NavLink not working after letting XM expire

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007 | 12:42 PM
10th Gear

NavLink not working after letting XM expire

So I let my XM subscription expire and renewed it for the sweet deal, but now it doesn't work at all. I've read some threads suggesting the removal of the fuse for the radio, but was just wondering if anyone had any other suggestions. The woman at XM said my subscription did include the NavLink, so I can't think of why it's not working. Thanks for any help!
Old 06-05-2007 | 01:53 PM
'06 RL

Originally Posted by bender13
So I let my XM subscription expire and renewed it for the sweet deal, but now it doesn't work at all. I've read some threads suggesting the removal of the fuse for the radio, but was just wondering if anyone had any other suggestions. The woman at XM said my subscription did include the NavLink, so I can't think of why it's not working. Thanks for any help!
Call XM (or go online) and get them to refresh your radio. You then have to let it sit for 15 minutes on and with signal, till it acquires.

That should do it. Also, make sure you have the zoom set in the navigation band.

(always check the obvious...)
Old 06-05-2007 | 03:27 PM
Advanced

Bender,

Have your radio ID handy and goto this link to refresh your XM Navi...

http://xmradio.com/refresh/

The car has to be outside - took about 10 minutes for mine to refresh.
Old 06-05-2007 | 05:43 PM
10th Gear

Thanks everyone for the suggestions! For some reason I figured that driving it to work would be enough, but apparently I was wrong. I wonder if I can refresh it, then drive it to work. Anyways, thanks for all the help!
Old 06-06-2007 | 11:17 AM
10th Gear

So I followed the advice, and it worked out beautifully. Thank you again for all the help. I'm amazed at how much I missed the traffic display. Have to love the RL!