

A standard ought to be a standard, period. Let's hope that wireless USB does better....