My XM Is Kaflooey

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007 | 10:27 AM
Racer

My XM Is Kaflooey

My RL will not stay hooked up to XM. It has been working fine the past 8 months. There were times it when it would revert to the not registered status (channel 001 preview stuff), but the next time I started the car it usually gave full XM service. In the past week it has been off XM more than on XM and now is completely off XM. My account is okay at XM. I go through the radio refreshing routine and usually it is back to normal operation. However, this weekend the radio refresh did not work and the darn radio would not let me scroll to channel 7 and 175 to confirm/set the refresh. It would go up to channel 10 and then flip back to 001. Maddening situation.

Think my radio has a problem? Anyone experience a similar situation? If so, was the problem on XM's end or with your car's radio? Thanks for any and all suggestions.
wstr
Old 09-10-2007 | 12:23 PM
Safety Car

I have not experienced your symptoms, but this weekedn I did have an issue on Saturday for a while. The XM volume was not working, i.e., it was totally silent. However, the display showed all the channels (at least the ones I usually listen to) as well as Artist/Song.
Other audio worked fine - FM, AM, CD. When I got back into the car later Saturday night, XM volume back to normal.
Old 09-10-2007 | 12:59 PM
Drifting

Been there, done that. I had to have my radio replaced. All is well again!
Old 09-10-2007 | 04:21 PM
Racer

Treblig, thanks for your response. Did the Acura place up and replace your radio or was there some feet shuffling on their part?
Old 09-10-2007 | 05:16 PM
'10 A5 & '07 TL

Originally Posted by wstr75
My RL will not stay hooked up to XM. It has been working fine the past 8 months. There were times it when it would revert to the not registered status (channel 001 preview stuff), but the next time I started the car it usually gave full XM service. In the past week it has been off XM more than on XM and now is completely off XM. My account is okay at XM. I go through the radio refreshing routine and usually it is back to normal operation. However, this weekend the radio refresh did not work and the darn radio would not let me scroll to channel 7 and 175 to confirm/set the refresh. It would go up to channel 10 and then flip back to 001. Maddening situation.

Think my radio has a problem? Anyone experience a similar situation? If so, was the problem on XM's end or with your car's radio? Thanks for any and all suggestions.
wstr
I had mine in the shop for a similar issue. Mine would play a channel, then go to a "loading" status. After a few seconds of this it would then go to channel 1! I'd put it back on 113, which it would play while displaying 'loading' and then wham! back to channel 1.

They ended up replacing the battery on the 2nd trip and the XM unit on the 3rd vist.

Have them replace your XM unit. Although from what I can gather, strange things happen when the RL has low battery voltage.
Old 09-11-2007 | 09:47 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by wstr75
Treblig, thanks for your response. Did the Acura place up and replace your radio or was there some feet shuffling on their part?
Actually, after trying the refresh method themselves, they determined that something was wrong. They started by ordering a new "modulator" but when that didn't fix the problem, ther ordered and replace the head unit. Sorry, a long answer to your question, but there was no "feet shuffling" from my dealer.