Messages on Nav display - bogus?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 01:17 PM
AcurAdmirer

Received 352 Likes on 164 Posts
Question Messages on Nav display - bogus?

Okay, I've searched and I've read the whole "Quirks" thread and I don't think this is addressed.

I have two "permanent" messages in my messages folder - one says something like "Your keyless access system may not be working properly. Use the key inside the fob to lock and unlock the doors. See you Acura dealer." the other says something to the efect that "Your ABS and VSA systems may not be working properly - turn the key off, then back on, and if the ABS and VSA lights remain on, see your Acura dealer. This condition may be the result of low voltage."

Now ... the keyless entry system is working fine, regardless what it says. I can lock, unlock, open the trunk, open the locked doors by touching the handle, etc.

As for the ABS/VSA warning, the lights on the dash do NOT stay on, so I think this is a bogus message.

Trouble is, neither one lets me delete. I know I can go into the diagnostic menu and clear them, but since these aren't the usual "keyfob is not present" type messages, I wanted to know if others had seen these particular ones.

Any words of wisdom before I delete these suckers?
Old 10-03-2006, 01:39 PM
'06 RL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mike_TX
Okay, I've searched and I've read the whole "Quirks" thread and I don't think this is addressed.

I have two "permanent" messages in my messages folder - one says something like "Your keyless access system may not be working properly. Use the key inside the fob to lock and unlock the doors. See you Acura dealer." the other says something to the efect that "Your ABS and VSA systems may not be working properly - turn the key off, then back on, and if the ABS and VSA lights remain on, see your Acura dealer. This condition may be the result of low voltage."

Now ... the keyless entry system is working fine, regardless what it says. I can lock, unlock, open the trunk, open the locked doors by touching the handle, etc.

As for the ABS/VSA warning, the lights on the dash do NOT stay on, so I think this is a bogus message.

Trouble is, neither one lets me delete. I know I can go into the diagnostic menu and clear them, but since these aren't the usual "keyfob is not present" type messages, I wanted to know if others had seen these particular ones.

Any words of wisdom before I delete these suckers?
I'd leave them till your next service visit, and have them download the codes. It might be nothing, or it might be something intermittent. Never hurts to let them check it out, so at least you have a warranty record if something *does* come up later.
Old 10-03-2006, 02:08 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 180 Likes on 129 Posts
Originally Posted by jftjr
I'd leave them till your next service visit, and have them download the codes. It might be nothing, or it might be something intermittent. Never hurts to let them check it out, so at least you have a warranty record if something *does* come up later.
Doesn't AcuraLink send this data so the dealer database should know even if you delete them?
Old 10-03-2006, 02:11 PM
AcurAdmirer

Received 352 Likes on 164 Posts
Originally Posted by db22
Doesn't AcuraLink send this data so the dealer database should know even if you delete them?
Acuralink hasn't worked in general, and it definitely doesn't for me, since I don't have data transfer enabled on my RAZR.
Old 10-04-2006, 01:20 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had those same messages

Originally Posted by Mike_TX

I had those same messages on my RL when I got it. I guessed maybe the battery having been run to zero in the showroom/lot (not everyone knows to turn the knob all the way off I guess) and triggered those messages on its way out. I just had them cleared by service and they haven't reappeared.