No phone data connection with approved phone

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 06:04 PM
My name is RL.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No phone data connection with approved phone

Anyone using a SonyEricsson W600i with the HandsFreeLink and the data connection? My primary phone is a Blackberry 8820 but occasionally I use my W600i on the weekends (not as bulky and seeing work emails on the weekends is not my idea of "getting away"). The W600i pairs just fine, transfers calls correctly, displays signal, battery and roaming, great call quality over the handsfree system etc. just like it is supposed to do. The problem is it will not make the data connection. Once I enter the settings, I test the connection and it disconnects the handsfree, reconnects to the phone for a second and then disconnects again. The phone never displays an error but the navigation displays a message indicating it failed. I have used all permutations of the settings below (with the APN, without the APN, etc.) and I have also used the *99***1# connect number but no dice.

I also connected the W600i to both my work and personal notebooks as a bluetooth modem and made data connections using the settings below. It works perfectly every time on both notebooks. And the settings in the phone data connection are pretty much like the settings below. I am able to browse the web with the WAP browser on the phone. So, I am a little puzzled. I had a V3 loaner from Cingular for a short time and it connected just fine so it has connected in the past just not with this W600i Anybody have any suggestions? Anyone using this phone right now? Thanks.

Connection Name: at&t
Connection #: *99# wap.cingular
Username: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
Password: CINGULAR1