NAV control unit

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 10:14 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NAV control unit

Had an issue with my NAV system rebooting periodically during trips. I've noticed three separate reboots since owning the car for two months now. The dealer is in process of replacing the NAV conrol unit. Anyone else experience this? My VIN is in the 16000 range.
Old 09-30-2005, 08:40 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
reply to original post and added some other stuff

Originally Posted by lachancs
Had an issue with my NAV system rebooting periodically during trips. I've noticed three separate reboots since owning the car for two months now. The dealer is in process of replacing the NAV conrol unit. Anyone else experience this? My VIN is in the 16000 range.

Last week, on a 45 mile trip, I had 2 reboots. Experienced no problems on return trip after restarting car. Somewhere around 12,000 miles. First time this has happened to me. I don't know how to read my VIN. The first # is in the 16,000's and the 2nd # is in the 7000's.

Why are they replacing your Nav?

OT, but other minor irritations currently needing attention on my car and a couple of things working ok:

Following Katrina and due to shortages in premium gas, I parked the car, except for moving it for washing, waxing, etc., for almost 3 weeks. During the shut down, did not have any battery problems that I'm aware of...car didn't go dead.

On the negative side, Onstar has lost all remaining minutes, which I only noticed last week. Have XM delay issue, but radio does not jump around to something else. Don't know about traffic monitoring option because all of bluemuleville is outside metro areas with that option...system doesn't monitor rednecks in beatup pickups. Haven't noticed any transmission problems. Sometimes the passenger door will not lock when touching the handle...this anomaly may be getting worse. Sometimes when cranking up the car, the little light in memory button #1 does not light...that's been happening from the gitgo.

My dealer is not local, so I called to see whether they had the equipment and parts to perform the three items in the TSB everyone is discussing...new service manager (oh no!)...they didn't return my call this week as promised, so will get back with them sometime in the near future about service. I have yet to receive any notice from Acura regarding the TSB.

Anyone who remembers a couple of my earlier posts about no more messages after I changed the car settings so that the Razr would work with the AcuraServer...I believe I should have gotten a full 3 months of messages, because that's what my manual says. Something is not quite right about that.

Getting 26/27 mpg on open road and except for lingering insecurity at these things going wrong, still enjoying car very much. Fit and finish is excellent...much better than other vehicles I've looked at. Will take a look at the 2006 model and am somewhat interested in trading up. A trade would have to be fairly painless financially and get more options (like a back up camera, for pete sakes!!) to make that attractive...also I want to know that all these little glitches have been ironed out.

Fred
Old 10-05-2005, 09:24 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by bluemule

Getting 26/27 mpg on open road and except for lingering insecurity at these things going wrong, still enjoying car very much. Fit and finish is excellent...much better than other vehicles I've looked at. Will take a look at the 2006 model and am somewhat interested in trading up. A trade would have to be fairly painless financially and get more options (like a back up camera, for pete sakes!!) to make that attractive...also I want to know that all these little glitches have been ironed out.

Fred
It will probably cost you 10K plus taxes to trade for a 2006. The problems or so called glitches will still be there. Spending 10K for the same problem, "NOT GOOD".
When and if the glitches are ironed out then maybe.

Just like the Transmission problem in the 1999 thru 2003 TL. They(ACURA) NEVER XAME UP WITH A TRUE FIX. All they did was to extend the tranny warranty to 7 years 100M miles. Check out the TL forms and you will see TL owners on their 3,4th and more transmission.

Same will probably be true with the NAVI unit in the 2005 RL. They will continue to replace the unit only to create another problem.

Sorry to be so pesimistic but for $50 K something is wrong here.